Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New "Indy" CNC cylinder Head

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008 | 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

New "Indy" CNC cylinder Head

I'm working on a new CNC cylinder head for the Evo XIII, IX, if there is enough interest we might take this public. I will use only new castings from Mitsubishi for the IX the XIII will be on an exchange basis, they will be fully CNC ported and Serti valve jobbed with my program, use Buschur spec internals, with the option of o rings. If you might be interested please post up with comments so I can gauge if this is a possibility. If produced it will only be available from Buschur Racing. Thanks, Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; May 7, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old May 4, 2008 | 10:46 AM

Very very interested.Will it be suitable for my GT42 2.0lt set up?
Old May 4, 2008 | 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Any possibility of an "Indy" head for an 8...
Old May 4, 2008 | 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
Any possibility of an "Indy" head for an 8...
X2
Old May 4, 2008 | 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

evo XIII huh? you must have some pretty high connections at mitsu..... lol

I think i speak for a lot of people, who are you Indy? it seems like in the last week or so you exploded with your intake manifold and now your gonna sell a cnc head?

where are you from? what experience do you have?

i dont doubt you know what you are doing, i just think everyone could use a little background information
Old May 4, 2008 | 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02

I think i speak for a lot of people, who are you Indy? it seems like in the last week or so you exploded with your intake manifold and now your gonna sell a cnc head?

i dont doubt you know what you are doing, i just think everyone could use a little background information
Have you searched through any of his posts to help you get an answer to your question? He has posted some of his experience in different forms of motorsports. Also, he has shown to have access to equipment most "tuner" shops have not shown. I think in the short time he has been here he has shown that he will be a great addition to the Evo community.

No need to prove anything additional to me Indy, Much appreciate the direction you are traveling in.....I need a CF IM
Old May 4, 2008 | 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
Have you searched through any of his posts to help you get an answer to your question? He has posted some of his experience in different forms of motorsports. Also, he has shown to have access to equipment most "tuner" shops have not shown. I think in the short time he has been here he has shown that he will be a great addition to the Evo community.

No need to prove anything additional to me Indy, Much appreciate the direction you are traveling in.....I need a CF IM
yeah i did, and i didnt see anything substantial, im just asking for some clarification.

I know a lot of people would like to know about a person doing something as delicate as headwork

like I said, im not doubting him, I just think a formal introduction is required
Old May 4, 2008 | 12:16 PM

Will you be doing any velocity testing and wet flow testing? Any chance of getting close to the EVO X intake flow numbers without much if any loss in velocity? If so I'm very interested.
Old May 4, 2008 | 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Getting close to upgrading the head for my IX so yes, I am interested
Old May 4, 2008 | 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02

Think about nearly every level above what 99.999% of the posters in these forums have been involved in, and you'll pretty much have his credentials. Indy and I spoke yesterday for an hour and I thought I knew most of the 'tricks' in doing a project, but I learned something new in a short conversation. This is one of the guys who HASN'T forgotten most of what he knows. Besides that, he's willing to bring us 'high level' innovations through Buschur Racing. We'll not only get the latest, greatest, but all of the typical Buschur testing. It can't get much sweeter than that.
Old May 4, 2008 | 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

I agree that he is most certainly an asset to the Evom forums. The demand will be there once a final product is in Davids hands and the HP gains are proven.

Last edited by warp9; May 4, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 4, 2008 | 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

You have my interest for an Evo IX head.
Old May 4, 2008 | 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

justboosted02, The last time I said anything about what I have done I was flamed, so to answer your question...no I will not say anything, I will let the results of my work do my talking for me... 9sec9, Thank You.

Last edited by Indy Evo; May 4, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old May 4, 2008 | 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Think about nearly every level above what 99.999% of the posters in these forums have been involved in, and you'll pretty much have his credentials. Indy and I spoke yesterday for an hour and I thought I knew most of the 'tricks' in doing a project, but I learned something new in a short conversation. This is one of the guys who HASN'T forgotten most of what he knows. Besides that, he's willing to bring us 'high level' innovations through Buschur Racing. We'll not only get the latest, greatest, but all of the typical Buschur testing. It can't get much sweeter than that.

Well I guess if buschur puts his stamp of approval on it then it will be good enough for me
Old May 4, 2008 | 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I am game for an VIII head along with one of those magical intake manifolds

Quick Reply: New "Indy" CNC cylinder Head