Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is the Injen LICP any good?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Injen LICP any good?

I read in a post recently that the injen IC pipes were crap, but have searched the topic & haven't come up with anything as far as a review good or bad. I have the Injen intake & Intercooler pipe kit on my car now & am in the process of doing a hand full of mods (TBE, 272's, ETS IC, etc). I want to know if I should keep the Injen LICP or go with something else like the ETS or AMS pipe. I'll keep the upper since they don't do much anyway. Any help is apreciated since I want to make a decision before I finish modding & get tuned.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They fit bad and aren't as straight as others
Old Mar 2, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

mine fit like crap blew of like 20 times once in the middle of the night and had to get my gf to tow me back to her house with a tow strap @ 2am .... sucked ***** replaced it with the Ams lower pipe and never had a problem ...... and yes i had tbolt clamps....and the ams pipe bolts to the car so it is supported by more than the couplers and clamps unlike the injen pipe my 2 cents
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

I did have to fight it a little to fit it, but it seems to be OK now that it is on. I was just wondering if the others perform better or is the reason I heard someone knocking it because of the fitment issues. By the way RevMoto how do you like the Borla manifold? I was thinking about getting it when I first got my IX, but havent seen them recently & was told it didn't fit the IX well (I dont know why it wouldn't). I ordered a Megan, but if the Borla is good & works well with the IX I might have to try to find one.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:05 PM

i run the injen kit with lower and upper ic pipes. The upper ic pipes fits nicely but the lower ic pipe fits like crap. The lower pipe from the fmic to the inlet pipe has already came undone twice.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

I may just go ahead & get the ETS pipe, so I don't have to deal with that in the future. I think it's worth the extra money not to have to worry about it coming off while on the road. Hell its $70+ to get towed if this happens & there are no tools around.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shunderwunder
I may just go ahead & get the ETS pipe, so I don't have to deal with that in the future. I think it's worth the extra money not to have to worry about it coming off while on the road. Hell its $70+ to get towed if this happens & there are no tools around.
That's why you keep extra clamps and a wrnch in your car at all times.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:26 PM

ya i keep a box of tools in my car. I am prolly gonna go with the ams licp
Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
That's why you keep extra clamps and a wrnch in your car at all times.
But what about the 45 minutes to take off the lower cover I didn't even think about that. I do need to put together a small tool kit. Thats 1 thing I liked about the BMW, it had a tool kit stock.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

I have it. installed it 8 months ago.

23PSI stock turbo. NEVER blown off, and fit fine.

I dunno why everyone else is having issues. My guess is installation error.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Mine has not blown off yet, but Im still at stock PSI & I even used the clamps that came with it. I just dont want to run into issues in the future.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
Mine has not blown off yet, but Im still at stock PSI & I even used the clamps that came with it. I just dont want to run into issues in the future.
I did the same and am fine. I'd say save your money. I've had 0 issues in several months and with above stock boost.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:25 PM

did you guys have fitment issues for the lower intercooler pipe? mine has trouble fitting on tightly to the FMIC using the stock connecting hose
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by YzBrad99; Jul 23, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I just worked on a car this weekend with the full injen kit and it fit fine - no issues. I had to take it off to put some t-bolts on it and when I re-installed it I just put the turbo end on first and then attached it to the intercooler, fit fine.

I personally run the PPI pipe and it fit excellent.

Originally Posted by evoboi005
mine fit like crap blew of like 20 times once in the middle of the night and had to get my gf to tow me back to her house with a tow strap @ 2am .... sucked ***** replaced it with the Ams lower pipe and never had a problem ...... and yes i had tbolt clamps....and the ams pipe bolts to the car so it is supported by more than the couplers and clamps unlike the injen pipe my 2 cents
Thats it - blame the intercooler for blowing off......it couldn't be the fault of the person who installed it and didn't tighten his clamps down enough?

I guess the next in line to blame is the wrench......

Tighten the clamps down as much as you can - I crank mine down till they wont tighten anymore. (then I test them via a boost leak test) And no you wont bend the pipe using a std. ratchet and your arm muscles unless your the hulkster or chuck norris.

Quick Reply: Is the Injen LICP any good?