Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
I drive my car every day sun, rain, snow, ect. it is not a 500 hp record breaker it is like most street Evo's. I could buy any intercooler on the market Buschur, AMS, ETS, HKS each has a track record for reliability and thats what I'm looking for. My intent was not to bash the imports, but to inform what could possibly happen. I'm sure there are hundres of Evo's running around with them and thats fine, it does not matter to me, but where do you go when something does go wrong?
Hard for you to see everyones views. Evo's are far from indy cars. Nobody here buys $3000 intakes or $4000 exhausts. $800 for an intercooler to you on a car is just another day at the job. $800 to your average evo owner is something that needs serious thought.
Old May 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
Yes it is cheap, yes it did make it faster, yes as the torture it has been put through cosmetic wise it is reliable.
But not HARD pressure... LIKE INDY said why upgrade at all?
Old May 15, 2008, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Hard for you to see everyones views. Evo's are far from indy cars. Nobody here buys $3000 intakes or $4000 exhausts. $800 for an intercooler to you on a car is just another day at the job. $800 to your average evo owner is something that needs serious thought.
thats why ETS sells it for $499
Old May 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev i would not question Indy or Dave. Im sure if Indy is making a statement about the endtank it is for good reason. Dont forget his background.

As far as David selling the o2 housings im pretty sure he made the statement that Yes they make good power for the price but it will come at a cost of longevity. And the reason he sells them is becouse the gains he seen and the price he pays for them cant be duplicated. Dont you think since he tested the intercoolers also if they were good enough he would do the same?

Bottom line is get what you want nobody cares and someday you will come to the conclusion that going cheap now gets costly in the long run!

Oh yea and BTW your engine was worth the price of your car huh. Is that it? I think im about 3 times over my car now. I learned the hardway tried saving money and now as you can see below i learned my lesson!

Chris

Last edited by 2k4EvoVIII; May 15, 2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Rev, You asked and I answered, and yes I found trash in one. I buy my parts very carefully and spend wisely. You sir are talking out your *** when you are making comments like the last one, 800.00 is a lot of money to me. I do the research and find out what is best for my project. If your happy with what you bought that fine it sounds like you are. Have a nice day.
Old May 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
4 Wheels Slide... Being a tuner wouldnt you agree that Customers should put their money to that which will benifit them the most? Say they have $500 should they buy an XS power IC or a water/meth kit? Wouldnt injection benifit them more? I say if your going to do it do it right the first time... also put your money where you can make more reliable power. Its the same as exhaust mani's sure they are cheaper on ebay than waiting the week down time to get one ported but it will just crack so you just wasted $150...

I drive my car every day I drag, road race, canyon drive and rape it on the streets, But I never go cheap on parts that way i know it can keep letting me do what I love to do.

Definitely... and i don't recommend anything else from ebay except the intercoolers. The o2 housing are hit or miss. The downpipes don't fit well.

Unfortunately as much as I'd like to tell everything to do the same setup you're doing a lot of people would prefer to go the simple route and put something nicer looking on their car.

I just find it odd that the only people that really bash the ebay intercoolers are the ones selling their own.

You're not on here trying to make a big deal over an intercooler, i respect that.

Cheers!
Old May 15, 2008, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Its all about profit.... Porting an o2 housing takes xxx amount of time... you can make the same power for less cost and keep the price the same why not make the switch...

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Rev i would not question Indy or Dave. Im sure if Indy is making a statement about the endtank it is for good reason. Dont forget his background.

As far as David selling the o2 housings im pretty sure he made the statement that Yes they make good power for the price but it will come at a cost of longevity. And the reason he sells them is becouse the gains he seen and the price he pays for them cant be duplicated. Dont you think since he tested the intercoolers also if they were good enough he would do the same?

Bottom line is get what you want nobody cares and someday you will come to the conclusion that going cheap now gets costly in the long run!

Oh yea and BTW your engine was worth the price of your car huh. Is that it? I think im about 3 times over my car now. I learned the hardway tried saving money and now as you can see below i learned my lesson!

Chris
Old May 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

At my power levels I was seeing heat soak issues on the Ebay unit on hot days going down the 1320. My initial tests of the unit proved that it made power, and normally when this argument arises my post and tests are brought up but the fact is, the DB unit, the AMS unit, the ETS unit, they are all far superior to the ebay units.

