Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are interested, I will be selling my Buschur Deluxe Intercooler as soon as it comes off the car! OM me if interested, my car is at Buschur for a build and getting the Race FMIC. It is the one that includes the LICP welded to the intercooler! Very quality piece and much better for the price!
Old May 13, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
You should find that the stock intercooler/lower i/c pipe are quite expensive so the insurance money should be enought to actually buy a quality product and not some junk Ebay POS that doesn't support any vendors in the EVO world.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It kills me to see people putting these POS knockoff intercoolers on these cars. It's just wrong!
Evolving Member

for ebay, Just Intercoolers (as mentioned by 4ws) or BYC intercooler...i've been reading up alot as I plan to get one myself. I think most people use the one from Just Intercoolers but I personally feel the BYC piece is slightly better quality (but there is a diff in price too).
Evolved Member

I know this is an old post, but as I just went through something similar with my car, FYI replacement FMIC alone usually comes in about 815$ lol if you jump on it before the sale ends in June you can get the BR deluxe or race FMIC w/lower pipe for like 7 bills shipped.

I ended up going with a Turbo XS, mostly because I wanted up support my local shop. I would have liked to order a vendor piece, but I also want to see a great EVO shop be around for a while
Old May 15, 2008, 12:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phabaznbro
for ebay, Just Intercoolers (as mentioned by 4ws) or BYC intercooler...i've been reading up alot as I plan to get one myself. I think most people use the one from Just Intercoolers but I personally feel the BYC piece is slightly better quality (but there is a diff in price too).

Theres no difference... Theyre exactly the same performance wise... I've tried 4 different ebay ones =-) Just Intercoolers ships stuff out the same day or next day and its packed very well... CX usually ships out in 2-3 days and is packed well...

The other 2 vendors shipped pretty soon but the packing sucked and i had a couple bent fins.

Just for those who are saying to spend more... Not everyone wants to spend 500+ on something that will make 10whp... If youre big into road racing sure you need something huge and a step up. Those that daily drive and race here and there dont need to worry about heat soaking.

I'm currently trying to get setup to sell the ebay intercoolers. Soon you wont need to deal with auctions to purchase one from an unknown vendor. I'll have them in stock and shipping out properly packed same or next day.

Cheers!
Old May 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

You should find that the stock intercooler/lower i/c pipe are quite expensive so the insurance money should be enought to actually buy a quality product and not some junk Ebay POS that doesn't support any vendors in the EVO world.
I love how all vendors say this. If you guys knew anything about economics then you would know that international trading is much more beneficial to our economy then trading within our nation alone. We help them at and they help us out. I am sure all the materials you use to make your parts are ordered internationally. Same with your 02 housing on how you went directly to a chinese source and are now selling those. No different from these intercoolers. That makes you a hypocrite. Some of the parts we choose to put on ours cars comes from places where these these resources are found. Called cutting out the middle man. People who don't have the money to buy parts that are not necessary for their cars don't need to be reprimanded by a vendor and called junk. Just because you have tested parts doesn't mean that have to come through you. Only people with deep pockets. Now please come up with a better response then you make big horsepower.

Last edited by RevMoto; May 15, 2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I dont believe he ever said you have to buy BUSCHUR products. He is saying you should spend the money on products that are proven to work. ie: Buschur, AMS, ETS and so on. Products that are proven to be worth the money due to lots of tests! Not by some guy claiming to make more power with it. Look at the ORIGINAL Magnus intake manifold. Their website claimed great gains, when actually tested, it LOST power compared to the stock piece.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
I dont believe he ever said you have to buy BUSCHUR products. He is saying you should spend the money on products that are proven to work. ie: Buschur, AMS, ETS and so on. Products that are proven to be worth the money due to lots of tests! Not by some guy claiming to make more power with it. Look at the ORIGINAL Magnus intake manifold. Their website claimed great gains, when actually tested, it LOST power compared to the stock piece.
Yes that is what buschur says in many of his threads. Isn't it not what is going on right now with this dyno comparison thread. How buschur is the best and cannot be beat. I know you just recently sent your car to buschur and which will classify you as nutswinger. Please don't be one. I have talked with you in the past. You were a newb not too long ago. Buschur is proven domestically. He has only been working on evo's since 03. These international companies have been working on these cars since they first came out. Please don't knock them as they basically taught us everything we know about these cars. Just because they are made in china doesn't mean they are ****. Labor is cheap compared to the US. Doesn't mean we are better.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Will I run the XSpower Ebay FMIC and it works great. Its a bit heavier than the stock FMIC and fitment could of gone better. But I only spent $132 shipped with UICP and LICP.

I paid $132 shipped for the whole thing. I than sold the LICP for $90 and the UICP for $70.

So I baically got a free FMIC and made money off of it. And I still have the stock FMIC up for sale, so I still have even more money to make off the Ebay FMIC.

EBAY FTW
Old May 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

No offense but you sound like a brainwashed fanboi.

Who told you other IC are not proven???? A vendor that pushes their own parts? Maybe you outta talk to people that actually run those with good results before getting on this whole "You have an EVO so you must have an intercooler that costs $800" and "well look at this vendor's test - he says it's good" bandwagons.
Old May 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I sent my car to Buschur for 3 reasons! 1: they are only 2 hours from my house, why would I ship my car across country when the shop that is getting the best results is that close? 2: Every time I talked to him, he answered every question in detail as to why I should do it and why, never once did they try to sell me things I didnt need. Many of the things I had on my list (their products) were crossed off because they didnt feel I needed tham in my build. 3: They have proven results.

I am far from a nut swinger, as a matter of fact, I almost trailored my car 6 hours to AMS for a tune because I didnt like what Buschur was telling me until he fully explained the reasons behind what he was saying.

And I neve once said the products on ebay were ****! I have never seen dyno results for any of them proving they work! I have seen lots of charts to prove Buschur products.

And how can you say Buschur says he has all the best products? Please read his Dyno testing on intake manifold! His was NOT the top one! The order was Driven Innovations, HKS Kansai, Hypertune! NONE OF THOSE ARE HIS PRODUCTS!

Dont call be a nutswinger when you dont know me or why I am doing what I am! If I lived in New Yord, I would have gone to Emery at STM, if I was out west I would have gone to Vivid or ETS. I chose Buschur due to them being proven and respected, and also closeness! I want to know whats going on with my car, I want to be able to go look at whats going on with my car! Not put it on a trailor, shipped to a company, and then shipped back to me and never meet the people working on my car.

And Buschur doesnt only cater to people with deep pockets. When I got my first few priducts, Intake and Forge BOV, I went to Buschur, they treated me the same then as they are now when they are doing my full build. WITH RESPECT! And that is someone I will give my business to!

How many of the people have you met that are building your products? None?

Well I have met all the guys at Buschur doing my build, and they are all great guys!
Old May 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

i recomend the BYC racing intercooler pm me for more info.
Old May 15, 2008, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spdracr
i recomend the BYC racing intercooler pm me for more info.

What info do you have... theyre on ebay =-p
Old May 15, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

I run the xs intercooler from ebay and the car makes great power 440whp@27psi on a ****ty turbo kit i got from a guy on here using a 56trim turbo on pump gas.
Old May 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

If you think buying all of our stuff from China is good for the economy you are dumber than you appear. Have you looked at this countries overall condition lately? You really think closing tons of factories and shipping all of our work to Mexico and China has helped us out.
Holy**** I agree with Dave

Quick Reply: Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler