Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone use Quartermaster clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little China
Just wanted to give an update of my own...

After selling my exedy i got a Quartermaster twin from Devo, being that my car is a 6-speed i was very skeptical whether this kit would really work with the adapter adam (from devo) made. After putting the clutch in the car this past weekend i can say bar none, this is the best feeling clutch i have ever driven in an evo. And it works for the 6-speed!

Good stuff.
Devo has there own version of this clutch?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
Devo has there own version of this clutch?
Devo includes there hydraulic TOB with the QuarterMaster. I just had this clutch installed yesterday, and by far, I feel this clutch performs better than my previous Exedy HD twin in so many aspects. People tend to say it's harsh, but I don't believe that to be true. This clutch simply blows Exedy's out of the water .
Old Jan 7, 2009, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
so your guys are saying dont buy a exedy twin HD??? LOL this is the first i ever heard of people having these problems with the unit. I understand things happen. Im in the market for a clutch as soon as i install my fp red and br stage 3 head so i know im gonna need anew clutch. I plan on DD and maybe some street racing not much and tracking it but mostly DD. so i thought the exedy would be perfect for this but this quartermaster is good so you say but not for DD so what should i get for my kind of use.
The QM is just as streetable as the Exedy and personally I've heard enough problems with the Exedy to avoid it all togehter.

The QM also costs about half as much to rebuild in comparison to Exedy's.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

thinking about this clutch or the exedy decsions i tell ya
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if you guys don't recommend this clutch for DD, then what clutch do you recommend? I drive my car everywhere, and I want a clutch that I know will hold up to the power I want to make but also cater to DD.

-Jalal
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
So if you guys don't recommend this clutch for DD, then what clutch do you recommend? I drive my car everywhere, and I want a clutch that I know will hold up to the power I want to make but also cater to DD.

-Jalal
To me it all depends upon you consideration of what is tolerable for a daily driver.

I guarantee you would not want this clutch as a DD if you lived in San Francisco

How much power are you making?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
To me it all depends upon you consideration of what is tolerable for a daily driver.

I guarantee you would not want this clutch as a DD if you lived in San Francisco

How much power are you making?
Well I live in North Jersey about 20 mine from NYC and I DD my car everywhere. I see mixed driving between stop and go, and highway. Hills, flat, everything. My car currently only makes around 350-360whp with similar wtq numbers. Stock turbo with bolt ons, no meth. I currently have the ACT HDSS with streetlite flywheel which came installed on the car when I bought it.

-Jalal
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i really wouldnt suggest it for a DD, u can do it fine if u dont mind the noise. i love this clutch but my car is a weekend warrior
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Well I live in North Jersey about 20 mine from NYC and I DD my car everywhere. I see mixed driving between stop and go, and highway. Hills, flat, everything. My car currently only makes around 350-360whp with similar wtq numbers. Stock turbo with bolt ons, no meth. I currently have the ACT HDSS with streetlite flywheel which came installed on the car when I bought it.

-Jalal
Since you already have a clutch in there how's it holding up?

If not i've heard good things about the non sprung disc act sells for faster shifts.

If you want to go with a twin though for that power level i'd suggest the Exedy myself but that's up to you my friend.

At that hp level i would think that the QM is too extreme for your needs/driving situations.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

QM it's nice but daily crazy. same clutch we run in our 500+++whp time attack evo. for daily the exedy twin is way nicer.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
QM it's nice but daily crazy. same clutch we run in our 500+++whp time attack evo. for daily the exedy twin is way nicer.
I agree with this statement partially... the exedy twin will not hold near as much power as the QM though.. so that is why I might go with a QM instead of a twin.. a QM is more similar in power levels to the exedy triple.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 01:06 PM

Hey the good thing about the Quarter Master Twin is that you'll keep the millege on your Evo alot lower that's because you wouldn't wanna drive it around anymore, for that kinda power and daily driving it is a bit extreme don't get me wrong it's one of the best for the price and quality for racing but to drive everyday I wouldn't do. It's ok if you live in an area which is mostly flat then it wouldn't be so bad but once hills or inclines come into the situation it's just not fun.