Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?

So Ive finally decided to sell my AMS VSR Intake mani and get a good, decent sized intercooler. The trust (greddy V spec) unit has been on the car for over 4 years and now is 1 corroded ****.
I know this is kinda like going backwards, but I suppose one should get the basics right and then move on to other, less significant mods. Please share your experiences with both the intercoolers. Im ONLY looking for facts and hard numbers, no vendor worship.
And yes Ive searched, which is why I'm leaning towards the BR unit, but Im getting a sweet deal for the ETS so Im

Yasir.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Were you aware that our FMIC's are on sale right now Yasir?

Please check out the link in my sig. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to ask.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Ive never had any experiences with the Buschur fmic. I have ran 4" ETS intercooler at the track with a 67 trim 38psi 90deg temps outside temps back to back runs at the track. My AEM showed 112temps to 122temps ait. This is pushing the turbo past its efficiency range.Customer service has been awesome.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Yasir,
Paul's EVO went 9.7 and 145mph on our 4" core and T4 67mm turbo kit with charge air temps at 120 degrees at the top of the track. This same core is used in many of our Supra intercooler kits and has been as fast as 9 flat and 1000whp+ in a MKIV and is in on the front of the two highest horsepower MKIIIs which are both in the mid to high 800s whp. It will be extremely efficient and flow very well on your 35R setup as that won't even be running it hard

EDIT: And Paul even beat me to it

Tom
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our black car has gone 8's (8.88 to be exact) with a best mph of 172.74with our race FMIC which is our 4" core. It is also the same one used on the 9sec daily drivers here, all of the 550+whp pump gas cars and all of the high HP stuff we produce out of here.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Our black car has gone 8's (8.88 to be exact) with a best mph of 172.74with our race FMIC which is our 4" core. It is also the same one used on the 9sec daily drivers here, all of the 550+whp pump gas cars and all of the high HP stuff we produce out of here.

I think Jrod crossed the finish line first!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

No disrespect, but so far its been just the vendors who've answered my queries. I would really like to get some info from the 'end' user though. People who drive their cars day in and day out.
Pakistan is a third world, tropical country. And Im in Karachi, which gets VERY humid in the summers. I mean its just April and already water temps. and IATs are quite high in my car. Most of the people here run Japanese name brand intercoolers.
We also have ONLY 96 octane pump gas, so watever the setup, it needs to be top notch. Its these high HP pump gas cars off late tht are making me lean towards the Buschur Race FMIC, but I havent written off ETS as yet. Cmon EvoM, share your experiences and make my hard earned money well spent!

P.S Jrod, I u already got PM for a quote.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

guys Im really asking for some help and all you can do is fuel a vendor war?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I had the BR deluxe IC and took it off to install a ETS IC

take it for what its worth, but I will never look back
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yasir, both of the intercoolers (ETS and Buschur) are well made. There are a few differences that you can see in the various threads on this board about them that you can review and determine which you prefer. The Buschur Race intercooler uses a core than has worked very well and that many prefer. Both Jrod (Buschur) and Tom (ETS) will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have by e-mail or PM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

I chose ETS over Buschur. Why? Well, both make top-notch products, but ETS does one better....they provide you with SUPERB customer service with out any cocky attitudes. I received my 3.5" anodized black IC from ETS last night and the craftsmanship is awesome. If you really did search though you should have found that both IC's are two of the best, so you can't go wrong with either. But for me, ETS > Buschur
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Ive had ETS fmic on two of my cars. Everything went smoothly with both applications. Product was top notch and everything looked great. Ive also used many other ETS products and everything has been great in that area as well.
Bottomline is you can't go wrong with ETS.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

I would recommend the ETS 4" widetank as it looks great and performs even better. I will be replacing my AMS knockoff fmic for an ETS 3" widetank on my VIII. I run the ETS 3.5" exhaust, hardpipes, & intake and couldnt be happier. Tom & Michael can and will answer all your questions and will call you back if you leave a message as I have found recently. IDK any other Vendor, personally, that has or will do this for you, CONSISTENTLY...thats key for me.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

buschur, and AMS all make a great intercooler.

I would say go with the Buschur Racing unit, although I have no experience with their new Evo designs, the big 3" Race FMIC i had on my 90 talon was flawless... and this was in 1994 (?? 93??) THeir new cores perform even better... never the less... it was a long time ago.. (Very few shops have been around and working on the 4G63 as BR has) ...

Although, quite often they do come off as quite cocky, I think they have earned the right too. no other shop ahas been around as long, developed as much or tested as much as they have.. Even if you don't like BR, you can't take away what they have done for this community.

I think their customer service as as good or better than any other, and all of their cars dyno sheets have been backed up by time slips.... few other shops can say that..

And before someone beats me to it... i still want the badbish to get some timeslips, although i think a new owner now has it...
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

i agree i have all buschur product on my evo and love all of it.. i was about to buy their race core fmic and do a turbo kit. they can be cocky ... thats fine but when i try and ask a question like trying to pick out a turbo kit it's like its a problem that im asking and nick makes me feel like an idiot. so its sad but i feel like buying my **** from ams or someone else now...shame too cuz buschur makes bad *** ****

Quick Reply: 4" intercoolers, ETS or Buschur?