Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit

I finally got delivery of my rmr exhaust and DP...now i can finally install the 3037s kit. Ive been toying with the idea of a larger intercooler....but...it sort of ruins the sleeper look and im concerned that a larger intercooler will mean more lag....and with the 3037s kit...more lag is something I dont need...I came across this Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit and I was wondering if anyone had a real world evaluation or opinion of it? Any input will be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 1, 2003, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know

I think that you should probably get a larger intercooler just to be safe

there are a couple different choices but the only one that i have seen is the Pruven Performance. I think it looks more low key then the stock one, but anybody that knows what an evo is will tell right away that its not stock
Old Aug 1, 2003, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/dualevos.JPG

The black one has the pruven intercooler
Old Aug 1, 2003, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

out of sheer principal....I wouldnt buy a thing from Pruven....I have 3 calls and an email into them and they never called me back...I called about the custom pipes they make for the 3037s kit....reminds me of when i called vishnu and an answering machine said they would call back within 72 hours....Im amazed that these people stay in business...the concept of an intercooler is to cool the air charge...with this kit and a small intercooler it should work nicely..but Im not sure about the validity of this kit...and where do you fill up with co2? I would envision a kit taht would be triggered by vacuum so once past say...14 pounds of boost it sprays right to 19-20...with an override to allow it to spray manually to cool it down before a race or a thrashing...any ideas?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

there was a thread for the Ntercooler or something from MACH V ...... c02 cooler, and what about the AMS IC?

-Shahul
Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad they didnt return your phone calls - - cause you never responded to my emails or IM's when I was contacting you to offer you the pipe kit for the 3037 - a bit hypocritical eh ?

Obviously your knowlege of turbo systems is limited - I suggest you read the book "Maximum Boost" it has a lot of info on how tp set up a turbo car

As far as the Pruven intercooler - even though its capacity is exactly twice the cubic inches of the stock intercooler - there is not a percepatble or measurable increase in spool up time (turbo lag) or any loss in throttle response

However - the Pruven intercooler does reduce the intake charge temps significantly - thereby allowing you to run leaner and with more advance - thereby making LOTS more power - especially with the 3037s

The stock intercooler will work - BUT - you'll be making less power

As for the Co2 sprayer or nitrous sprayer - I have that (seems like you are copying my every move) anyway - its a great power adder - BUT a 10 lb bottle only lasts for about ONE dyno pass or 1/4 mile run so the set up is very INPRACTICAL and super costly to run. Its good for a nice kick in the pants - but unless you want to run with a trunk full of bottles - you will have only one short blast before its time to return to the bottle shop

Also - the bottle NX sends has a NITROUS fitting - it has to be changed to a C02 thread if you want the cheaper C02

Finally - I'd be leary about leaving one of these bottles in my trunk on a daily basis IF I lived in Florida - - my bottle gets up to 1400 psi on a hot day - even up here in the NE
Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Slow replies are to be expected. The vast majority of these companies 1. can't afford to hire large staffs and 2. race their cars and attend events that pull them from the office. Such is life.

Out of curiousity how heavy is the water sprayer system when full as compared to the N2O sprayer, and approximately how much more effective is N2O in terms of reduced IAT's?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
Slow replies are to be expected. The vast majority of these companies 1. can't afford to hire large staffs and 2. race their cars and attend events that pull them from the office. Such is life.

Out of curiousity how heavy is the water sprayer system when full as compared to the N2O sprayer, and approximately how much more effective is N2O in terms of reduced IAT's?
I tell you - after actually hanging out in these shops and hearing all the stupid questions they get all day from idiots who will ask them questions to death and then go buy the propduct for 3.00 less on the internet - its not an easy occupation

Guys like RMR who have a sales team are to be commended

BUT Pruven has no sales team - when you call you may reach Dan - or you may never get a message returned - - obviuosly there are doing somethinjg right as they are booked solid for weeks ahead and thier parking lot is full'

I removed my stcok h20 strayer to save weight and open up a hole for cold air intake to filter

The Co2 strayer is so much more effective than the h20 - its like comaring a fire work to a nuclear bomb - - - the only draw back like I said before is the short time the bottle lasts

I have seen 45 - 50 HP gains on my own car

At a cost of $40.00 in nitrous for 20 - 30 seconds - thats not for low rollers
Old Aug 1, 2003, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Al- Thanks for the straight-up info summing up the performance value and the cost factors associated with this kit. Thats first-hand data that really helps!!

I had no idea that this Co2 sprayer kit could give you that much kick in hp gain! I also had no clue as to how quickly the gas is used-up and how costly it can be;-)!!

N10S
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

I think you ought to get a real intercooler for that beast!

