Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1680WHP - Buschur Racing Pump Gas Domination!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008 | 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Congratulations to you guys. This has to be the most incredible testimony for an engine builder and tuner. Have three cars come out and run 10's on pump with no real problems. Pretty cool. Your making a lot of Evo owners jealous of not being in Ohio.

I want to see another shop match this.
Old May 5, 2008 | 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

this is ****ing awesome!!! i will be sending my car to buschur from socal in the next couple months, so i hope i can enjoy my car as much as you guys do, because so far i have not been able to.
Old May 5, 2008 | 06:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Great write up Tim!

Im glad yesterday went well for all of you and all of you had a good day at the track. Glad to be a part of all of your builds. You're a good group of guys!
Old May 5, 2008 | 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Tim, Jeff, and Eric. Great job guys. You all have some bad *** cars. I cant wait to see you all run some 9's!
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
I want to see another shop match this.

BRING IT!

This was the first time out for all three of us with our cars working almost 100% correctly. My car was the only one that didn't have a problem. I guarantee our times will drop a couple tenths by just getting used to driving the cars. Jeff and I need good coilovers which will help with the launch and I need a better street tire.

I’m pulling off high 1.6 60ft. now. With coilovers and a good tire, I can see low 1.6/high 1.5 60ft, which is 2 tenths of a second at the big end.
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks OKIX! Yesterday was an awesome day. I’m at work now and I’m still grinning ear to ear! I’d be going crazy here except for the fact that I’m going to play golf in about an hour.

After all the problems I had with my STI and not having a shop that would stand behind their work, it was nice to be able to drive the car 600 miles round trip, get a C-16 tune, do a couple pulls on the street and make 6 10 second passes at the track without a single issue. And it’s really nice having your tuner at the track with you. It lets you focus on driving the car and not have to worry about looking at the logs and make changes between runs.

The car is also very streetable! It get’s 20+MPG. Its quiet, doesn’t stall, doesn’t have any major hiccups in the AEM map and run’s like stink when the redneck Mustang GT owner thinks his car is fast!!

It was funny…..I was sitting in line waiting to run yesterday and there was this guy with a tubbed 68 Camaro parked next to me. He saw my 10.80 dial-in and thought that’s not too bad for 1/8th mile time out of a 4 banger. Then he saw the POS IROC Camaro behind me with a 15.xx dial-in and knew those were faster in the 1/8th than that. That’s when he came up to me and started asking questions. He was amazed that I was running that kind of time. Then I told him it was pump gas and he about fell over! I told him 9’s will happen on race gas. He asked about streetability…I told him I drove the thing 3 hours to get to the track. He was amazed to say the least.
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Great Job GUYS!

What impressed me the most is the level of support that Dave provides to his customers... Going to the track, working out any issues, and standing behind his work!

I just may drive my car out from NJ to you guys!
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

thats sick... very nice post.. cant wait to hit the track myself
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

you guys have cages?
Old May 5, 2008 | 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

^^no and we aren't planning on getting them!
Old May 5, 2008 | 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

damn wish we had tracks around here like that...
Old May 5, 2008 | 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by socalmr
this is ****ing awesome!!! i will be sending my car to buschur from socal in the next couple months, so i hope i can enjoy my car as much as you guys do, because so far i have not been able to.
I hear you man, i think these cars prove now you can enjoy your car much more with full power.i am glad i decided to not spend my money and wait for this. I can't wait to send mine too and shut up all the EVOhaters
Old May 5, 2008 | 08:10 AM
Former Sponsor

SloRice, David told me about your build, awesome, you know there is more left in it and we will all be waiting for your next adventure.
Old May 5, 2008 | 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

good job gys!!!
Old May 5, 2008 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
SloRice, David told me about your build, awesome, you know there is more left in it and we will all be waiting for your next adventure.
Thanks Jim. I'm really excited to see the final results of your intake manifold testing as that will most likely be what I'm going with in the future. I also know David can definitely lean on the tune a little more. But its safe, reliable and I THINK I took the pump gas ET record from Trent.

I have a few other little things I want to do, but for the most part, I’m happy with it. I think I can go 10.40’s on street tires. Then get with David and borrow his wheels and tires and go 9’s on pump gas.

Ps – have any job openings for mechanical engineers??

Quick Reply: 1680WHP - Buschur Racing Pump Gas Domination!