Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Killboy
I'm glad somebody's translating for him.

Look, he may be the best tuner in the world, nobody is arguing that, but he clearly does not understand the benefit of standards. When he's got the Dyno jacked up to show a stock Evo making 280whp, it causes confusion among the community.

Thanks for the invite, but I would never have anything to do with someone that deceives their customers and then argues with a veteran's totally rational reasoning.
Killboy,

He DID NOT JACK UP THE NUMBERS..... If the number are jacked up it is the owner of the dyno that has it calibrated that way. It has nothing to do with BlowoffSilver (Kasey). He is a good tuner, because I know who taught him alot of it.

He doesnt deceive anyone. He just tunes there cars to get the timing and a/f right and tries to make a solid smooth power curve.

I dont know who the hell you are talking about being a veteran. Blowoffsilver has been around longer than WAR.. WAR makes decent points. Whenever I post about this dyno, I always say that it is calibrated to read like a dynojet, because thats what the owner of the dyno told me about 3 or 4 years ago.

Brian
Old May 14, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evilbada
OP, your evo is no where near fast. It's just an average bolt on evo.
I dont think you have any scientific method of determining how fast this car is from your "arm chair". You have no idea if it's above average / below average / or just average.

Then you come to emphasize you made 380whp on Mustang dyno...haha...
He did, and he has a printout from a Mustang Dyno to backup his "claim".

I'll be surprised if your car doesn't blow up, looking at the deceitfulness of your tuner
I dont think the tuner was deceitful in any way. Most knowledgable people know that comparing numbers from different dyno's is a exercise in futility. I'm sure the tuner has nothing to do wth the calibration of the machine. If it's consistant then it serves the tuner's needs. If you want accurate HP numbers that can be compared Dyno to Dyno then I've heard the DynoJet inertia machines are the best for this. If your wanting to get your car tuned proper then you should look for a shop with a loading dyno. The reason why most tuners like Mustangs is not because of the numbers they spit out but due to the fact that when you tune with them the tunes need very little touch up if any. If their Mustang is calibrated to read more like a DynoJet then good for them, they won't have as many people going to the neighboring DynoJet tuner because he gives them bigger numbers. You really have to understand that some shop owners want thier dyno to be accurate instead of "low reading".
I made 411whp on mustang dyno @6250rpm with big turbo and built motor & head.
Those numbers are unimpressive, there are stock turbo cars making more power than that. Let me guess, those are low reading dyno numbers right? Now who's being deceitful.

You're saying your little stocker flows only a bit less than my T61..
I dont think airflow numbers were ever claimed. His stock turbo might push more air at 30psi than you do at 22psi though. And his car might be tuned better than your car. I dont know, maybe you two could race and find out.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBS
I don't know how you guys can trust him to tune your cars with his poor English and dyno setup procedure. I just don't trust backyard tuners with no engineering background.
You think Buschur or Dynoflash has an Engineering background, you friggin moron?? Dynoflash Al used to be a friggin lawyer. Dave Buschur will confess to being a back yard mechanic who went big time, but no engineering background. Would you trust him to tune your car???

Brian
Old May 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

OP, your evo is no where near fast. It's just an average bolt on evo.

Then you come to emphasize you made 380whp on Mustang dyno...haha...

I'll be surprised if your car doesn't blow up, looking at the deceitfulness of your tuner.

I made 411whp on mustang dyno @6250rpm with big turbo and built motor & head.

You're saying your little stocker flows only a bit less than my T61..

This has got to be the funniest thread of the month.
Bring your big bad *** T61 car down here and get destroyed by an FP Green car on E85. Stock motor, stock head, and a little *** turbo.

Thats some EGO for your ***.

Brian

Last edited by TURBODAWG; May 14, 2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Thanks for the info Brian. And if your car was the Blue Evo X there with the Exhaust....it looked SIICK.

To be honest, I hated the X's until I saw yours.
Your welcome. Yes that was my Blue X there.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I dont think you have any scientific method of determining how fast this car is from your "arm chair". You have no idea if it's above average / below average / or just average.

He did, and he has a printout from a Mustang Dyno to backup his "claim".

I dont think the tuner was deceitful in any way. Most knowledgable people know that comparing numbers from different dyno's is a exercise in futility. I'm sure the tuner has nothing to do wth the calibration of the machine. If it's consistant then it serves the tuner's needs. If you want accurate HP numbers that can be compared Dyno to Dyno then I've heard the DynoJet inertia machines are the best for this. If your wanting to get your car tuned then you should look for a shop with a loading dyno. The reason why most tuners like Mustangs is not because of the numbers they spit out but due to the fact that when you tune with them the tunes need very little touch up if any. If their Mustang is calibrated to read more like a DynoJet then good for them, they won't have as many people going to the neighboring DynoJet tuner because he gives them bigger numbers. You really have to understand that some shop owners want thier dyno to be accurate instead of "low reading".