We carry the AMS bolt on intercooler (true bolt on!..).. I also have it on my car:

More pics here: http://members6.clubphoto.com/emil54...16/guest.phtml

It's still pretty sleeper looking, unless you know what to look for..

Is it effective? Oh yes!.. AMS gained 20whp from it on their dynojet vs. the stock IC!! That's on the stock turbo too!.. Imagine what you'd get from your beefy turbo setup!!! Btw, it's the same core that they use on their 650whp EVO2 drag car (it's run 9.77 in the quarter so far this season)!!!

We sell it for a special price right now - $795 shipped!

Last edited by RENN-ART; Aug 1, 2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I'm glad they didnt return your phone calls - - cause you never responded to my emails or IM's when I was contacting you to offer you the pipe kit for the 3037 - a bit hypocritical eh ?
Im terribly sorry about not answering your IM or email. I actually dont remember getting either, then again my computer is sort of a community computer during work hours so i dont doubt it..I appreciate your input and willingness to help me, can you please resend it?...as far as being hypocritical...well I have to disagree with you there....these guys are in business to supply products and service, and obviously Im a good client to have, you can ask RMR, SPD and I just called on buying that intercooler from Renn-Art that was recomended on this thread.

Id love to speak with you and get some input from you...Im not copying you at all ...it just seems to be the best parts to use...I had this entire setup figured by the guys at SPD and they were copying hte HKS evo7...Im not looking for a track car....I may not ever go to the track with it...I just like speed....LOTS of speed....My big issue with these cars is lack of availability of parts. Soon SPD will be in South Florida so I wil be one happy camper..
Old Aug 2, 2003, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq

The Co2 strayer is so much more effective than the h20 - its like comaring a fire work to a nuclear bomb - - - the only draw back like I said before is the short time the bottle lasts

I have seen 45 - 50 HP gains on my own car
You are talking about spraying something on the outside of the intercooler right? You really have data that shows 45-50 hp from that?

I don't see how that is possible, since water can transfer heat much faster than a gas. Also the water absorbs huge amounts of heat when it changes states.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by TearItUpSports

You are talking about spraying something on the outside of the intercooler right? You really have data that shows 45-50 hp from that?

I don't see how that is possible, since water can transfer heat much faster than a gas. Also the water absorbs huge amounts of heat when it changes states.
I think the way the co2 system works is that it is much quicker in cooling the metal. Don't think about Gas heat transfer, think about how quickly metal is going to cool when you spray something on it far below freezing (which water isn't going to do very effectively ).
The claimed HP increase of 45-50 seems a bit extreme, but then again the difference from having no intercooler to having one, or from spraying water on the IC or not spraying makes a difference. Cool air is a good thing.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

John,

You spoke with my partner Joe earlier today... and he told me he tried calling you back on the number you gave (to answer some questions you had about the FMIC), but when he called that number it said that the number was diconnected or something like that..

Call us back @ 866 RENNART or e-mail me ... I believe you wanted to know the shipping cost and how soon you could get the IC. If you send in the payment now, I think we can get the IC out already Monday or Tuesday, and if you wanted it overnighted, just add 30 dollars to the payment ("$795 shipped" is with ground shipping)...

Thanks!

/Emil

emil@renn-art.com

Last edited by RENN-ART; Aug 2, 2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Pesto 360 = i sent you emails and PM's in response to your previous post asking for help on the 3037s kit intsall - - I was trying to tell you that we already did an intsall on one - my car - we already had the gig to make the pipes for the downpipe and intercooler pipe and that Pruven could either sell you the pipes - OR - do the whole install for you

As for an intercooler - the AMS intercooler is a very good soultion - it fits with the stock a/c fan and the stock power steering cooler - its certainly much better than the stock one - for those on a budget - its a good idea

However - IF I lived in Florida - I would consider the Pruven intercooler as it is very HUGE - so huge it requires the optional a/c fan thin fan kit and the power steering cooler upgrade - which also would help in florida the Pruven intercooler is the biggest at 1050 cubic inches - over twice the capacity of the stock core and the Pruven set up uses the SPERCO core which is the best in the business

Finally - the 48-50 hp claim on the nos sprayer on the fmic is dyno proven and verifed by myself at great expense $40.00 per pass in nos!! I did 4 passes - all the same gain - again - with the pruven intercooler - not very practical for regular use - but its good for a grudge match against some buddy you want to kill !

Pesto - 360 - if your interetsed in any pruven products email or PM me your phone number and I will get you in tocuh with dan the owner - - - they are very hard to reach as they are a very - VERY - busy shop that mostly does custom fabrication and engine build ups - they dont have any staff that just answers the phone

However - for an easier way to purchase the Pruven product line - www.vividracing.com sells the entire range of Pruven parts

Finally - you should check out their cnc machine fuel pressure rail regulator and adaper kit - its a real work of art

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit