Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can never go wrong with an ets product, great quality, great price, and unbeatable service!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'd go either AMS or Buschur.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yasir
No disrespect, but so far its been just the vendors who've answered my queries. I would really like to get some info from the 'end' user though. People who drive their cars day in and day out.
Pakistan is a third world, tropical country. And Im in Karachi, which gets VERY humid in the summers. I mean its just April and already water temps. and IATs are quite high in my car. Most of the people here run Japanese name brand intercoolers.
We also have ONLY 96 octane pump gas, so watever the setup, it needs to be top notch. Its these high HP pump gas cars off late tht are making me lean towards the Buschur Race FMIC, but I havent written off ETS as yet. Cmon EvoM, share your experiences and make my hard earned money well spent!

P.S Jrod, I u already got PM for a quote.
Yasir...I run all BR parts so ofcourse I am going to say BR FTW ETS seems like a good group of guys though. Anyway I just had my BRHTA35R tuned on my car (stock engine) putting down 525whp. Anyway in 80 degree heat we did back to back passes...525, 524,523,and 523 whp respectively. So from my first hand experience it was virtually impossible to heat soak BR's race front mount. I was as shocked as my tuner. So....first hand...BR products are amazing.

BTW...Jarod is a stand up guy in my book so just talk to him about your needs.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I will only speak for ETS. The ETS intercooler is an amazing unit without a doubt from its quality to its performance as already seen on cars like Paul's and many of the serious Supras out there. Their service is one of a kind and is honestly the reason why ETS shines in this industry. That statement is by no means degrading the quality of their parts, because in my opinion, their parts look amazing, perform just like any other top fabricator in the market (of which every part is made in house by them), and the prices are more than reasonable. You would not be upset with your decision on choosing ETS.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I run their 4" Wide-tank intercooler than can be seen here. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=ETS+wide+tank Mine fit without any cutting and/or modifications, other than the washers I used but I was the first one to have this specific core and since then, ETS has made the necessary changes to not require them.

Last edited by xiaoni420; Apr 25, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur Race Core....wouldn't even think twice.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

ETS for bang for buck.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

No experience with ETS, but a have the BR Race 4" Intercooler and couldn't be happier.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8_PR
No experience with ETS, but a have the BR Race 4" Intercooler and couldn't be happier.
+1 for that, i have had mine for three years.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

I run the buschur race and am very happy with it.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xiaoni420
I will only speak for ETS. The ETS intercooler is an amazing unit without a doubt from its quality to its performance as already seen on cars like Paul's and many of the serious Supras out there. Their service is one of a kind and is honestly the reason why ETS shines in this industry. That statement is by no means degrading the quality of their parts, because in my opinion, their parts look amazing, perform just like any other top fabricator in the market (of which every part is made in house by them), and the prices are more than reasonable. You would not me upset with your decision on choosing ETS.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I run their 4" Wide-tank intercooler than can be seen here. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=ETS+wide+tank Mine fit without any cutting and/or modifications, other than the washers I used but I was the first one to have this specific core and since then, ETS has made the necessary changes to not require them.
Couldn't have said it better
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Here's the real deal, the Buschur Race IC works well it always has. I know for a fact David is always looking for better components, most of the IC cores are made by a few manufactures so really the only difference is the construction. If you want a bulletproof part look no further, their track record over the years for dependability proves it. I also know there will be some new developments in IC core design on their way to Wakeman, Ohio that NO one else will ever have. Weigh your options and choose wisely.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
This will easily turn into a pissing match. Not worth it. All you are going to get is opinions from both of our shops supporters, that's it.

Call us both, decide who you want to deal with and move on. I have NOT tested ETS's 4" core, ever even seen one. IF I did I would give you data to compare, since I haven't I have absolutely nothing to say.

There is a LOT of test data on our site in the forums from various turbo/intercooler tests. If you want to see some hard numbers on some of what's out there take a visit to our forums.

Good luck in your choice.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Our black car has gone 8's (8.88 to be exact) with a best mph of 172.74with our race FMIC which is our 4" core. It is also the same one used on the 9sec daily drivers here, all of the 550+whp pump gas cars and all of the high HP stuff we produce out of here.
Nuff Said. BR has been working on the 4g way longer then ETS.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

the dust has settled and.....I find myself standing where I started off, still cant make up my mind. I DID PM Jrod yesterday, still no reply. I PMed him regarding shipping costs and whether if he could get me a quote from a cheaper shipping method. I guess ETS it is then since they have the time to listen to me and people dont seem to be complaining about their products either.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 01:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Buschur core is on our shop car and has been on it for 2+ years.. GREAT core and it keeps working the faster we get.

Quick Reply: 4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?