Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE vs Shep T-Case Rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

TRE vs Shep T-Case Rebuild.

I've been looking around and doing search on a new t-case, not getting the deathwine yet, surprizingly enough with 55K, however the boot it leaking. I looked around for a comparsion between these and I looked at a lot of pleased reviews however never found anything that compared them to one another. I was wondering if there was any difference? other then the selected LSD from each. And which would everyone recomend?

Last edited by FloopyDisk; May 7, 2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old May 7, 2008 | 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Shep trans

I drove my car up to Shep's in Febuary and dropped it off for a tranny rebuild because it was making a wicked bad, low speed noise (like a CV gone bad sound). He pulled the tranny and t-case, rebuilt everything and reinstalled them for me. While he had my car I had him replace all the belts since I was over 60k miles. He was very reasonable for the labor to r&r the stuff and change out the belts. Last year I r&r'ed my clutch and installed a Quaife LSD, on my back, with jack stands and a floor jack, in my garage. I was happy to pay his fee!!

As far as your LSD choice goes, if you have an 05 or up it's not an issue cause yours is good to go I think. The Mitsu LSD is ok, AMS used it in thier car when the Quaife was not available. The Quaife is expensive and sometimes hard to get.

From my experience, you can not go wrong with Shep. He is renowned around the world for rebuilding DSM and EVO stuff. Great guy, nice shop, excellent customer service.

John
Old May 7, 2008 | 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FloopyDisk
I've been looking around and doing search on a new t-case, not getting the deathwine yet, surprizingly enough with 55K, however the boot it leaking. I looked around for a comparsion between these and I looked at a lot of pleased reviews however never found anything that compared them to one another. I was wondering if there was any difference? other then the selected LSD from each. And which would everyone recomend?
well shep is the route i went but i have no experience with tre CAUSE I COULD NOT GET AHOLD OF ANYBODY, i have a fully built shep trans in my car and love it

(most important part make sure u fill the t-case complety to the top) trust me i speak from expericence
Old May 7, 2008 | 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't dealt with TRE, although I have heard good things.

I personally am running a Shep Ultimate Ratio tranny and it was built & delivered quickly and has been a pleasure to drive.