If I was trying to make cheap power though.........**** I'd go with the E-bay unit in a heart beat. If you want reliable serious power......a good unit.

I wonder who wants me to buy an intercooler though.....I'm thinking Buschur or ETS....can't decide as of yet.

Besides Dave hates me =(
Old May 15, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4WS Tuning
Its all about profit.... Porting an o2 housing takes xxx amount of time... you can make the same power for less cost and keep the price the same why not make the switch...
Yup thats what i was trying to say but guess it didnt come out right..lol..

Chris
Old May 15, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII

Chris
I did buy it right the first time. I owned a 402 LS6 Lingenfelter stroker motor with every names brand part you could buy. It was for track purposes only. My evo is for me to enjoy on the street for everyday driving. The ebay intercooler meets those needs 100%.

The chinese replicated other companies 02 housings. The chinese replicated AMS's intercooler. David bashes one and buys the other. How are you going to defend that. I don't hear anything about the 02 housings failing nor do I about the ebay intercooler. Longevity of these products seem to be doing pretty well. Why is everyone still bashing?
Old May 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

I had a cx racing intercooler on my car, it's very good for the money .
Old May 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
revmoto, you keep proving me right. You are talking out your backside mostly.

Facts:

We do road race, did you miss the Magnum? Dieter's car? Robi's car? Trevor's car? Our EVO X? I can go on and on and on. I have been spending a ton of time on the road courses personally over the last two years now, hooked on it actually.
You are in a closed box if you think EVO owners aren't road racing and autocrossing their cars. Probably the same box I broke out of when I realized how big that market was and how much freaking fun it is.

A small turbo, just so you know, makes a LOT more heat than a large turbo, it's efficiency. To justify an intercooler that doesn't work good at 500 hp levels being good enough for a stock turbo is STUPIDITY at it's finest. A GT35's outlet temps at 25 psi are much lower than a stock turbo is at 25 psi. If anything the smaller turbo could use the extra cooling power even more.

I tested the Ebay i/c's, they SUCK for heat control, SUCK SUCK SUCK.

I also tested a stock ported 02 housing, the Works 02 housing and an Invidia 02 housing and a cheap Ebay 02 housing. To my surprise the cheap Ebay 02 housing beat them all. I have also bought 4 other Ebay brands that SUCK SUCK SUCK. They are not all the same. SO, if you shut up long enough and look at the facts the Chinese part I tested that actually performs, yes I sell it. I am not a hypocrit from this, the part works and I CAN NOT make it for what I can buy it for. This is NOT the case on the FMIC's. The ones I tested SUCKED, I do not sell parts that SUCK. BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE.

I see in your signature you like to donate sperm. That is a real scarey thought, I hope if anyone gets one of your samples the poor child gets her mothers intelligence.

BTW, I am a registered Republican. Do you know you have to be registered one way or another to even vote at some elections? Probably not as you have probably never voted. I figured after serving this country in the Army I should exercise my right to vote every chance I get. I am also not afraid to say I voted for Bush, not just once but twice. Would I do it again? Only if he was running in this election because the rest of the candidates suck as much as the Ebay intercooler.

Last edited by David Buschur; May 15, 2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Old May 15, 2008, 10:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I love how all vendors say this. If you guys knew anything about economics then you would know that international trading is much more beneficial to our economy then trading within our nation alone. We help them at and they help us out. I am sure all the materials you use to make your parts are ordered internationally. Same with your 02 housing on how you went directly to a chinese source and are now selling those. No different from these intercoolers. That makes you a hypocrite. Some of the parts we choose to put on ours cars comes from places where these these resources are found. Called cutting out the middle man. People who don't have the money to buy parts that are not necessary for their cars don't need to be reprimanded by a vendor and called junk. Just because you have tested parts doesn't mean that have to come through you. Only people with deep pockets. Now please come up with a better response then you make big horsepower.
Wow where did he say you should support our local economy?

Dave meant you should support the people that DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED the parts instead of the people who copied it. What do you think is going to happen when all of these ebay vendors end up diluting prices of these parts so much that the local guy can't afford to keep his shop open to DESIGN AND DEVELOP that parts?

I'd love to see your anti-buschur post when you're toting your copied copied copied of a copy of AMS's intercooler then.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com

WHATS CHEAP AND FAST ISNT RELIABLE!
Evan Smith
You drive an Evo, which is cheap, fast and reliable. Wake up.

Quick Reply: Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler