Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Highest HP 2 liter EVO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to ask but will anyways...

What is the World Record Highest Horsepower for an Evo IX?? Anyone know??

Congrats on a mean sounding Evo (Being as hearing impaired as I am, my surround sound system sounded sick)...

Is this going to be the ticket to the 8's or do you need a little more power??
Old Mar 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

that video is sooo badass

and lol at the *****es...who cares if it's not the highest?? it's at least top 3.....still impressive as ****

damn naggers
Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The car is using a GT42r turbo. The shortblock is a 2 liter, standard bore. This is the same Stage 3 engine we offer with the aluminum rod option.

What did you use to polish the bearings in that engine? 45grit? or did you use 60grit wet?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Thanks man !

Long live VP Import - breathing the fumes gives me a wonderful feeling
I hear ya on the VP Import its can burn your nose off but it gets addicting to smell
Can't wait to see your new times Al!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by 6bolt2g
What did you use to polish the bearings in that engine? 45grit? or did you use 60grit wet?
We are not going to tolerate "drive by" trolls. Your account is history. Thanks for playing.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

the guys at AMS never step into this bull**** you other vendors call "business" its funny watching all of you ***** and moan about who broke whos dyno record or stop making fun me, or your shop looks like ****...real mature

In the end this is how i see it AMS walks the walk...they put down the the best 1/4 mile time to date in their evo im sure they will break their own record this summer...as for Buschur, Al, ETS, English Racing,...blah blah blah etc. you guys should really stop talking **** and look at AMS they are doing everything right w/o all the **** talking, AMS is honestly the only company i can seriously look at and realize when it comes time to deliver or step down and shut the **** up they have always delivered

Last edited by EV0lved; Mar 6, 2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EV0lved
the guys at AMS never step into this bull**** you other vendors call "business" its funny watching all of you ***** and moan about who broke whos dyno record or stop making fun me, or your shop looks like ****...real mature

In the end this is how i see it AMS walks the walk...they put down the the best 1/4 mile time to date in their evo im sure they will break their own record this summer...as for Buschur, Al, ETS, English Racing,...blah blah blah etc. you guys should really stop talking **** and look at AMS they are doing everything right w/o all the **** talking, AMS is honestly the only company i can seriously look at and realize when it comes time to deliver or step down and shut the **** up they have always delivered
When has ets or english racing ever talked ****?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice work al congrats for building that beast
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wicked E
I hate to ask but will anyways...

What is the World Record Highest Horsepower for an Evo IX?? Anyone know??
I beleive 9sec9 (Tom) has/had the highest built IX also done by Buschur Racing
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I know who's building my engine in the future. Grats Al Props again and again to Buschur Racing.

Im not a ball hanger in any sort as I don't have one product of thiers on my car.

Their engine building is proven itself time and time again to me its the only clear choice for my EVO
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by vwjeff
I beleive 9sec9 (Tom) has/had the highest built IX also done by Buschur Racing
I would have to guess Brandon's car from TurboTrix more than likely. It has gone low 9.11@159.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Brandon Turbotrix customer made over 900whp and run flat 9's
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what i find so cool is that the highest horsepower evos... their engine bays always look so simple.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EV0lved

I point out that I said nothing about AMS or anyone else in my video or in this thread and I did not detract on anyone so I dont understand where your additudes are comming from.

I respect AMS a great deal and they certianly have innovated many great products and produce some high quality goods indeed.

I also like the way AMS conducts themselves - very professional indeed.

I choose to speak what is on my mind and just act however I am feeling.

I am a one man team doing the best I can to enjoy my car and pursue my dreams and explore my passion for this particular car.

I think it would be relevant at this point to interject that my car is a very heavy car` weighing in at 3280 lbs with me in it with a steel roof, doors and wind up glass windows and a full 3.5 " steel exhuast. Perhaps to the typical consumer such distinctions mean little but surely the real racers out there understand what it means to compete in a sanctioned form of racing with uniform rules and the difference between a heavy car and a light car.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Driven Innovations
Brandon Turbotrix customer made over 900whp and run flat 9's
Yes and his car has plastic doors and windows and a tube front end - ergo less weight

As we all know speed is about power to weight ratio

Al

Quick Reply: Highest HP 2 liter EVO