Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Time for a race head! BR, AMS or JAM?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhoenixEvo
Cosworth head has shown to be a great head, however it is soo damn costly!! For the price i would go w/ ams or buschur, i hear only good things from those heads. But If u got the money, go with the cosworth.! IMO
Actually in the case of my car the Cosworth head although very pretty to look at lost significant spool up and power as compared to Buschur which is why I sold my Coworth head
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

The head in that linked thread isn't a JAM head. All heads that go out of here with dual springs are machined for clearance, period. That head clearly wasn't.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought you might like to look at our results using an exact before and after comparison. If the AFTER log had been started at the same time as the Stock BEFORE log, I don't think you would have seen any difference in the pre-5252 RPM's. If you intend or expect to see your RPMS in the 6000+ range, then this dyno shows the power to be made in Buschur Racing head work only. Cams, tune, EVERYTHING was the exact same, boost included.

I KNOW you can't go wrong with a Stage 3 head from Buschur Racing. We've had 2, one on each car, and the results speak for themselves.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The head came directly from CBRD from JAM actually and to our shop. CBRD questioned you (JAM) about the valve spring clearance and was told it was correct. The valve stem height was also off .040. Also, your signature is not correct, we were the first to go 8's. If you specify first "AWD DSM" then your signature will be OK.

Last edited by David Buschur; Feb 29, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

i have a cosworth evo9 head, but if i had to do it again, i would go with buschur for sure. his support for our community is top notch, along with knowledge and stands behind his work 110%.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by socalmr
i have a cosworth evo9 head, but if i had to do it again, i would go with buschur for sure. his support for our community is top notch, along with knowledge and stands behind his work 110%.
Amen to that. Standing behind your work should be at the top of the list for any customer. Buschur proves it day in and day out.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

I f***ed up the 1st time and went to a shop locally who supposedly does the best heads etc etc. Paid over a thousand to get a good head. Ferrea Ti dual valve springs and retainers, got cossi cams and what not. Next thing you know, not only 2 weeks later I get ticking... I got dancing valves, difference lifters in my head, the thing was all f***ed up. Best believe I was pissed, since the motor only had 5,000 miles on it!!! I got tired of all the bs and sent the entire long block to Buschur. After that was done, I never have to worry about it. I got a motor that can handle anything you can throw at it. The head flows so well the stock turbo has a hard time keeping up with it. I'm glad I made the choice I made, because DB stands behind his work! He's a honest man and doesn't throw something together... So if I were you, get a Buschur head and call it a no worry mod!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

im running jam head and there stage 3 short block .
im very happy wid my setup and the quality of their parts .....
all ill say is that ull never go wrong wid jam ..
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haseeb
all ill say is that ull never go wrong wid jam ..
Yeah... keep telling yourself that...
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor

gsc puts out a quality product as well
Old Mar 1, 2008, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

^^What, ETS and Lucas Racing don't modify cylinder heads so you pull a different manufacturer out of you @$$ and say they make a good product. Why don't you get in the loop and figure out there are companies out there that have a clue what they are doing.

p.s. your sig is pretty funny....I've met Curt Brown....
Old Mar 1, 2008, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I f***ed up the 1st time and went to a shop locally who supposedly does the best heads etc etc. Paid over a thousand to get a good head. Ferrea Ti dual valve springs and retainers, got cossi cams and what not. Next thing you know, not only 2 weeks later I get ticking... I got dancing valves, difference lifters in my head, the thing was all f***ed up. Best believe I was pissed, since the motor only had 5,000 miles on it!!! I got tired of all the bs and sent the entire long block to Buschur. After that was done, I never have to worry about it. I got a motor that can handle anything you can throw at it. The head flows so well the stock turbo has a hard time keeping up with it. I'm glad I made the choice I made, because DB stands behind his work! He's a honest man and doesn't throw something together... So if I were you, get a Buschur head and call it a no worry mod!
So how long is the downtime for the motor and head to be built?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The head came directly from CBRD from JAM actually and to our shop. CBRD questioned you (JAM) about the valve spring clearance and was told it was correct. The valve stem height was also off .040. Also, your signature is not correct, we were the first to go 8's. If you specify first "AWD DSM" then your signature will be OK.
This is 100% true about the head!!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That was in fact our head...... i am not going to get into a discussion over it. but its back now, from BR and still has JAM Stamped on the casting.

cb
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
So how long is the downtime for the motor and head to be built?
Since it was an entire engine build, plus it got there before X-mas, and New Years, it took DB about 3 weeks, but of him actually working it was more like 2 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a head go to him and in a week to two weeks, depending on how busy his shop is, it would get back to you.

Quick Reply: Time for a race head! BR, AMS or JAM?