Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The quest for for the pump gas record

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DTM
This thread was not started so that everyone can get riled up and run for the hills, call BS or anything of the like. But I guess because some lil' ole shop in "Virginer" had some results to post, they are untrustworthy because the location is not in Ohio.
The original purpose of the thread was to add VALIDITY to DB's past results!! Thanks for taking that and tuning into a dyno pissing match. I guess the gloves .
There is no ranting from me Nick

If you wanted a less heated debate than I would not have selected a thread title trying to claim a "record." Just my suggestion, not that I want to tell you what to write.

I really can't get too excited about 600 whp dyno pulls at this point in the game but when people start talk about breaking records or claiming records it usually gets my attention.

Al
Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about anyone else, but Im certainly tired of hearing "it wasn't dyno numbers from buschurs dyno so it means nothing..."

The OP made big numbers on pump gas and for plain numbers it is a record. You can say all you want about how people manipulate the dyno settings and whatnot, but I don't believe this is not the case. Should everytime Dave has a car make big power on his dyno should people question whether or not he changed the settings?, NO. So why does it ALWAYS have to get brought up in the dyno record threads that the settings could have been changed? Some peoples heads have grown way too big from all the blind sackriders.

On-topic: Congrats guys for making the big power on pump gas, Im always impressed by the numbers that these evos can produce. Keep it up.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, great numbers!

I love power without paying $10+ a gallon
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
There is no ranting from me Nick

If you wanted a less heated debate than I would not have selected a thread title trying to claim a "record." Just my suggestion, not that I want to tell you what to write.
To be fair they never said anything about claiming a record in the title. The quest for the pump gas record.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Great Job guys.. Really looking forward to hearing how progress goes on this....
Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

I think DB should consider a pump gas quick 8 at the shootout. I'm sure by then there should be more shops in the hunt for top spot on pump gas. Just would have to figure a way to get everybody drained and refueled with 93 octane.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:40 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Al,
There was never any claim made that ANY record was broken. The thread was to chronicle our attempt to get there.
If anything we tied the first set by dave, but that isn't even conclusive, because of date, dyno and weather condition. Either way, the car made some great numbers, we are pleased, the customer is pleased and most importantly she hasn't come close to finishing.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

If you want a great tuning tool the Mustang Dyno is the best there is IMHO. However, the numbers it spits out are only as realiable as the word of the operator and most Mustang dynos have been modified to read more like dyno jets in my experience. Buschur's is the only one I trust.

Al
something to consider: just a month or two ago, there was quite a bit of stir going on with intake manifold testing. step back and look at the issues as a whole and the handful of threads that came from that. buschur revealed a lot about his character during that exchange and might be some good backstory to help people determine what to think of when someone comes on and says "in buschur we trust."
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
something to consider: just a month or two ago, there was quite a bit of stir going on with intake manifold testing. step back and look at the issues as a whole and the handful of threads that came from that. buschur revealed a lot about his character during that exchange and might be some good backstory to help people determine what to think of when someone comes on and says "in buschur we trust."
Its kind of ironic to be reading all of this. I like to judge a person's character by thier track record and past history. Buschur Racing has been around for well over a decade with thousands of satisfied customers and dozens of long term business relationships with other dealers and suppliers for many years.

I have nothing else to add on this matter as I believe when you dont have anything good to say just keep your mouth shut and thats what I am going to do about the rest of this. Have fun !
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DTM
Al,
There was never any claim made that ANY record was broken. The thread was to chronicle our attempt to get there.
If anything we tied the first set by dave, but that isn't even conclusive, because of date, dyno and weather condition. Either way, the car made some great numbers, we are pleased, the customer is pleased and most importantly she hasn't come close to finishing.
Best of luck, I am done in this thread.

Enjoy
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

I knew about the roll weight manipulation and have seen people do it to change he HP drastically.

Sean

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The current pump gas record is 788 whp, Al's on a Dynojet.

Peter's car made 58- on our dyno (can't remember exactly).

The Mustang Dyno has a TON of parameters that can be changed to read higher HP numbers. Nick pointed these out to me when he first had the dyno and we spoke about them. His settings were different than mine at the time. Please don't tell these guys there are no "correction factors" on a Mustand Dyno.

Nice curve, power looks good. If we are comparing Mustang Dyno numbers though it is going to have to be done on the same dyno for someone to claim THE record. Too many ways to manipulate the dyno. Ours is set up exactly how Mustand Dyno set it up, no changes to any settings what-so-ever. I've also had the head tech out here to go back over the calibrations to make sure nothing has changed over the years and thousands of dyno runs.

As a side note, I am not actually accusing anyone of anything. I am simply stating Mustang Dyno's are easily manipulated and unless the runs are on the same machine.......................
Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Bye Al!

Sean,
Yup Ive seen it too, funny the irony...
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, sometimes I really think this site should be called Evolutionb*tch.net. Everytime I hop in this section it seems as if one shop is attacking another on some type of record, etc. I believe Nick, Dave, and Al are all exceptional well crafted tuners. However, instead of working against each other..which I feel seems to go on a lot, why not work with each other? I think the EvoM community would be very pleased to see that, just my 2 cents..
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTM
Funny how from DEC. 03 your numbers kept getting higher and higher. Claiming you reinvented the wheel with your masterous tuning learning curve and bullet proof engines. Its a sham. Has always been. EVERYONE knows it. But the industry stays quiet because they don't want to go against you.
The only part of that huge post i can definitely disagree with 1st hand is that his Bulletproof engines are no sham.. They are exactly as stated!! Of course nobody is perfect but his engine building reputation is nothing short of amazing.. his engines are in some of the fastest evo's which to me means more than any dyno # anyway.. The track #'s dont lie..
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

wow anyway congrats joe on the powa and learn how to control that jet i mean evo thing ,nick nice one it does not suprize me at all that you made joe's car a beast anyway best of luck on breakin the record

Quick Reply: The quest for for the pump gas record