Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally its here Buschur hta 3076. 82 turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lets see what happens in the next couple days.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

IMO since you're planning to do an engine rebuild (as you stated prevously BR shortblock and BR head) and go with the AEM; you should have just saved your money and bought all the parts at once and have them installed and tuned accordingly.

I guess the HTA delay put everything off schedule.

At this point just save up for the AEM.

It'd save you the cost of having the car flashed with the new turbo setup and eventually having to install the AEM and re-tune.

But having that shiny turbo kit uninstalled would drive me crazy too.

There's a guy over in Ohio who I've heard is pretty good at tuning AEM's .

I'm saving my pennies for another trip to Ohio.

Good luck .
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

i will go aem over the winter along with my buschur motor
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NyC DrifteR
i will go aem over the winter along with my buschur motor
Nice .
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on the new turbo kit. Let us know your first impressions of it
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

i called over @ ivey monday and he never got back to me guy's.so im looking elsewhere.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure he is swamped! Nobody want to turn down money. Just keep calling
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CA$H
I'm sure he is swamped! Nobody want to turn down money. Just keep calling
i call u once.u dont call me back well thats on u.
but i hear what ya sayin.
time is not on my side i was jerked off by 2 major companies..which delayed things and used up my room for error time.so now im pressed for time.next wk racing season starts for me so thats why i was trying to get this done by this weekend tuesday of next wk at the latest

Last edited by HaVoC RR; Apr 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

i call u once.u dont call me back well thats on u.
but i hear what ya sayin.
I agree thats one of my pet peeves, when you call a vendor to do business and he doesn't call you back.

Ivey is a true class act and always tried to help out the customer, sometimes the wait it worth it.

(For those wondering I don't have an iveyflash )
Old Apr 10, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

it would be nice to have sean tune it. let's see what happen's i know he's crazy busy im just not a pest to keep bothering someone.
i will get it done.

Last edited by HaVoC RR; Apr 10, 2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

If he ever needs to pass emissions, the stock ECU will be needed. So he might as well get it tuned for his current set up.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
Account Disabled

Update: sat install might be put off.i cant find anyone to tune me i called 3 tuners since yesterday and nonody called me back. so im just going to have to wait.i wondering if they cant or wont tune me since im asking for a road race tune. go figure..oh well sorry guys hopefully somebody will call me if not its going to be put off till the late summerdue to my sched .and just BLOW'S
Just from my perspective - for what its worth

You have been calling me for many weeks / months asking about your set up and asking many questions - all of which I answered to the best of my ability and spend a lot of my time trying to help you - even on late evenings and weekend family time - no problem

I recently assured you that I would be very willing to tune your car on Sunday if needed or at late evening hours to accomidate your busy schedule

Yesterday when you called, I was busy trying to tune some customer cars which had some minor mechanical isssues which I had to diagnose while the customer's were waiting, they were from out of town. So I was not able to immeiately return your call. Often in the spring I am busy, often working 14 hour days and it may take me a day to find the time to return a phone call. I ask that people have patience. We also have a full support staff - Ryan@dynoflash on this board for example who is available 100% just to answer tech questions and give customer service.

It is situations like these which in the long run make people like myself feel jaded about trying to help POTENTIAL customers with detailed tech assistance, particularly where they are not buying any of the parts from my garage. Once you spend a few multi call tech advice sessions giving advice to customers about parts they are buying elsewhere it starts to grow old. Often, I ask myself if this customer can't get tech support from whom ever they are buying from then why are they buying it from them? Often the answer is that they buy from some internet el cheapo place that knows little about actual tuning so the customer has to call guys like me to get straight answers.

At the end of the day I try and limit my tech support to people who are actually getting or have a tune from me or to people who buy some parts from me.

It does not leave a good taste in my mouth to hear that after I spent all that time giving you free advice and offering to help you in any way possible, basically you had intended to use the services of other tuners and only called me to get a tune after the other guy Sean basically did not want to call you back for what ever reason.

Al
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

haha..now that made my day al u are funny. BRO

First off i have been speaking to ivey before i even bought a evo.and he schooled me on a few things and when i bought the evo he would be my tuner.

yes i did call u. and also explained how the aqua mist works and u took the time to speak to me on a sunday afternoon.THANKS and we did speak about your services..my $$ is green i can spend anywhere i choose.

i called ivey's spoke to a employee and i was told for the time i needed sat was a no go and monday also i just couldnt make there appt time.i left off with him to have sean call me back.he didint so i fighured he couldnt get me in . not because he didnt want to

i called u also because i need a tune because ivey didnt call me back and im not a pest to keep calling someone.u didnt call me back granted your busy. i was just getting nervous because i leave to go racing next wk and have a lot to get together and i wanted to lock a appt in before the weekend came thats all. and when we did speak all u wanted to do is speak over me also when it was mentioned to u that somebody was going to be in town they and they OFFERED there services to me while he was going to be around.so stop acting like a lil mary about this ok.

Last edited by HaVoC RR; Apr 10, 2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

First off i have been speaking to ivey before i even bought a evo.and he schooled me on a few things and when i bought the evo he would be my tuner.

yes i did call u. and also explained how the aqua mist works and u took the time to speak to me on a sunday afternoon.THANKS and we did speak about your services..my $$ is green i can spend anywhere i choose.

i called ivey's spoke to a employee and i was told for the time i needed sat was a no go and monday also i just couldnt make there appt time.i left off with him to have sean call me back.he didint so i fighured he couldnt get me in . not because he didnt want to

i called u also because i need a tune because ivey didnt call me back and im not a pest to keep calling someone.u didnt call me back granted your busy. i was just getting nervous because i leave to go racing next wk and have a lot to get together and i wanted to lock a appt in before the weekend came thats all. and when we did speak all u wanted to do is speak over me also when it was mentioned to u that somebody was going to be in town they and they OFFERED there services to me while he was going to be around.so stop acting like a lil mary about this ok.
Best of luck !
Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

I understand your position on deadlines, as I am in one as well this week, but I also have been taught " don't burn bridges". You never know when you need someone's assistance down the road. I am currently not getting tuned by Al or Ivey, but they have both proved themselves to be more than helpful at getting a positive outcome for the customer time and time again.
At the end of the day you need to get tuned asap, I would continue to call whomever you want to tune the car. These guys are rediculously busy in the spring so you sometimes need to be persistant.
Good luck with your build.

Quick Reply: Finally its here Buschur hta 3076. 82 turbo kit