Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Wheel locks up

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel locks up

Hello All,

I drove into a curb making a right turn. There is significant damage to my left front wheel (cracked, chipped off at the lip) and minor damage the my left rear wheel. The car only goes several feet in each direction (forward and reverse) before locking up. When going onto the flatbed I noticed the left front wheel stopped moving after a certain point, while the right front wheel had some spin in it all the way up. I don't recall how the rear wheels looked. Based on this, my current assessment is that maybe only one wheel locks up and not all of them, at least until this thing gets on a lift. Underneath the car, from what I can see, there are no signs of leaking or anything out of place.

So, besides the wheels, what else is wrong with the car? Any kind of pre-diagnosis based on the info I have provided would be appreciated!

TIA
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

front (axle?)shafts with suspension damage most likely. Sorry cant remember the name of the front drive shafts right now...brain fart. Axles right? Someone correct me if I am wrong. Graveyard shift is dragging on....
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Hub bearing?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:39 PM

Thanks, anyone else?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:04 PM

bump