Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

553 whp, 93 octane, just another day at the office.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats awesome!
Sweet curve
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPIN2GST
Amazing your Evo put down more power on pumpgas than your Sti ever did on race gas.

It did make more torque though!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crcain
Cool stuff.

Will any Evo shop in the USA step up and create a pump gas car that can touch these Buschur cars? It's mind boggling domination. No shop in the USA is anywhere close. How can this be happening? I predict within 2 months max we will see a shop start putting out more competitive customer cars running 93.
BR has been in the 4g63 game longer than anyone here i am pretty sure.. its called experience.. I wont even attempt to push our customer cars past ~450 on pump cause its my rep on the line.. Dave has a combination and it works!!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome numbers!! I am tempted more and more every day to get an AEM ems so Dave will tune my car.......
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
BR has been in the 4g63 game longer than anyone here i am pretty sure.. its called experience.. I wont even attempt to push our customer cars past ~450 on pump cause its my rep on the line.. Dave has a combination and it works!!
So you intentionally leave all sorts of power on the table? Wouldn't the natural thing be to tune to det and then leave a good safety margin? I'm not for once moment insinuating you don't know what you are doing. I'm just curious how these things work.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Now thats a power curve
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Dave has a combination and it works!!

Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, Just another day at the office huh? Nice work
unbelievable that these pump gas cars just keep making this amount of power
SloRice, any plans on getting it to the track soon?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:18 PM

How much would some thing like this cost me? Feel free to pm me thanks

BR 2 liter with Crowers/JE
BR Stage 3 head
BF272 cams
BR ported stock intake
BR 65 mm throttle body
BR double pumper
FIC 1200 cc injectors
BR Race FMIC
BR tubular header turbo kit with HTA35r
BR COP ignition (yes, the one that works)
AEM EMS
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice work David, would like to see that combo someday done with a 2.3 to see what would happen to the pump numbers.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
How much would some thing like this cost me? Feel free to pm me thanks
Not cheap, but well worth every penny if you ask me. WOW......
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

So you intentionally leave all sorts of power on the table? Wouldn't the natural thing be to tune to det and then leave a good safety margin? I'm not for once moment insinuating you don't know what you are doing. I'm just curious how these things work.

Look how these cars come from the factory with the pea shooter turbo on them ~23psi or so with tons of room left on the table via tuning.

Now add a more efficient turbo and i/c which will drop intake temps tremendously compared to a stockish turbo being strung out to the edge. With this in mind adding some extra boost to the equation, in this case 6 or 7 psi to reach the 29 psi mark via the dyno graph is not that huge of a stretch.

In the end the combo of all the parts together is what makes it or breaks it for overall numbers and a very good dyno curve like this car has. Alot of people can try and put ~30psi to a 35r car on pumpgas and tune it to live, ie not detonate, but will the numbers be the same in the end?

When it comes to pump gas many leave a safety margin there just for the very reason you don't know what you are going to get as far as effective octane on your next fill up. This is where experience comes into play, especially with the AEM EMS and it's knock control, as it just reads noise and you the tuner must deterimine what is just noise vs. what is actual detonation.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor

well said
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kcevo
When it comes to pump gas many leave a safety margin there just for the very reason you don't know what you are going to get as far as effective octane on your next fill up. This is where experience comes into play, especially with the AEM EMS and it's knock control, as it just reads noise and you the tuner must deterimine what is just noise vs. what is actual detonation.
Totally agree with the above. But I'd rather take my chances that Shell 93 would be Shell 93 and have 600 on pump then 450. For people out there so nutz to first spend over 25k on their 30k car. And then also knowing one bad launch and they might have 3k bill for transfer case or something like that. It just seems to me playing it safe on a $25k build is odd.

If I spend that much money, I better not have a Evo Green keeping up with me!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Its just the way we choose to tune pump gas cars.. Im not one for pushing pump gas to the limit.. Every customer we have tuned was very happy with 450-475whp on pump and then on c-16 ill push it wherever i feel it to be safe.. Its just the way we choose to tune cars.. BR has been int he game for many years and has alot more experience in tuning pump gas evo's..

Quick Reply: 553 whp, 93 octane, just another day at the office.