Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Has anyone toyed with the idea of dropping a 2jz in their Evo.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008 | 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

with enough money anything is possible---but not going to be easy!
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

yes the b18c5 is better than a 4g63. if mitsu could even come close to making the 4g head flow the way the hondas do, it would put out a fair amount more power. the 4g's heads are not that friendly.
also, there should be absolutely no need for balance shafts if a motor is made correctly.

4g has been made for a long time, but so was the b-series hondas. and the k series hondas heads flow even better

4g is a decent motor, but without the turbo its really not that great a motor

back on topic - don't flame the guy for asking a question. good idea or not (personally i think its a waste of time) he still just asked a question. props to those guys for stuffing a ls1 into an evo, but what would you really do with it - too much work for no payoff.

if you look at the cost of fabing up a 2jz into an evo, you could probably build a motor/tranny for big power plus build a backup
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05graphiteMR
yes the b18c5 is better than a 4g63. if mitsu could even come close to making the 4g head flow the way the hondas do, it would put out a fair amount more power. the 4g's heads are not that friendly.
also, there should be absolutely no need for balance shafts if a motor is made correctly.

4g has been made for a long time, but so was the b-series hondas. and the k series hondas heads flow even better

4g is a decent motor, but without the turbo its really not that great a motor

back on topic - don't flame the guy for asking a question. good idea or not (personally i think its a waste of time) he still just asked a question. props to those guys for stuffing a ls1 into an evo, but what would you really do with it - too much work for no payoff.

if you look at the cost of fabing up a 2jz into an evo, you could probably build a motor/tranny for big power plus build a backup
thank you thats all i was trying to say from the start i love my evo to death but im not that in love with it that im blind and cant see that there are other things great around me everybody is always talking **** on hondas they make the highest hp per ltr cars in the world 1.8 making 195hp all motor no boost is ****ing great and there are motors that are better then it
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Where's that 6 speed Getrag tranny going to fit?
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

get out your trusty jegs catalog and order a trans tunnel kit and get welding, where there is a will there is a way