Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Annoying sound!!!?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying sound!!!?

My engine has always seemed to make alot of noise. Ive always had that tick that everyone refers to, and its getting to be annoying. Just recently i had my green installed along with a ported manifold and heatshield from buschur. a few days after the install this noise started. The noise is best describe as a " *****.*****.*****.*****.*****" coming from the front of the engine. it almost sounds like its coming from inside the motor. It seems to be more audible when the heatshield is on, when i take it off, i can faintly here the sound. Its almost like the heatshield is amplifying the noise. I know the evo is suppose to be noisy, but when different noises spring up out of nowhere, to me its a cause for concern, if something wasnt making noise and now does, there must be something going on. So now combine the engine tick with the noise above, and you have one nasty sounding engine bay.

Another thing to mention is that when the install was done, the big vac line that runs from the valve cover into the intake was left kinked, so basically whatever that line does, it was blocked. im wondering if driving on the car without knowing that it was kinked has caused damage somehwere inside the motor. or maybe im just paranoid and its simply an exhaust leak, or maybe even the heatshield itself.

anyone here thise noise before, or have any suggestions. thanks

Last edited by diiirk@AwdMotorsports; Mar 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

That line is the breather for ur valve cover.. just get a crankcase breather filter for that... no biggie.. noise wise i have no idea.. try to locate the noiuse in the general area it is coming from.. does it happen all the time or at certian rpms or turns.. find out where and repost..!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

i can only hear it at idle. as for the vac line, i routed it so that it was not kinked so that is solved. i was just mentioning incase it could have caused some internal damage.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Timing belt rubbing the crank sensor.