Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler

Hey guys,
My car is currently at the repair shop after a small front end collision. My lower intercooler piping is dented so i know that will need to be replaced. Also one of the tabs to my intercooler is broken off. I think the tab could be welded on however if it needs to be replaced I would like to upgrade. Im not planning on spending any extra money, only what insurance gives me. So with that being said I looked on ebay for some intercoolers. I am looking for one with the intercooler piping and one that bolts up to the factory mounts. I found this one and wqas wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...ayphotohosting

Also if anyone knows of one which has worked out good for yourself feel free to tell me about that also. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would get the $75 ebay LICP and find a stock replacement FMIC on ebay. The OEM FMICs normally sell for less than $100 shipped. Pocket the cash the insurance gives you. If you want to spend it go with an ETC 3" as that is the best bang for the buck FMIC and it will be under mistu list price for the stocker.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
I would get the $75 ebay LICP and find a stock replacement FMIC on ebay. The OEM FMICs normally sell for less than $100 shipped. Pocket the cash the insurance gives you. If you want to spend it go with an ETC 3" as that is the best bang for the buck FMIC and it will be under mistu list price for the stocker.
The Ebay is the best bang for the buck. If you were to get an ebay then the XS Power is the one I would get. A better quality FMIC would be the ETS.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have any personal experience with any of these intercoolers. I am looking for one that will bolt up without having to trim anything to make it fit. It also needs to have some performance benefits however I do not plan to track the car or make big power so I dont need feedback such as "I would never get one from ebay" I know there are good kits and bad ones so I am just asking if anyone has personaly dealt with one from ebay?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
Does anyone have any personal experience with any of these intercoolers. I am looking for one that will bolt up without having to trim anything to make it fit. It also needs to have some performance benefits however I do not plan to track the car or make big power so I dont need feedback such as "I would never get one from ebay" I know there are good kits and bad ones so I am just asking if anyone has personaly dealt with one from ebay?
If you are looking for a stock replacement, and working with a budget, get the Ebay IC. I have had mine for over 2 years and it has been good to me.
Makes power and is tuff to beat for your money.

If money not an issue, and you want solid performance, go with the race IC from Buschur Racing, they are on sale now.
There is a current thread on it and it is a good review by Mellon Tuning, Chris.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

which ebay intercoolers are good specifically?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
Hey guys,
My car is currently at the repair shop after a small front end collision. My lower intercooler piping is dented so i know that will need to be replaced. Also one of the tabs to my intercooler is broken off. I think the tab could be welded on however if it needs to be replaced I would like to upgrade. Im not planning on spending any extra money, only what insurance gives me. So with that being said I looked on ebay for some intercoolers. I am looking for one with the intercooler piping and one that bolts up to the factory mounts. I found this one and wqas wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...ayphotohosting

Also if anyone knows of one which has worked out good for yourself feel free to tell me about that also. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I got mine from that vender , fits good .
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt55
Did you have to do any modifying to make it fit? Were you able to keep the stock undertray? Did you notice any performance gains from using that specific intercooler. I looked at your mods list and i plan to have the same exact list as you.

Last edited by heel2toe; Mar 1, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else have the same intercooler from this vendor?
Old May 13, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

ask the ppl in this thread (its an ebay intercooler f/s thread):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=344911
Old May 13, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

anyone using it with good result please share.
how much does the ebay one you have weigh?
Old May 13, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
The Ebay is the best bang for the buck. If you were to get an ebay then the XS Power is the one I would get. A better quality FMIC would be the ETS.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old May 13, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by matt55
I just got this intercooler a few months ago. It fits pretty good. Im currently getting tuned by 4WS. I cant tell you that it made huge gains. I dont have dyno sheets to prove it. However, my car is running great. It could just be the 4WS tune . I have a couple of my friends running around with these intercoolers now. They all like it.

Izzy
Old May 13, 2008, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I always refer people to purchase from cxmotorsports or Just Intercoolers... I've never had a customer had an issue with either one of them. It really is bang for the buck and i'm trying to get ahold of some to start selling so you guys dont have to deal with ebay.

Cheers!
Old May 13, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You should find that the stock intercooler/lower i/c pipe are quite expensive so the insurance money should be enought to actually buy a quality product and not some junk Ebay POS that doesn't support any vendors in the EVO world.

Quick Reply: Evolution Ebay Front Mount Intercooler