Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1081whp 41psi best so far. More to come next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
VP Q16 has it's place but I'm having a hard time understanding your rationale as it pertains to this situation. Aside from the cost benefit, are you actually trying to suggest that VP released a fuel that works better for knock suppression in a small displacement engine and costs half the price as another fuel they already produce? Just on octane points alone, Q16 is 7 points lower than Import. What kind of business move would that be?
well said.

excited for each update paul. gj!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ifarted2
I'm going to be selling my open trailer and buy a enclosed trailer. We are going to head to the Shoot-out later this year than go south towards Florida if things work out Should be a blast to meet everyone
Nice power Paul.

You should also hit up some local races. You should come to some of the HeadsUpNW races and see if you can take me out in a little heads up racing. It is amazing that we still havent lined up at the track...

Once this rain stops you need to quit being a dyno queen and get to the track
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

when VP designed the Q16 they intended on it being used for this very use it was designed to help against knock and make more power then previous fuels, read the link I posted before and or get this months DSport Mag they have a write up on it. What I need is someone to explain whysome people on here seem to think they are special or have some sort of special engine, and engine is an engine (very big pump) HP is relative you say that you need special help to prevent knock. None of this is true, Tim Lynch may have a V8 but it is just under 6litres and ha make 3600+ HP from that engine so if you break it down he is somewhere arround Pauls power per litre if you can recognize that. when we get into the same power range to litre as Paul has reached we all have the very same issues with our engines, he uses 1 set of 4 150lb injectors we have 2 sets of 8 170lb injectors, thats how much fuel we need to try to avoid knock. Sio why not take and gather info from every aspect of racing and try to learn from everyone instaead of trying to say you need special fuel and or parts and learn from everyone.

By the way Congrats Paul on you lil monster and I can't wait to see that thing make the 1200hp that you should be able to make and be the King.

Last edited by CandCPerformanc; Mar 30, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brobards
Nice power Paul.

You should also hit up some local races. You should come to some of the HeadsUpNW races and see if you can take me out in a little heads up racing. It is amazing that we still havent lined up at the track...

Once this rain stops you need to quit being a dyno queen and get to the track
I plan on it Brian working on making the car consistent. I really think your Supra doesn't stand a chance against me
You don't want what happen last time when you tried to catch me on the dyno

Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:32 PM

Congrats Paul, The car is looking GREAT.

I really look forward to seeing you run !!! Keep in mind the first HeadsupNW race is April 12th, you should come.

Im on vacation this week, if you guy dyno again let me know, maybe I can come check it out.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh noes Paul...you stirrin up trouble with the Supra guys. I hear they roll pretty tight together
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
well said.

excited for each update paul. gj!
By the way I build Honda,Subaru,DSM, and Nissan along with the domestic cars so its not like I would share any random imput unless it might help Paul, I want to see him do as well as he possably can. By the way when you gonna have time to do the Intake testing so I can get cssaddictm4's intake back Paul?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
By the way I build Honda,Subaru,DSM, and Nissan along with the domestic cars so its not like I would share any random imput unless it might help Paul, I want to see him do as well as he possably can. By the way when you gonna have time to do the Intake testing so I can get cssaddictm4's intake back Paul?
Yes. ETS is framing up the dyno right now. They have the dyno itself in just no walls up. My dyno this time alone cost me $500 for the 1081whp tune. Now imagine doing 12 manifolds which would take 1 week. ETS wont charge me for the use of there dyno. Which i would estimate would be around $3000 if it where somewhere else. I am paying for the gas and of course my time to test the manifolds.
If you need the manifold back just let me know and i will get it back to you English Racing has been working on my car 2 weeks straight and has about 1 week fulltime to finish all the lose ends
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I don't need it yet I was just poking at the Dyno not being done yet. By the way Paul I am serious about the Q16 Lynch has picked up 7mph to date with it over the C16 and 4 mph over the Import. Thats a pretty good jump seeing he allready was running close to the 230mph mark all the time.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
I don't need it yet I was just poking at the Dyno not being done yet. By the way Paul I am serious about the Q16 Lynch has picked up 7mph to date with it over the C16 and 4 mph over the Import. Thats a pretty good jump seeing he allready was running close to the 230mph mark all the time.
Lol my dream car would be a Hemi Cuda Twin Turbo
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:40 PM

I plan on it Brian working on making the car consistent. I really think your Supra doesn't stand a chance against me
You don't want what happen last time when you tried to catch me on the dyno
Well it would be interested to run you heads up. All your runs I have seen have been with SLOW reaction times

It would be fun to line up, we really wont know who would win until we race. I will be spotting you about 50HP and a couple hundred pounds though, so you should be faster.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brobards
Well it would be interested to run you heads up. All your runs I have seen have been with SLOW reaction times

It would be fun to line up, we really wont know who would win until we race. I will be spotting you about 50HP and a couple hundred pounds though, so you should be faster.
And on that note, Let the bench racing begin!!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Lol my dream car would be a Hemi Cuda Twin Turbo

Now we are talking....

Doc
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

one reason i feel is the really cold intake temps is why we are making so much power with such low boost. 55 deg is huge. We will be back wed or Thursday on the dyno and i will have all our AEM logs on with TQ#s and Full HP#s. also will use the optical pickup which is more accurate than the wire pickup.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
And on that note, Let the bench racing begin!!
Dont really see how that was bench racing, just stating the facts and making a comment.

Kinda like I cant wait for BOTI to see the Red Supra line up against you with a 12mm smaller turbo and 200 more pounds than what we did last year. Maybe this time you can get within a second of us

Quick Reply: 1081whp 41psi best so far. More to come next week