Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad clutch maybe?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad clutch maybe?

Hello everyone

I'm new to the board, and a new Evo owner.

I bought my evo used, from the dealership.

It's a 2006 Evo MR, fully stock, it had 11,800 miles on it.

From day 1, it felt like the clutch on it was pretty crappy. I think the previous driver wasn't all that nice to it .

I have about 23,000 miles on the car now, and from what I can tell, it's starting to slip.

My question is this, what is a good clutch you all recommend, that won't cost an arm and a leg? And who is a good installer in the San Jose, CA area?

I may also be in the market of a tuning and flash as well.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

a clutch is a must even on a stocker
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by dsmjeffro
a clutch is a must even on a stocker
Yeah, I knew that going in. The stock clutch isn't that fantastic.

Is there a clutch you recommend?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before you go out and pick a clutch just like everything........please try to decide what the overall mods will be if any and what the intended use of the car is.

Lots of clutches to choose from i have an ACT clutch in mine w/ under 500 miles on it that will most likely be swapped for a twin disc of some sort.

If you are planning on going to SJ you may want to consider traveling another 20mins to Union City where the guys at Full Function are.

They are my "go-to" guys when it comes to anything DSM/EVO related as they have lots of experience when it comes to these cars.

www.fftec.com

Best of luck with the decison and if you are interested in a slighty used clutch mine may be for sale soon. (ACT PP and Street disc)

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Apr 2, 2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Before you go out and pick a clutch just like everything........please try to decide what the overall mods will be if any and what the intended use of the car is.

Lots of clutches to choose from i have an ACT clutch in mine w/ under 500 miles on it that will most likely be swapped for a twin disc of some sort.

If you are planning on going to SJ you may want to consider traveling another 20mins to Union City where the guys at Full Function are.

They are mu "go-to" guys when it comes to anything DSM/EVO related as they ahve lots of experience when it comes to these cars.

www.fftec.com

Best of luck with the decison and if you are interested in a slighty used clutch mine may be for sale soon. (ACT PP and Street disc)

Thanks for the info, yeah, Union City is not that far from me.

I do not plan on going to stir crazy with mods, possible future mods for me are mostly a flash, tune, exhaust, and intake... cams are an option too. I may decide to just keep the car fully stock for the most part though, except for the flash and tune, because it is my daily commuter, and I drive 100 miles a day, so I don't want my gas mileage going down the tubes .

I just want a good, strong, clutch. One that I can be a little rough with and not worry that it's going to torch it.