Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone use Quartermaster clutch?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of Full Function's Evo 9 (35r, stock block, 500hp) will have the QM done by the end of the week if not sooner so i can let ya guys know how it is.

We weighed it in at 18lbs w/ flywheel.

The owner is actually coming from an Exedy Twin HD but he doesn't post much anywhere but i'll get his opinions on the difference.

I'm just waiting to see as i'm in the market for a Twin of some sort.

His old Exedy held up to numerous 10 sec passes, test -n- tunes, and A LOT of street racing
Old May 13, 2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no act
Old May 13, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Act! Lol
Old May 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Jasil,

Just got off the phone w/ the guys at FF and they said he picked the car up today

I'm sure he's putting miles on it right now to go out for some fun on the streets tonight

I'll be in touch w/ him tomorrow and will let you know his opinions.........i'll let ya know what i think after i get to take it for a spin this weekend.

So far i'm told the pedal pressre is equivalent to an ACT 2100 (if you're familiar).

By the way when they yanked the Exedy it weighed in at a whopping 28lbs compared to the QM (18.4lbs)
Old May 13, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

how much do the run for and what power do they hold?
Old May 13, 2008, 06:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I had no idea that there was a 10 lb. difference between the Exedy HD and the QM. That's a huge difference.
Old May 14, 2008, 06:53 AM

hmmm.... has anybody had experience with the QM or tilton clutch on a stock ecu car? I head some tilton guys were having problems with the ecu not liking the clutch becauae it was too light (constant misfire codes, etc.)... I dont think there could ever be such a thing but if all it does is cause more trouble than its worth with the stock ecu then i'll keep the exedy twin i have sitting on my desk.

Not too familiar with the 2100 act though, had a 2600 in my dsm before the evo and that was a little heavy, but how does the 2100 compare to a stock clutch or exedy HD? Heavier/lighter?...
Old May 15, 2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by SpunEvoIX
how much do the run for and what power do they hold?
$1650 +/- and from what everybody is saying it will hold whatever you throw at it... Tilton's twin ceremetalluc kit is rated at 600ft./lbs. Since they're practically the same thing my guess would be that number.
Old May 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Little China
hmmm.... has anybody had experience with the QM or tilton clutch on a stock ecu car? I head some tilton guys were having problems with the ecu not liking the clutch becauae it was too light (constant misfire codes, etc.)... I dont think there could ever be such a thing but if all it does is cause more trouble than its worth with the stock ecu then i'll keep the exedy twin i have sitting on my desk.

Not too familiar with the 2100 act though, had a 2600 in my dsm before the evo and that was a little heavy, but how does the 2100 compare to a stock clutch or exedy HD? Heavier/lighter?...
This is just what the owner stated to me as i have yet to get in the car to test drive it.

He said it feels much "lighter" than the Exedy HD and slightly "heavier" if you will than the oem clutch.

He also mentioned that the noise associated with it is minimal at this point in time compared to his Exedy........but he does say it pretty "grabby" in first gear
Old May 17, 2008, 02:29 PM

Any new developements?

Anybody know how rev drop is with a stock ecu and this clutch?
Old May 19, 2008, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

clutch sounds pretty awesome... everyone reffering to the lutch noise probably meanin chatter when slipping it... most performance clutches do this...
Old May 19, 2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Little China
$1650 +/- and from what everybody is saying it will hold whatever you throw at it... Tilton's twin ceremetalluc kit is rated at 600ft./lbs. Since they're practically the same thing my guess would be that number.
John Shepherd quoted me $1,195 for the qm twin disc 7.25 vdrive clutch with flywheel and all parts needed for installation just yesterday(18lbs w flywheel). I think the PTT clutch (which is essentially the exact same) is $1,089. Those prices are for a seven bolt DSM, but you should be able to get one for the EVO for the same price. BTW.. Twicks on dsmtuners said he ran this clutch for 2 years with lots of constant abuse and made over 740whp and 9 sec E/Ts with it. The only clutch that I've heard is better than the QM is the Tilton carbon/carbon, but I don't have 5k to spend on a clutch.
Old May 19, 2008, 09:14 PM

yeah I spoke with shep about it also, never did get a quote from him though... Two years is awesome especially making that kind of power....
Old May 20, 2008, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

I believe those prices are without the hydralic throw out bearing which is included in the Devo price. Also the Devo clutch uses it's own specific friction material and hubs.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:15 AM

Updates?

Quick Reply: Anyone use Quartermaster clutch?