Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone with Aeromotive FPR Experience ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone with Aeromotive FPR Experience ?

I have been experiencing some troubles with my car lately to know end. recently i was told to lower my fuel pressure.

With the Aeromotive FPR the lowest it goes is 30 and i was told that the fuel pressure should be around 33-35 psi.

So i did drop the fuel pressure to the lowest it goes at 30 psi and it did help out some. My car wasnt running as rich now. But still the problem is there. My car is still running rich.

I was wondering if maybe the FPR is to much for the car or should that not be and issue ?

Anyone have ne ideas ? I can give more info on the problem but ive done it so much to no end lately.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have it on my 1G. Its been on there for over 4yrs without a single problem. I have my fuel pressure set at factory specs with a large window of adjustment. Are you trying to set the fuel pressure with the vacuum line still on the FPR?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i currently run the A1000 and have run other types of Aeromotive FPR's on other cars and have yet to have any problems. Have you tried taking it apart and inspecting the diaphram and spring? other than that there is not much to it to go wrong
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I bought it brand new from them not to long ago. And yes i did set the fuel pressure with the vacuum line off.

Its just my car was running really rich and bogging out bad at 3000 RPM's and above. Then after being told to drop my fuel pressure i gained 1000 RPM's before it started bogging again.

As soon as i put the car on the slightest load it seems it just bogs out. I wasnt sure if the Aeromotive FPR was just to much for the car.

My mods are in my Sig.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

generally you put on a larger FPR to help fight a pump that is too large for the car causing overrun of the FPR. When that happens the fuel pressure doesnt rise evenly with boost. Ive never heard of or can see how a you can have to large a FPR. The problem I beleive lies somewhere else. At what time is your pressure to high that you want to lower it. Alos what pump do you have in the car.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just a walbro as of now. Ok thats good to hear. I was sure if I had gone a little to far in buying it but I am just grabbing everything as I go. Little more time ill be seeing a new turbo kit.

I have been working with this kid tuning it but its still giving us a problem running really rich.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

You are in dangerous waters here friend. Take it to a pro quickly.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

What do you mean by that ? Im working with someone right now and we only just begun this weekend.

He believes it will all be in the tuning. Its just that i put so much on the car at once it doesnt know what to do.

If the tuning fails then he said its mechanical. Which neither of us thinks the case seeing the car is a 03 with 23k on it and hasnt been driven in two goin on 3 years.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Also just to make sure. I have been going through all my directions for everything to make sure i have no F* ups. But the fuel lines should be the feed line from the car goes to the rail then the other fuel port on the rail goes to the FPR and the return off the bottom back to the car.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

What I meant by that was that you have a fueling problem and are experimenting with trying to fix it on the road. This could easily result in a big boom and end up costing you your entire build. It's just not worth messing around with something as important as fueling. I personally would work this out on a dyno and let a pro work it out, but it's your car. Good luck.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
do a boost leak check as it sounds like the MAF is throwing the car into rich moad when there is load cause of a leak, either that or the car needs to be tuned for the injectrs/fuel rail. are the injectors scaled?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'm running the Aeromotive FPR with 880 PTE injectors. I'm running approximately 44 psi at idle without any problems. One of the things you can do is hook up a logger and check your fuel trims.

Sounds like you need a tune.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Question for you guys. Its stupid and im the *** if im wrong but im unsure if i have it right.

Should fuel pressure be regulate before it reaches the fuel rail or after ?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I appologize for the misinformation. I checked my lines thoroughly, and the high pressure hose goes to the fuel rail. From the fuel rail it goes into the FPR. Then the bottom line is the return back to the fuel tank.

Last edited by MadMsheen; Apr 4, 2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Heres a description of how i have my fuel lines routed.

The feed from the car goes straight to the fuel rail.

The second fuel rail port goes to the regulator.

Then the return port on the bottom of the FPR goes back to the return in the car.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Aeromotive FPR Experience ?