Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin Scroll kits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
As has been posted, we are offering twin scroll kits in both T3 and T4 configurations. Add just $500 to any of our Equal Length kits and we'll build your kit with a twin scroll manifold for a divided turbine housing turbocharger of your choice and include the extra wastegate and dump tube There have been a few of these kits sold just by special request so we've decided to offer them as an option

Tom
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm assuming that's around $4490? For an HTA 35R with a Twin Scroll Equal Length Manifold?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Ets Ftw

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Import Junky
I'm assuming that's around $4490? For an HTA 35R with a Twin Scroll Equal Length Manifold?
Yes sir!

Tom
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
As has been posted, we are offering twin scroll kits in both T3 and T4 configurations. Add just $500 to any of our Equal Length kits and we'll build your kit with a twin scroll manifold for a divided turbine housing turbocharger of your choice and include the extra wastegate and dump tube There have been a few of these kits sold just by special request so we've decided to offer them as an option

Tom
Any dyno sheets?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to look into all of your options also. I am pretty sure Nick at DTM has completed his TS setup and it is completely AWESOME! I was there from Newport News and saw one of his setups on a car that was on the dyno and it put down some incredible numbers and spooled very early. you would have to PM him to get specific numbers but I am saving for this kit on my car! And I am picky as hell when it comes to parts and my Evo! I told Nick that I was incredibly OCD when it comes to parts and tuning and such for my car and he took me on a little tour of his shop and then told me "I think you've met your match!" LOL

Josh
Old Apr 18, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

^lol that is so funny, because I pretty much told Nick the same thing.

OCD FTW!

I have a 2.3 getting a DTM TS, only way to fly.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CA$H
I was looking to do a 35R or 30R Twin Scroll with HTA treatment, Twin Scroll Header with 1 44mm wastegate, o2 and downpipe.

DTM and Shearer~ want to shoot me a price on each thing just in case If I piece it together? Because if Full Race is my only option then the twin scroll is just not for me....
I went to both of your websites and didn't see any TS stuff.
You will want/need two wastegates, unless you are made of money no need to run a tial 44 on both ends.

Scorke
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:22 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scorke
You will want/need two wastegates, unless you are made of money no need to run a tial 44 on both ends.

Scorke
Scorke, You do not need twin wastegates.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
+1

To the OP I believe you're on the west coast but MorganPerformance Fabrication (sn drifto on here) has done a few TS turbo kits on Evo's. He does killer work, mpfab.com.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
Have you tried running two vs running one?

Scorke
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mac_05evo
+1

To the OP I believe you're on the west coast but MorganPerformance Fabrication (sn drifto on here) has done a few TS turbo kits on Evo's. He does killer work, mpfab.com.
Walker does great stuff. He went to great lengths to keep the pulses seperated leading up to the wastegate, in order to do a TS kit OPTIMALLY you need two wastegates, you can get around it by some creative work in the manifold and or wastegate runners( walker put a divider seperating the pulses from both sets of runners all the way UP to the Tial I believe) however it is best to keep them completely separate.

Scorke
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifto
It wouldn't be a true divided housing if I let the paired pulses mingle before the wastgate releases. It would defeat the purpose of keeping everything separate, and like Ted said 44mm aren't cheap

Fwiw....

DTMNick what are you doing to keep the pulses seperate?

Scorke
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:46 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Have you tried running two vs running one?

Scorke
Yes, I have tried, fabricated and tested both. Absolutely not ONE difference in overall power, midrange response, tip in, low end torque, egts, nothing.
I have seen a solid 10psi across the board on an 8 psi spring, single gate, twin scroll mani with 2" runners, 3" down pipe and 42 R "style" Garret turbo.

Fwiw....

DTMNick what are you doing to keep the pulses seperate?

Scorke
One gate with a y collector coming from runners 1&3. The pulses need to stay "separate" until 1.5 inches to the merge point of the gate.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Interesting.

Why do the pulses not need to remain separate until they are expelled?

Don't you think it would be difficult to see if there was an advantage to running two wastegates up top at only 10 psi?

If there was a scenario where two wastgate runners were superior to having one merged where would you see it in restrictions in venting exhaust at very high rpm/boost levels or down low for spool up, keeping the exhaust pulses from mixing?

Thanks for your response Nick !

I am just shocked by those results. Most every "big name" divided t4 turbokit runs two wastegates, I am going to assume this is merely for the ability to run low boost with a huge turbo?

Scorke

Scorke

Quick Reply: Twin Scroll kits