Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Magnus intake manifold.... good bad?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dsycks,

You know, you typed about 8 sentences in 2 posts response to my question, yet the question was not answered. Do you have any intention of answering the question? Or are you just here to slander our product?

Just answer the first question please.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dsycks
I would also point out that I saw your manifold was recently used on the DTM pump gas car. I would say that once again this bump in performance was not in line with the cost...
There have been others who have tested the Magnus manifold with good results.

Any link to the DTM car?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Magnus... I don't need to slander you or anyone. All I have said is that you did not test your own product. You have never shown that you have and say yourself that it was third party tested.

As such by your own admission you didn't test it. If you had you may have known what the results of Daves test would be. Check the numbers... they speak for me.

Now, I'm happy to see your new product looks to be less of a dog. I still have yet to see anything that would indicate to me your intake is worth the money. Please feel free to post some of your third party numbers however in your own defense.

If I'm wrong it will be easy to show and you won't have to worry about what I say.

Right?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:47 PM

Dsycks,

Four more sentences and still no answer to the question?

I refer you back to post number 116

Where did you hear that we never tested our products?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Post #45 of the "New pump gas record" thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2&postcount=45
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
Dsycks,

Four more sentences and still no answer to the question?

I refer you back to post number 116

Where did you hear that we never tested our products?
Dude, I owe you s#!t for an answer.

You did however seem to confirm the information. Use your overactive imagination as to where it came from.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsycks
As I was part of that 37 page thread I can tell you that you are full of it dear friend.

I and many said that we simply wanted to let the numbers speak for themselves. David let the numbers speak as they did for the manifold he made himself. It was a dog with fleas and I thought it would make good numbers. It was worse than your old manifold and that from the evidence was hard to top.

Please feel free to defend your product but to accuse those of us on Daves forum of being patently anti Magnus is cr@p. Your words and actions however as well as what I have seen of your products lead me to have no interest in your efforts.
calm down... You are taking a side that hasn't been validated. What I mean by that is how do you know if David Buschur was really testing a magnus manifold?

How do you know if the tests were doctored to be not in Magnus' favor?

You don't. Period. No one does... But as David said it himself he does not like Magnus for reasons x,y,z.

Plus to add fuel to that fire Magnus sent David home packing at an event that David sponsored (DSM Shootout 2k6) and Magnus went home with a trophy of sweet victory.

Go back and look at all the posts around that time frame in 2k6.

All I've seen from all of this is that there are two sides to the story and if you don't look closely they almost cancel each other out. Except....

You can clearly see that in all this history David has a motive to damage the reputation of Magnus. Also IMO a man that openly uses "knock off" products to build and "R&D" his own products is not one that walks a very straight moral line so it is possible that he is doing this out of a grudge. The fact that it is even evident is an issue you cannot just ignore.

What you are saying is something that is a pretty large leap of faith to take based on history.

Then you expect for Magnus' latest version of the manifold to be dirt cheap... The part is not cheap to begin with and neither is the R&D. Look at price tags for the VSR, Hypertune, HKS, Jun, etc...

you cannot deny that there is A TON of Magnus hate on that forum... If you some how can you might as well turn water into wine my friend.

Now let the numbers speak for themselves... DTM just hit the 603whp in a 80 degree dyno room temp and then 622whp in a 74 or 76 degree room temp with that intake manifold.

If Magnus were smart he would take all the threads... combine them... I'm pretty sure he can find slander somewhere in there.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by version 2 beta
Now let the numbers speak for themselves... DTM just hit the 603whp in a 80 degree dyno room temp and then 622whp in a 74 or 76 degree room temp with that intake manifold.
Why is that relevant? Maybe DTM might have hit 650 with the AMS one?

Did some digging...

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176461

Name:  Copyofmagnusblown002.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  Copyofmagnusblown005.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  55.1 KB

"What resources say that? AFAIK there's no back to back dyno tests to prove which is better. I got a JMF because of all of the cracked Magnus's that I've seen lately."

"Depends on if you like takeing the manifold off to have it rewelded after every 25 psi pull. magnus is know for cracking, both the new and the old version"

"A local guy that is running the magnus said his cracked also and he's getting it reweld. Im looking towards the JMF manifold now because of the magnus cracking."

"I am not jumping on a bandwagon but I can tell you this, I just saw a cracked Magnus manfold the other day on a local dsmers car...that is why I went with this very thick smim"

This one is from a Gold Vender (11secdsm)
"As for the Magnus cracking band wagon...it still happens to the new ones. Not sure why you think it's a band wagon considering it's a fact. It happens."

"X2 what Chris said. These Magnus peeps are making it sound like it's a rare occurence for these exploding manifolds. Here's a newsflash. The craftmanship of the Magnus smim is ****ty. Period. Show me 1 exploded JMF and I will show you 5 or 6 from Magnus."

"FWIW...nukefission had a meth backfire on his JMF. Guess what? It didn't resemble anything like those Magnus wonders."

"my magnus cracked at the welds on the #1 runner at olbs of boost.they rewelded it and put supports in the middle"

AFAIK I don't think Buschur's products ever had feedback like this. Not choosing sides, just answering the OPs question with some feedback I found.

Last edited by Sky Evo X; Apr 27, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

calm down... You are taking a side that hasn't been validated. What I mean by that is how do you know if David Buschur was really testing a magnus manifold?
You assume that it was not? If your so sure buy an old Magnus intake and prove David wrong.

But as David said it himself he does not like Magnus for reasons x,y,z.
I posted in the thread in question multiple times that I had nothing against Magnus but now I find him to be a tool so I don't like him either.

Plus to add fuel to that fire Magnus sent David home packing at an event that David sponsored
This proves zero about the manifold. Nada. Nothing. Lets stay on point.

What you are saying is something that is a pretty large leap of faith to take based on history.
Not at all. I say the product from back when was a dog based on evidence and the new one while a wee bit better MAYBE is not worth the cash. I think thats fair.

Then you expect for Magnus' latest version of the manifold to be dirt cheap.
I don't care what he charges for it. I however reserve the right to judge if its performance is worth the price. I say it fails to do so. I'll keep saying it. The more you ask the louder I'll say it.

You are RIGHT!!! The 19 HP improvement could just as easily be from the temp drop as the manifold. Its worth even less than I thought.

You sir... have reached epic fail.

Carry on.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Evo X

It's funny people keep showing those pics in the Magnus related threads. Funny thing is, I was there when THAT manifold blew up. That is my friend Ronnie, at the time he had an AWD 1g, which is what that manifold is installed in in that picture. I was next to that car riding in a friend's WRX when we heard a loud BOOM and saw Ronnie pull over. Boom was loud enough to scare the **** out of everyone riding around his car, and we all pulled over. Manifold looked just as pictured, and turned out to be a nasty methanol backfire. The backfire sounded similar to that of C4 explosives going off, so I don't know how any other manifold would somehow survive that same fate. Ironicly, I have that manifold at my house today.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 04:59 AM

Plus to add fuel to that fire Magnus sent David home packing at an event that David sponsored (DSM Shootout 2k6) and Magnus went home with a trophy of sweet victory.

who cares ??????????