Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Wiseco's for 2.4/evo hybrid swap?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which Wiseco's for 2.4/evo hybrid swap?

Which Wiseco or any other brand pistons are people using for the 2.4/ evo head hybrid swap.

Last edited by Xska555; Jul 27, 2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: simplfied my question because i even confused myself with it
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:30 PM

decided to revive my thread since i never really got an answer
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have been pointed in the wrong direction. Hardly any of what you said made much sense. If you are going for a 4G64 Block swap with Evo Head Wiseco makes pistons for that swap i personally have ran them. The offset of the wrist pin is a good thing in every case. What it does is keep the rod from being completely verticle at the top of the stroke. This is great since it takes less pressure to start the down stroke.

If you are trying to use a 4G63 block then you just need to get the 100mm crankshaft out of a 4G64 and get some pistons in the size of your choice. Personally i wouldn't go much over .40 over to leave room for future happenings.

BTW if you go with the 4G64 Block go with one out of a 2000 Galant. It will be a 7 bolt "same as EVO" and the engine is still the same direction.

Also call Wiseco and talk to Brian Nutter he will help you with whatever you need.

Chris
Old Jul 27, 2008, 06:06 PM

lol yea reading my own post confused me but ive learned alot more since then. i actually scored a set of custom spec pistons since then but im still want to know for the future which pistons to order incase something ever went wrong with motor.

im actually running a 4g64 block and crank from a 2000 Galant with the evo head but since you did the same swap with the same pistons did you have put them in backwards so that the wristpin offset was rotating in the right direction?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xska555
lol yea reading my own post confused me but ive learned alot more since then. i actually scored a set of custom spec pistons since then but im still want to know for the future which pistons to order incase something ever went wrong with motor.

im actually running a 4g64 block and crank from a 2000 Galant with the evo head but since you did the same swap with the same pistons did you have put them in backwards so that the wristpin offset was rotating in the right direction?
No you dont have to put the pistons in backwards. You will need a custom headgasket for the bore size which limits you to Cometic unless you want to spend some extra cash i believe Power Enterprises makes one also. Besides that you will need a adaptor plate for the water pump. Dont let that scare you its actually very easy and just a piece of aluminum to allow the evo water pump fit onto the 64 block. Then you just needs a 64 water pump gasket on the motor side of the water pump and a 63 water pump gasket on the water pump side with the adapter in the middle. I think i might have one laying around if you need some pictures or are interested in buying it.

EDIT: BTW the 2000 Galant's 4G64 engine was installed the same way as the EVO engine. This is why you dont have to swap pistons around. Now if you were going to try and run a 6 bolt 64 block you might run into some of those problems. But with the setup you are talking about you will be okay

Chris

Last edited by 2k4EvoVIII; Jul 27, 2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Wiseco and JE make pistons for this application.

JE has them off the shelf here:

http://www.jepistons.com/cat/je/spor.../4g64_22.shtml
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I had a 2.4 in my gsx, and which had Wisecos in 2 of my dsms and knowing what I know now, I would personally run the JE or something else than Wiseco. I had a prob with one set and the others in my 2.4 were fine as far as I know. The car is still running...I think Nothing against Wiseco, personally, just my preference now. I wouldnt build another motor w/ them though.