Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hotside Pipe and Outlet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotside Pipe and Outlet

Hey guys ive seen these being advertised and wonderd if their any good?

Will i get much improvement from them?

http://www.meek.com.au/index.php?v=P...&id=241&pcid=4

Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do the math yourself! I'd consider the AMS LICP at $239! Additionally, there are some other options, such as: the Fighter's Garage LICP, as well as the LICP's available from ETS and Nissei.

Last edited by sparky; Mar 18, 2008 at 07:10 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:06 PM

The pipe is not much different to anything else that is continous mandrel bent.. Can you see the cast aluminum turbo outlet? Do these other companies mentioned offer anything even remotely similar?
I dont think so.
You do the math.

Last edited by Mr Gears; Mar 18, 2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

deleted

Last edited by sparky; Mar 18, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Is it just a coincidence that the product in the original post is Aussie made(not knocking it) and that the two other people posting on this thread are located in Australia as well. And that furthermore, each one of them only has one post each?

Just what the Evo world needs, a $500 cast aluminum compressor outlet discharge tube and a continuously mandrel bent LICP. It's a free world, and I just happen to prefer the Fighter's Garage LICP for $149.00.

Last edited by sparky; Mar 18, 2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think it will make a darn bit off difference and I don't recommend buying foreign parts when our country needs a boost in the economy.

We are lucky enough to get an additional tax return that we should spend on US made parts. I just purchased an ETS FMIC. Now do your part.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:41 PM

Name:  hotsidepipee7.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  hotsideevo7.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  29.5 KB

No the spool up gain is like 200-300 rpm earlier.
And part throttle spool is improoved.
so yes it is worth doing it.
And we have always made a compressor outlet since galant VR4.
Both the pipe and outlet are sold seperatly.
$200 AUS for each peice without local GST.
Do you guys realise Buscher Racing pay for full page ads in our mags down here.
Did not think you guys were ready for this kind of quality.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Junk.... how can spool be improved if you are increasing the area needed to be filled and it wasn't a restriction in the first place.

This is not a VR4.

This is a BS attempt at advertising.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:00 PM

Its every bit identical to a VR4 and Evo 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
It stays 44mm all the way on that metal outlet.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a nice piece..

restriction has an affect on spool. not just area.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Look man.... the stock intercooler pipe may look like a restriction but its not. Its just funny looking. I've been there and done that. I even tested stock vs AMS on a dyno there was no difference at all.

The stock pipe is good for at least 50lbs of airflow and you aren't gonna speed up spool ESPECIALLY 300 RPM by putting a bigger pipe in there. If you aren't seeing gains when boost is maxed out how the hell are you gonna say its much better flowing when you aren't even at full boost.

Also there's a reason why mitsu used the rubber piece near the downpipe. Its because aluminum and steel absorb heat like a flipping sponge. So adding this pretty metal pipe will more than likely do more harm than good.

Its a ricer mod. Some people are even putting heavy pipes with no mounting brackets in there. That is just silly. You can swallow and burp this hype up all day long if you want to. But I don't have to.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

It's all about airflow. This combo seems to be the smoothest transition & least disruptive LICP I've seen. It looks like a very well designed setup. It's a little pricey, but nice. I would consider it if I didn't already have a LICP

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
^^^ Junk.... how can spool be improved if you are increasing the area needed to be filled and it wasn't a restriction in the first place.

This is not a VR4.

This is a BS attempt at advertising.
What do you mean by increasing area? It apears to be the same diameter as stock with a smooth transition outlet leading to it.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I don't think it will make a darn bit off difference and I don't recommend buying foreign parts when our country needs a boost in the economy.

We are lucky enough to get an additional tax return that we should spend on US made parts. I just purchased an ETS FMIC. Now do your part.
If you are so hardcore American why arent you driving a Mustang or a Vette? There are some things that you just can't have & still only buy American. If it were the exact same thing as the ETS piece I could see your reasoning, but this is something not offered by a US company. The closest thing is the Buschur Delux IC & LICP kit which is also very nice, but not the same thing. I just think it is stupid to bash a part cause it's foreign. Especially when you are putting it on a foreign car.

Last edited by shunderwunder; Mar 18, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

I'm giving him a hard time because this is a very sad attempt at advertising!

For the record aftermarket LICPs on stock turbos are a waste of money and at risk for shifting and causing leaks. If you must rice out your car at the very least put a flipping bracket on the thing!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:05 PM

If I recall correctly helix offered a intercooler pipe kit with the compressor outlet...

I know for a fact the ralliart intercooler piping kit has a licp that comes with a compressor outlet, because I have one.

Boost came on a little harder with the ralliart licp, I had it set to 20 with my mbc and after install of ralliart licp and buschur uicp boost was spiking at 22 psi...

Turned the boost back down to about 20 and the power gain that I had felt was gone... But still had the boost coming on faster/spooling faster. (No I don't have data logs, and yes it could have all been in my head).

Quick Reply: Hotside Pipe and Outlet