Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

"Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I tested our stock ported intake and 65 mm throttle body a few years ago. About 15 whp gains. This intake right now is up over stock I'd say around 30 whp.

No pictures are going to be posted of the inside of the intake. For what? I spent time porting/dyno'ing the stock intake a few years ago along with testing a making 65 mm throttle bodies. Now there are businesses "specializing" in the same thing quoting my testing results. Posting pictures of this would be retarded as the same thing will happen again. The nice thing about this is there just aren't many other places that will be able to reproduce this so it should stay un-copied, I hope.

Many of the other intake manifolds offered, such as AMS and DI's are quite reasonable if you ask me. I don't think either of those companies are screwing anyone for the performance gains you get with their product. This is in reference to this costing an arm and a leg or not.

I am hoping the weather is decent Friday night. I plan to run my car with the DI intake and 3" throttle body on it. I have just a few things to finish up on it and it's ready for the first trip to the track this year.

This testing is never ending. Another set of cams coming, another intake from Indy coming and one more part that I'm not ready to talk about, just yet
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

crcain, I wouldn't say it's money down the drain. I didn't test the HKS Kansai with a 3" throttle body, there was no good way for me to install one. I'd guess with the 3" throttle body the Kansai would have been very hard to beat. Use the Q45 on the one you got from us.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next test: JUN vs. Indy!!!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Another set of cams coming, another intake from Indy coming and one more part that I'm not ready to talk about, just yet

Are these cams that you are having custom made? And if so, either way are you gonna post a thread about them too, after you test them?

Last edited by wshihdnevo; Apr 30, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted to buy and test a Jun intake. I have yet to get one, any product that is THAT hard to get, I am not interested in. I HATE back orders and bad service. I am getting enough of both of those from a few of our current suppliers already and it's getting on my last nerve. Don't even mention the cost of the Jun.....
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:01 PM
PSA

thanks for all the testing you have been doing dave... it really helps all of us make a wise decision when choosing mods
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

The cams are custom grinds but not that I had anything to do with. No, I am not posting the results of the cam testing. IF you see us selling a new cam you will know what I found. As of right now I have our BF272's back in the car as they had the best overall curve of the others tested yesterday.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The cams are custom grinds but not that I had anything to do with. No, I am not posting the results of the cam testing. IF you see us selling a new cam you will know what I found. As of right now I have our BF272's back in the car as they had the best overall curve of the others tested yesterday.

Cool. Understandable
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Nice Dave! I guess im just gona sit here and wait for a little bit before I buy cams.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SUPER test DB. The Evo community is truly lucky to have people like Tom at Driven Innovations, Jim (IndyEvo) bringing hightest parts to the table and David and Dan Buschurs willing to test those parts. I can't say enough how grateful I am to be able to read these tests and make decisions that will give us the results we're after.

I hope, by seeing these tests and results, our earlier posts showing excitement and enthusiasm will be understood. I've seen the pictures and discussed the 'hopes' and ideas of both of these "Guru's". I call them Guru's because they are. Please don't take this as an overstatement. WE ARE SO, SO LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GUYS WILLING TO BRING THEIR LEVEL OF EXPERTISE TO OUR COMMUNITY. Thanks goes to David for the testing, Dan for the time to swap the parts, Tom for the great Aftermarket Manifold and Jim for the tremendous work on the Stock Manifold.
Now that I've kissed all of your asses, get back to doing something inventive.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I would like to say thank you to David Buschur for taking the time to do this test. I'm very thankfull for your friendship and direction on this project. I jumped off a cliff starting a thread before we had results, but I knew with what you told me about these engines and what they like, we could get a great starting point on the next generation of manifolds. I would also like to say I have signed with Buschur Racing for any and all developments and components for the Evolution. I'm very proud to be part of the Buschur Racing family. P.S. If it wasn't for reading about Peter Rucano's Bad Bish, 9sec9 and the Baby Bish on EvoM, I probably would have never started modifying my evo. Thanks, Pete, Tom and Tony. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; May 1, 2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:52 PM

if going to a 3" TB..do u have to go from a 2.5" intercooler pipe to 3" or just leave it a 2.5?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

You're the one to be thanked. I bow to very few people. My head is bowed as low as it can go. Thanks for coming to our community.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to have to wait awhile for all this testing to be complete. No hurry.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Tom,
Thank you for the very kind words! But I think Dave and Buschur Racing is the one that deserves the credit for taking their time and effort to test our parts. They are the ones that spend the time to test and give us the ability to purchase the best parts for our cars.

Jim,
Congrats on being the part of Buschur Racing!

Quick Reply: "Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold