Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

"Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice test DB and props to Indy and DI for makin great manifolds.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is amazing to me aside from the wonderful people making these amazing products is how much work gets done in one day at the shop. It would take me a week to swap all those parts and to test them. Your 19 years of 4g63's really shows!

Can't wait to see the finished results and get that car done and make it to 42 on Friday!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:04 PM
Account Disabled

really nice results!!!any idea on what kind of pricing this manifold will run?will it be in the ball park of per say an ams manifold to make these mods?i know it might be too early to say,but just a rough idea.really nice job indy!!!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

are you going to post the pics back up?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Can't wait to see the finished results and get that car done and make it to 42 on Friday!
Go to a real track.JK I swear that track runs DOWNHILL.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

good job, i am getting a great vibe from this thread!

i definitely want to thank buschur for all this. you keep my evo drive alive!!!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Great job to all. David keep up the great work we really do appriciate everything you have done. Indy you are the man i cant wait to see what else is on the table. Tom as you know i think that you have raised the bar!

Thanks to all!
Chris
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
9sec9, first thanks for the compliments. Second, just so you know not only did I do the swapping of the intake manifold 3 times today but I also PERSONALLY put 3 sets of cams in my own car yesterday. Daniel watched me

Indy, thanks again and thank you too for the compliments. We are going to work well together, both of us have already proven to be honest and in this business it's hard to find someone who can make a deal and keep it.

As for pricing I do not know yet. We are going to be offering them exclusively for Indy. The amount of work that is involved with producing this is very-very high.

As most of you know we charge $75 to port the stock intake. This charge is super low, too low actually. The part comes in we unbox it, take all the crap off of it as most of them come in with everything bolted to it, then we have to scribe it to gasket match it, then port it and reclean it and put the stuff back on. Obviously we aren't making much doing the porting on the intake.

The port work on this intake is mind boggling and as I have said, not possible for most others. We could not do this in house here, no way.

The way I see it, if the next change brings it up to the power levels of the aftermarket intakes then if you consider you need a 65mm throttle body which costs $300 and you then had to spend $600 on the work done to the stocker you are still cheaper than if you bought any of the aftermarket intakes and then bought a throttle body too.

I have absolutely NO clue at all what the price is going to be. Indy is going to work on that tomorrow and let me know. As soon as I know I will let you guys know.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

We are NOT POSTING PICTURES. NO way no how and at no time. Externally the intake manifold looks bone stock, just very clean and like brand new. Internally it is much different than stock. I am hoping that anyone who buys this will do Indy a favor and not post detailed pictures either.

The 3" throttle body does NOT need to have a 3" i/c pipe. I did back to back testing on that. My car is running a 2.5" upper i/c pipe on it.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

david,
so is the 3" throttle body definitely worth the upgrade compared to the ported oem one? i definitely want to upgrade my oem ported intake mani, but want to wait until all testing is done.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The 3" throttle body does NOT need to have a 3" i/c pipe. I did back to back testing on that. My car is running a 2.5" upper i/c pipe on it.
Heehee I love that you did that test for us all

Congrats to all involved in the new intake and thanks again to Buschur Racing for all the testing keeping this forum full of great info for the Evo enthusiast.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, on the DI intake when I tested the ported stock TB to a 3" it was worth about 15 whp.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

WOW!! Imagine one or two years from now, a completely stock looking engine bay Evo blasting down the track trapping 140+ mph and low 10's or even high 9's pass. That would be my dream car. And thanks to DB, Indy, and FP for making suck kick *** parts for the Evo community.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
9sec9, first thanks for the compliments. Second, just so you know not only did I do the swapping of the intake manifold 3 times today but I also PERSONALLY put 3 sets of cams in my own car yesterday. Daniel watched me
Sorry DB, didn't mean to disrespect you. Daniel must have had fun watching. Now, let him do the tuning and YOU WATCH HIM. Make you nervous yet?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Driven Innovations thank you, if I didn't do this I'd buy your's for sure.

Quick Reply: "Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold