Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any AFR graph ?
Old May 9, 2008, 12:42 PM
EE
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Martin@AMS
please don't speculate, unless it is tested back to back on the same car it's really a guess. Was the graph on FP's site at the same boost level or was each turbo maxed out? My test was nothing changed but turbo's, same boost level, same gas, same car, ect.

According to fp, they say both tests were done back to back on the same car, same boost level range (38-40) as they say.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...de=NTGT3582HTA

What I did was kind of guess work... Waiting for a back to back test with the HTA35
Old May 9, 2008, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
we will do what we can for a back to back test. Right now we have a customers car here that is pretty wild

AMS 2.3
AMS Race head
AMS HTA37R Turbo Kit
AMS Drag Plenum VSR
AEM EMS

This is the same car we did the HTA37R test on a couple of weeks ago. Since we have added a Drag plenum VSR. We are going to tune it on the HTA37R now and then switch to the GT850R to see what gains can be made. We are fairly certain it will make more power and spool quicker then the HTA37R Hopefully we can get this test done early next week for you guys

Eric
Old May 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Martin,

So your same car/dyno (different day) graph from this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330186&highlight=AMS+HTA

overlays nicely with this current graph in this current thread. Doing so, it looks like the HTA rocks them all. However, you're saying that you have different cams in currently than you did from that pull, correct? The reason I ask, is that if you overlay the two identically scaled graphs, it seems that your current cams are not that great. As the old cams with the HTA turbo have a much better curve/power across board. I'll not ask you to say what cams you have in currently, but I'd be interested to know which ones you were running at the time of the first graph. Of course that then leads to the question of what the result would have looked like with the same cams for all.

Sorry for the off topic guys, but I too, as an enthusiast, want to know the scoop. I'm also thinking about going "big". I want to not only know what the "kit" could produce, but also the details to relatively duplicate the results myself from a far. WITH IN REASON OF COURSE!
Old May 11, 2008, 04:18 AM
Account Disabled

When will this Turbo kit be available?
Old May 11, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

These tests are great but why don't you guys include the torque for your recent cam and turbo tests? Isn't the whole point of the HTA better low and mid-range torque like the hta35r tests have shown? The torque is a main factor for the customer purchase, so why not include it?
Old May 11, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

would like to see what this would do on 93 oct.
Old May 11, 2008, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zeus
Martin,

So your same car/dyno (different day) graph from this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330186&highlight=AMS+HTA

overlays nicely with this current graph in this current thread. Doing so, it looks like the HTA rocks them all. However, you're saying that you have different cams in currently than you did from that pull, correct? The reason I ask, is that if you overlay the two identically scaled graphs, it seems that your current cams are not that great. As the old cams with the HTA turbo have a much better curve/power across board. I'll not ask you to say what cams you have in currently, but I'd be interested to know which ones you were running at the time of the first graph. Of course that then leads to the question of what the result would have looked like with the same cams for all.

Sorry for the off topic guys, but I too, as an enthusiast, want to know the scoop. I'm also thinking about going "big". I want to not only know what the "kit" could produce, but also the details to relatively duplicate the results myself from a far. WITH IN REASON OF COURSE!
Correct different cams, different boost levels, different tune, ect. You cannot compare those two graphs. I would have to put the 35HTA back on my car now but I already have another set of cams in the car from the previous turbo test. My car has seen so much dyno action the past few months it's silly. I think I ran probably 20 different cam combination, more than I'm just posting because I tried stuff like stock intake and HKS 272 exhaust, then stock exhaust and then HKS 272 intake, ect. Then I've tested about 12 different turbos also in the past few months. It takes a lot of time and nobody pays me to do it. Hopefully what we learn means we can promote better product and hopefully customers come to us for those needs and not internet price choppers
Old May 11, 2008, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bolio
These tests are great but why don't you guys include the torque for your recent cam and turbo tests? Isn't the whole point of the HTA better low and mid-range torque like the hta35r tests have shown? The torque is a main factor for the customer purchase, so why not include it?

Torque gains follow hp gains, so you follow the trend. I'm out of town right now but I'll have Chris check and see if he can put up tq on there but I'm fairly certain we had some ignition pickup issue with one of the runs, hence no torque to display. I made a spreadsheet to calculate tq from gear ratio and speed but i don't have that with me.
If torque was the main factor for buying a turbo then I'd say go with a stock turbo on race gas at 35psi, or maybe a 30R maxed out. I think the advantage of the HTA35 over the GT35R is that is has a better power/torque curve, it spools a little earlier and carries more power to redline. Depending on the application some people will sacrifice some spool for more power up top. Now it's up to shops and companies to bring out turbos that will give you more power without sacrificing too much.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

^^Gotcha, thanks for the response
Old May 11, 2008, 01:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Correct different cams, different boost levels, different tune, ect. You cannot compare those two graphs. I would have to put the 35HTA back on my car now but I already have another set of cams in the car from the previous turbo test. My car has seen so much dyno action the past few months it's silly. I think I ran probably 20 different cam combination, more than I'm just posting because I tried stuff like stock intake and HKS 272 exhaust, then stock exhaust and then HKS 272 intake, ect. Then I've tested about 12 different turbos also in the past few months. It takes a lot of time and nobody pays me to do it. Hopefully what we learn means we can promote better product and hopefully customers come to us for those needs and not internet price choppers
While I get the "free" R&D punch, I don't get the "internet price choppers" part.

The two most consistent "top dog" shops offer a lot of "free" info on their products (AMS being one of them)... that is a plus, as those enthusiasts "in the know" would be less interested in the products otherwise.

I hope the "internet price choppers" had nothing to do with me as I do not sale turbos, or turbo kits. I am however looking for something for myself, and am not decided. Makes me the "customer" in this respect. Matter of fact, I'm still following four companies for a kit, and will be choosing between those in the end. Yours and and one other are the remaining two that I've not grilled, nor done enough research on the end product.

Back on topic, and to your turbo, it still seems that the GT35 HTA/? boost/? cam combo/? tune made better power than the above graph. So with that, I hope you do indeed do a back to back to show what the new combination/turbo is worth across the board. Keeping in mind that it's my understanding that BOTH of these are turbos you offer.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

By Internet Price Choppers I meant internet retailers who will take that info and offer a sale on those parts for $5 over cost.

I love doing research and testing things, it's part of my passion for motorsports.
HTA vs. GT35 graph was at 34psi. The HTA held 34psi, while the regular GT35 spiked to 34 and dropped to 32psi. The HTA35 I tested was sold. We'll see what time allows and if we get a hold of another HTA 35 that someone will let us test before we sell it.
Old May 11, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

It takes a lot of time and nobody pays me to do it. Hopefully what we learn means we can promote better product and hopefully customers come to us for those needs and not internet price choppers
I feel your pain and any true evo enthusiast will know and appreciate what your guys are doing. You're taking a true engineering approach to the product developement of your parts and those who care really know the added cost is worth it.
And screw the hacks/on-line price choppers...ebay FTW
Old May 11, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
we will do what we can for a back to back test. Right now we have a customers car here that is pretty wild

AMS 2.3
AMS Race head
AMS HTA37R Turbo Kit
AMS Drag Plenum VSR
AEM EMS

This is the same car we did the HTA37R test on a couple of weeks ago. Since we have added a Drag plenum VSR. We are going to tune it on the HTA37R now and then switch to the GT850R to see what gains can be made. We are fairly certain it will make more power and spool quicker then the HTA37R Hopefully we can get this test done early next week for you guys

Eric
I will be waiting for the result
Old May 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^ +1

Quick Reply: New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R