Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Highest HP 2 liter EVO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vwjeff
I beleive 9sec9 (Tom) has/had the highest built IX also done by Buschur Racing
This may sound totally stupid, but when I saw the question earlier, I had completely forgotten about my own car. I had never even given it a thought as to where it stood on the power ranking. I'm not too sure about it being the most for a IX, but I'm pretty sure it's at least capable of being there. The Dyno of 649 was no where near being maxed. Too bad we may never know it's final number, unless CO_VR4 finds out.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool video Al. I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it, "3.5 inch full exhaust with muffler, nice."

I can't believe how hard the car was hitting the tire.

When is it hitting the track? You now have the power for 8's at 170, now you just have to commit to getting some weight out of the car. It is heavy for sure.

Congrats again!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Al, looks to be a great season coming up, lots of high HP Evo's
Old Mar 6, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff bro and congrats david/al

poundage man

Now I look foward to visiting my in-laws in OH LOL, IDK maybe get orders to wright-patternson AFB

Last edited by bnice01; Mar 6, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
What I'd like to say to some of you will end up looking like a bunch of this "**** " so there's no sense in typing it.

I came here, made a post to give Al some props for the power he made. The thread gets jumped on by people bringing his accomplishment down. I didn't start with the negative comments but I won't sit by and listen to them either.

My point of saying "nobody cares about the 2g" was that this thread is about the EVO. I do care about the 1g's and 2g's. I also knew darn good and well it wasn't even actually a real "2g" I knew it had a 6 bolt swap with a head on it that flows more than the EVO head. That was my point.

I did label the thread wrong and didn't include "EVO" in the title. We all know the engine I built for Shepherd made more than 1016 whp and was a 2 liter.

Can you get off my *** now and leave the thread for what it was suppose to be?
I can not believe that after that post you still get posts like:
Originally Posted by TalonTuner4G63
Really? Damn are you still selling parts for those pieces of ****? Think of all the idiots who buy that stuff.....
and
Originally Posted by gixxer_drew
No David, actually what happened was you started a thread with the title claiming highest HP 2.0 L, then the guy who actually had the highest HP 2.0L chimed in just to set the record straight then you edited your title to highest HP 2.0L EVO of course he had to post and point it out. Seems like you got really worked up over it though.
I didnt even have to read post 83 to know that is exactly what he meant. His initial off the cuff statement may have been a little sharp. If anybody here says that they have never said something that came out wrong or was a little rude, then I will call them a liar. Especially when your in a position like his. In this business you have to deal with alot of people, with varying levels of intilect, that are either fans or critics. Its hard to stay diplomatic all the time. Also its not exactly an unusual characteristic for a person who is passionate and driven enough to create what he has created. Its a rough business. As far as professional goes... I have listened to people complain for 10 years. He is still in business. I have been yelled at by dave like I was a b@stard stepchild , and im still a supporter!

It is actually hard to believe that people have taken what he said so far out of context. It reminds me of a chick that hears something along the lines of I dont love you, when you say something like im going to the track this weekend. He never said he didnt care about DSMs. His point was it is not applicable.

As far as semantics go. If you want to play the semantics card then, how about the fact that Mitsu is not the only company with a 2 litre. Its an Evo forum, of course he was talking about an evo. And for those that say its the same thing. Not only is the head different, but we are talking whp, so the driveline is different as well.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Classic I quote

( Im done ******g around for now)

Classic
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

I am REALLY curious to know how much power would have been made OVER Al's current number had it been a IX motor built by Buschur. I have a strong feeling that MIVEC would really shine at higher boost, higher timing, etc. etc. etc.

Guess there's only one way to find out, swap all his **** over to a IX block...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Many congrats Al. If everyone on this planet had your enthusiasm, the World would be a better place. Can't wait to see it in action.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Al.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked E
I am REALLY curious to know how much power would have been made OVER Al's current number had it been a IX motor built by Buschur. I have a strong feeling that MIVEC would really shine at higher boost, higher timing, etc. etc. etc.

Guess there's only one way to find out, swap all his **** over to a IX block...
You need the IX head brotha not the block...but I know what you mean and agree. The extra cooling and being less prone to det, it would be interesting.

Congratulations Al, its going to be a really fun season this year I think
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:45 PM

Nice Worrrrrrrk
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
You need the IX head brotha not the block...but I know what you mean and agree. The extra cooling and being less prone to det, it would be interesting.

Congratulations Al, its going to be a really fun season this year I think
In order to have the IX head.. You need the block... so he would need the IX long block...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
In order to have the IX head.. You need the block... so he would need the IX long block...

Okay guys... to put it simply, a IX's MIVEC system, blah blah blah... Block, head, whatever it is you need to make it work...

Sorry, I'm drunker than **** tonight...
Old Mar 7, 2008, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Just got off the phone with Al from Dynoflash and want to give him a HUGE pat on the back for setting the new record for the highest horsepower 2 liter.

1016 whp. I don't think he's done yet.

Stay tuned for updates, video and dynosheet.

Thanks for letting us be a part of the build Al.
Do you know much about Andre Simon's Evo from New Zealand? I read somewhere that it made 1040whp? I cant really find much info about it, but im pretty sure its a standard capacity 2L. It definatley is badass though, 8.2 179
Old Mar 7, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Andre has a evo3 which uses 6bolt motor. Similar setup to Shep.

Quick Reply: Highest HP 2 liter EVO