Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1081whp 41psi best so far. More to come next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ifarted2
Will you fly out and give me a adjustment Shoot with the whole Team Quest crew you could make a living
Thxs for the props guys!
I surely will come hook a brother up!! Get that on a trailer and come race on May 10th out here in Indy. I got the gas!! O'Reilly Raceway Park is supposed to be the fastest/best track in the country. Keep up the great work, and if you met your deductable this year, I am on a plane to crack you guys!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xcelr8
Sounds like your going to need a dogbox trans to keep that spooling at the track. amazing power!

We haven't done much tuning with the power down low yet. I feel playing with the cam gears and some tuning and a few other things we can get her to spool 500-1000rpms sooner. I'm going to be revving this motor to 10,500rpms i know its built to go 11,000rpms. On the dyno this turbo shoots for the moon lol 9500rpms the 42r would start dropping hard this thing keeps going
Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I surely will come hook a brother up!! Get that on a trailer and come race on May 10th out here in Indy. I got the gas!! O'Reilly Raceway Park is supposed to be the fastest/best track in the country. Keep up the great work, and if you met your deductable this year, I am on a plane to crack you guys!
I'm going to be selling my open trailer and buy a enclosed trailer. We are going to head to the Shoot-out later this year than go south towards Florida if things work out Should be a blast to meet everyone
Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

We haven't done much tuning with the power down low yet. I feel playing with the cam gears and some tuning and a few other things we can get her to spool 500-1000rpms sooner. I'm going to be revving this motor to 10,500rpms i know its built to go 11,000rpms. On the dyno this turbo shoots for the moon lol 9500rpms the 42r would start dropping hard this thing keeps going
That is just sick... Congrats on another step towards your goal. I am envious, I can't wait to get mine on the dyno next month! I think I will end up having a ignition limitation like we discussed
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah ive been reading about it we just know VP Import. Ill start asking the tuners on how it tunes out compared to VP

I made a thread about that fuel a month ago to see if anyone in the evo world is using it.. didn't get much fo a response.

In your case this fuel wouldn't help you much since your IAT are already low and thats what the fuel is geared for.. Would be a waste for you since it uses more fuel than your current race fuel right now.

Here is the thread for more info if your curious.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=324204
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bioxide02
I made a thread about that fuel a month ago to see if anyone in the evo world is using it.. didn't get much fo a response.

In your case this fuel wouldn't help you much since your IAT are already low and thats what the fuel is geared for.. Would be a waste for you since it uses more fuel than your current race fuel right now.

Here is the thread for more info if your curious.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=324204
Our knock tables looked good so far as you saw at the dyno. Man i would hate to play with a new fuel at this level
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, your current fuel is FINE.. leave that part alone!

Can't wait to see what happens on the next trip to the dyno, should be great results!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

very nice, but why run your motor on the edge with adjustable cam gears when you have a AEM?

your motor is going to make a lot more vibration than a typical 500-700hp motor so watch those adjustable bolts on those cam gears....just a heads up and forewarning.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

when are you coming down to florida?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
the v8 guys dont run near the boost we run.. IMO import is still superior for our cars but we cant run it in my class anyway so i am SOL..
Last I remember our new setup makes 35+ boost from a 114 mm Precision turbo and Lynch is making in excess of 40lbs. from 2 Garret 91mm turbos how else do you think he is making 3400+ HP from a small ford v8 I love how everyone just assumes us V8 guys run such low boost, If you look at all these big compressors we run they don't hit their sweet spot till you get to 20+ and usually 28+ for boost. The only v8 guys that run low boost are the street guys making jack for power.

Last edited by CandCPerformanc; Mar 30, 2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
Last I remember our new setup makes 35+ boost from a 114 mm Precision turbo and Lynch is making in excess of 40lbs. from 2 Garret 91mm turbos how else do you think he is making 3400+ HP from a small ford v8 I love how everyone just assumes us V8 guys run such low boost, If you look at all these big compressors we run they don't hit their sweet spot till you get to 20+ and usually 28+ for boost. The only v8 guys that run low boost are the street guys making jack for power.
VP Q16 has it's place but I'm having a hard time understanding your rationale as it pertains to this situation. Aside from the cost benefit, are you actually trying to suggest that VP released a fuel that works better for knock suppression in a small displacement engine and costs half the price as another fuel they already produce? Just on octane points alone, Q16 is 7 points lower than Import. What kind of business move would that be?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Shooting for wed or thurs for the next dyno session Going to do some 4th gear dyno pulls to help with dialing her in for the track. Also going to play with the Exhaust cam gear and see if we can get her to spool quicker
Old Mar 30, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

That's amazing. Everyone is watching you on this.

Last edited by LT1runner; Mar 30, 2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Paul what are you looking to get for your trailer?

Quick Reply: 1081whp 41psi best so far. More to come next week