Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Forge Spring Kit today - Any advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Forge Spring Kit today - Any advice

I bought my evo and the spring in the forge diverter valve was a little weak and has been releasing boost anywhere above around 10psi. I am recieving my spring tuning kit today and i get the basics. I just wanted to come here to ask for any advice or knowledge of experience with replacing these kits.

If anyone could give me a step by step on how to install it i would appreciate it. This will be my first work on this Evo by myself.

As far as i know its 1. remove the vacuum hose 2. screw the top off the diverter valve 3. replace spring 4. screw cover back on and replace vacuum hose. aside from that, i know to just take a few runs with the car and see how the spring works, if its too weak add a shim and test again and if its too strong move down a spring and add shims.

any help?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds like you have it covered. How much boost you are running will determine which spring you should be using.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i recieved the kit today and replaced the springs. Im not very experienced with diverter valves but the sound to me does not sound right.. It seems to sputter when i shift/left off gas. from my understanding i should be hearing a constant and unwavering sound right? instead of a constant steady woosshh, it flutters. the boost guage WOT was reaching peak boost and backing off, is this normal?

any help?

Last edited by mac11wildcat; Apr 11, 2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: correction