Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ yasir ,im running ets 4'' gr8 intercooler and im happy wid it but u cant go wrong wid any of them .
im intrested in the vsr if its still available than i need ur cell num .
Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:27 PM
Account Disabled

I would go with the ETS. You can't beat the price or the quality.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The owner of the shop I go to has tried everything out there at one point or another and he's told me as far as ic go the Buschur race is the best he's found so far.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

I would go Buschur, so far everything has come exactly the way it was described and worked flawlessly...my ETS experience however, wasn't exactly what I expected.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Salam my brother....you got a PM.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yasir
the dust has settled and.....I find myself standing where I started off, still cant make up my mind. I DID PM Jrod yesterday, still no reply. I PMed him regarding shipping costs and whether if he could get me a quote from a cheaper shipping method. I guess ETS it is then since they have the time to listen to me and people dont seem to be complaining about their products either.
Im sure you will be happy with whatever you buy.....but seriously....you pm'd and didn't here back for 24hours and that is how your making your mind up.
Good luck in the future with your build....since most shops aren't sitting on the computer all day long.

That is all.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

If you want the best performance available...BR is the way to go. Here is a log of my car last night at the dragstrip.

Peak boost ~29psi
Reving out to 8500 RPM
IAT's when I first got on the 2 step - 113*F
IAT's dropped down to 109*F in first and second gear
IAT's went up to 111*F in third gear
IAT's went up to 113*F in fourth gear

I was hot lapping the car and this was my 3rd run in a row. Outside air temps at this point were around 70*F and very humid. My first run of the night, the car had been sitting for a little while and IAT's went from 103*F to 105*F from start to finish and outside air temps were about 80*F and very humid.

I prefer to make my decisions based on data...some like to base it on marketing. Thats why some are slower than others.

Oh and as for customer service....I can send an email to David with a questions or data log and will usually get a response back within a few hours. I come from the Subaru world and that kind of response time is unheard of from any shop I've worked with. It's a welcomed relief!!

Last edited by SloRice; Apr 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by yasir
the dust has settled and.....I find myself standing where I started off, still cant make up my mind. I DID PM Jrod yesterday, still no reply. I PMed him regarding shipping costs and whether if he could get me a quote from a cheaper shipping method. I guess ETS it is then since they have the time to listen to me and people dont seem to be complaining about their products either.
I did all my PM's yesterday as I do everyday (weekday mainly). Didnt see anything from you. It must not have gone through.

Please send it again. I will be glad to help and get you the info you're interested in.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ets Ftw! BEST bang for buck, superb quality, and in my opinion looks better (wide tank).
Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

These pissing matches are great arent they? Also consider the shipping cost. I'm in hawaii and Buschur charged me $40 to ship their intake kit which weighed no more than 5lbs. I paid a little more than that for my FMIC/UICP/LICP from ETS and that weighed a lot more . Tom @ETS was willing to help me out on shipping by finding me the cheapest route. Buschur... none.

Like others said, both offer great products but its obvious that everyone who has dealt with ETS has nothing but great things to say about their support/service. To me that is a big factor when deciding who to buy from. Just something to think about.

Also I dont know if your on AIM but Tom is always on there answering my question at all hours of the day. That man doesnt sleep I think . That will save you a lot of phone charges for any questions you have. . It is now 1:30am sunday morning where Tom is at and that crazy **** is on AIM right now

GL on what you decide on.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Although Tom is available at all hours of the week via instant messager, he often times forgets to sign himself off on Friday because believe it or not, he has a life too. So although he looks to be signed on even right now, he isn't actually there. As far as getting in contact with him and ETS though during the week, it is quite simple.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
If you want the best performance available...BR is the way to go. Here is a log of my car last night at the dragstrip.

Peak boost ~29psi
Reving out to 8500 RPM
IAT's when I first got on the 2 step - 113*F
IAT's dropped down to 109*F in first and second gear
IAT's went up to 111*F in third gear
IAT's went up to 113*F in fourth gear

I was hot lapping the car and this was my 3rd run in a row. Outside air temps at this point were around 70*F and very humid. My first run of the night, the car had been sitting for a little while and IAT's went from 103*F to 105*F from start to finish and outside air temps were about 80*F and very humid.

I prefer to make my decisions based on data...some like to base it on marketing. Thats why some are slower than others.
Interesting results. That represents a 35 degree rise over ambient on the first run. And 43 degree over on the 3rd run. Those number are much higher than anything Dave has posted about his core. Dave has posted a few times he is only seeing 5-9 over ambient on dyno runs. And he posted once about a autocross car that saw a max rise of 25 over ambient. For an autocross car that would be amazing seeing as they push boost 100 times longer than any drag pass. makes me wonder what the truth is now. Thanks for posting.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

Eric, no problem I'll resend the PM. From all the PMs Ive got from different people, the BR race FMIC seems to have the edge when speaking quality. On the other hand, ETS seems to have better customer service all around.
Thanks for the input guys, its been really useful. One thing though, I HAVE YET TO SEE HARD NUMBERS ON THE ETS UNIT. I know people are using them and "ARE REALLY HAPPY WITH IT", but why no hard numbers?? NO pump gas records??
Im sorry I dont mean to diss the ETS unit, a LOT of people have PMed me and said how happy they are with their intercoolers, but its the 3rd time Ive seen hard numbers from a BR RACE FMIC. So much testing and factual data makes you really think wht the hell is going on...
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

first of all, you gotta know what your coming into... ans FMIC will do depending on your mods/ future power with the car.... anything with 3.5" will do man!

ETS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: YOU LIVE IN PAKISTAN????? Theres evos in PAKISTAN?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yasir...with all respect to ETS (i know they make great products)....but i have Buschurs 4" race intercooler...it is a great piece...worked great and keeps intake temps very low...fits like a glove too...

so i think i am very safe to say...from my experience i will buy the buschur unit again and again.

Quick Reply: 4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?