Those numbers are unimpressive, there are stock turbo cars making more power than that. Let me guess, those are low reading dyno numbers right? Now who's being deceitful.

I dont think airflow numbers were ever claimed. His stock turbo might push more air at 30psi than you do at 22psi though. And his car might be tuned better than your car. I dont know, maybe you two could race and find out.

I trapped 122 mph with 386whp on that dyno. 127-128 mph with 430whp. You do the math.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
Your welcome. Yes that was my Blue X there.
Thanks for somewhat helping to clear this thread up.
Old May 14, 2008, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPEED
I trapped 122 mph with 386whp on that dyno. 127-128 mph with 430whp. You do the math.
Ok, let me know what your car weighs and I'll do the math.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 14, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Did I honestly just read 10 pages of this bull****? Blowoffsilver you are an idiot. Step back from the computer and read some of the crap that comes out of your mouth. How are you trying to justify this dyno when stock evo's make 280awhp on it?
Old May 14, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

i do have a ? first off i have a 06 evo IX mr i have a TBE, UICP,LICP,FMIC, AEM Intake, HKS 272 MIVEC cams, walbro 255, and 25 psi on a halman MBC i put down 344whp and 349 wtq on a dyno jet my car is tuned my sean glazer at extrememotorsports but of my ZT2 wideband i run rich on a WOT pull on 4th gear my car afr's will read 11.1 afr is that too rich? am i getting robbed of power or do those mods sound right for the amount of power that i have
Old May 14, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

11.1 : 1 afr is just fine.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

is that to rich my turbo spec v i tuned to a 11.7 closer to a 12.0 should i have more power is my ? or does that sound about right for 25 psi on a IX
Old May 15, 2008, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by BBS
I don't know how you guys can trust him to tune your cars with his poor English and dyno setup procedure. I just don't trust backyard tuners with no engineering background.
Originally Posted by BBS
oh **** an e-thug. Never knew they really existed. Learn English and get back at me. I trust tuners like Sean ivey that have degrees in software engineering and can eloquently present an argument. Not some kid that backyard tunes for a six pack of bud.
You sir are teh douche

~

In all though i know tyler, He is a cool kid and hes happy with his tune and Kasey is a good tuner. Just because he is not some "uber" internet star tuner does not mean you should doubt his knowledge on tuning and talk crap about him.

I tryed to stay away from this post but some of you guys "NOT ALL" are just uping your post counts and talking smack for no reason.

get a life, take a break from the internet go get some air.

Last edited by Evoz; May 15, 2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old May 15, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, let me know what your car weighs and I'll do the math.
Full weight, DD with everything still in it. I dont want to guess, but you can do the math.
Old May 15, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

I don't need any equations to figure out he's car is just an 'average bolt on' evo.

He did, and he has a printout from a Mustang Dyno to backup his "claim"..
That's not the point here. In a real world, there's no way in hell stock turboed evo with this much mod makes that much power on a proper reading mustang dyno.
Either OP doesn't even know how a properly set up mustang dyno reads or he thinks he's evo is super mega freak.

I dont think the tuner was deceitful in any way. Most knowledgable people know that comparing numbers from different dyno's is a exercise in futility. I'm sure the tuner has nothing to do wth the calibration of the machine. If it's consistant then it serves the tuner's needs. If you want accurate HP numbers that can be compared Dyno to Dyno then I've heard the DynoJet inertia machines are the best for this. If your wanting to get your car tuned proper then you should look for a shop with a loading dyno. The reason why most tuners like Mustangs is not because of the numbers they spit out but due to the fact that when you tune with them the tunes need very little touch up if any. If their Mustang is calibrated to read more like a DynoJet then good for them, they won't have as many people going to the neighboring DynoJet tuner because he gives them bigger numbers. You really have to understand that some shop owners want thier dyno to be accurate instead of "low reading".
He's deceitful because as a tuner he SHOULD know the number OP got was not an accurate measure of his true horsepower. And yet, he either FAILED to inform the OP or chose NOT to inform the OP. Either way he FAILED as a tuner because he led a customer believe in such rediculous number.

I can't believe this is coming from someone with more than 1000 post counts.

I never said anything about racing anyone.
Some e-thugs out of nowhere with their badass 'green' and '37r' did.

Last edited by evilbada; May 15, 2008 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635