Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Adding a "cherry bomb" to my AMS TBE??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
yep...

Man, some cops are such a joke. Sucks thats the way it is.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my tanabe ultra medallion is pretty quiet while driving in the city but loud on the highway. I'm sure a few guys on Evony have it so you can listen to it.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 1wickedEvo
my tanabe ultra medallion is pretty quiet while driving in the city but loud on the highway. I'm sure a few guys on Evony have it so you can listen to it.
If I'm not mistaken the tanabe exhaust muffler is 14" long. So what I plan to do in the future is purchase a stainless 3" straight flow through 22" muffler (or the biggest that will fit). I'll get an exhaust shop to swap mufflers using the exhaust hangers from the tanabe muffler as well as re-use the tanabe exhaust tip. I love the tips which are double walled and not too big on Tanabe.

That should quiet the exhaust system down more.

The problem with exhausts and sound is, people have different tastes. How I want my exhaust system to be is to have no other sound than the turbo spooling and sucking in air. I much rather accelerate in pure silence then to make the ever so slightest exhaust noise that is barely audibly just enough to tell me that my rpms are rising as I accelerate. This is my ideal perfect 3" straight flow through exhaust system. I would like to be as close to that ideal exhaust as possible.