Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

which meth kit to get to hit my 500hp goal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008 | 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Let us know how it turns out. Recently a few people at TTP having been hitting 430whp with the stock turbo on a Mustang Dyno using a TTP Meth kit.
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

I have teh SMC and it supports 600hp..I remember seeing your vid and maybe its just the turbo?
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by staatz
I have teh SMC and it supports 600hp..I remember seeing your vid and maybe its just the turbo?
You cannot rate a meth kit or jetting size by a horsepower number. It depends on a number of factors including compressor, boost, efficiency of the turbo, VE of the motor and on and on.

A small stock turbo at 35psi needs more cooling and flow than a larger turbo in most cases as the larger turbo is more efficient at providing the same amount of boost at a COOLER temperature.
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll make a pitch too!

Labonte ftw!!! Over 600whp with the kit...

You can run multiple large nozzles to provide the proper pressure thanks to the big pump, numerical flow gauge, fail safe, anti-drip or anti-siphon solenoid, low level indicator... etc etc etc

Shoot me a pm if you'd like more info.

Cheers!
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:46 PM
Account Disabled

You have to be careful with methanol kits and invest in a company that will give you sound advice.

You never know when you might run across a company that would install an M12 and an M8 methanol nozzle on a stock turbo Evo and hydrolock the engine, in turn crushing the rod bearings and inducing rod knock.

Be careful who to trust with your $35,000 investment, because in the end the customer is left responsible for any engine damage that can occur from poor advice or installation of improper jetting.
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HugoEvoIXMR
Let us know how it turns out. Recently a few people at TTP having been hitting 430whp with the stock turbo on a Mustang Dyno using a TTP Meth kit.
This is great news to hear - however - IMHO it totally misses the point

ANY alcohol injection kit out there can aide you to make a LOT more power than you can without alcohol. How much additional power you can make is dependant upon how much alcohol you inject and how agressive your tune is.

Comparing one kit against another based upon how much power one tuner made on a particular car is a POOR way to comapre alcohol systems.

The wise customer should examine the features and functions of each kit and make a decision based upon which kit has the best combination of features to suit his intended use.

One point I would make on the subject is that I would NOT recomend ANY system which does not have a fail safe function. The consequences of a alcohol system failure are simply too costly to run a system that does not have a active fail safe protection.

Al
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 10:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

ANY alcohol injection kit out there can aide you to make a LOT more power than you can without alcohol. How much additional power you can make is dependant upon how much alcohol you inject and how agressive your tune is.

Comparing one kit against another based upon how much power one tuner made on a particular car is a POOR way to comapre alcohol systems.

The wise customer should examine the features and functions of each kit and make a decision based upon which kit has the best combination of features to suit his intended use.

One point I would make on the subject is that I would NOT recomend ANY system which does not have a fail safe function. The consequences of a alcohol system failure are simply too costly to run a system that does not have a active fail safe protection.

Al
We concur. Very responsible post Alfried.
Old Jul 1, 2008 | 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

The wise customer should examine the features and functions of each kit and make a decision based upon which kit has the best combination of features
Al
Few years back you advocate using SMC kit, are you/will you still recommend this brand?
Old Jul 2, 2008 | 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

my aquamist didnt come with a failsafe other than the gage. i was kinda disaponted when they said it had one.
Old Jul 13, 2008 | 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

No one has mentioned coolingmist. Are these kits ok?