Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mx4life85
You guys can flame me if you want, but I am sure that the wastegate added a TON of power. I wish someone else would just do the same mods on there IX, NOT A MBC, but just a wastegate ($100 from forced performance), and see what they come up with.
Not to add to the flame pit, but... the fact is, your torque tapered 50ft-lbs between 5500RPM and 7000RPM, which is where the stock turbo cannot supply sufficient flow.

For reference, my personal IX stock turbo, stock WGA also tapered exactly 50ft-lbs between 5500RPM and 7000RPM on a Mustang dyno.

Your chart goes from 336 ft-lbs to 286 ft-lbs (5500 to 7000).
My chart goes from 275 ft-lbs to 225 ft-lbs (5500 to 7000).

This is also inline with what everyone is saying, the dyno is reading about 60whp higher than a typical Mustang.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I'm interested. Did you guys log boost by chance? I would really like to see some data that validates the gains. Also, I might be willing to try the wastegate as well. I'd like to see a little more data though as money is tight. Does your car hold boost 100% or something? Maybe Casey can post some logs with timing and fuel removed so we can see.
I'll ask him in the thread if he can. I think he has the stuff saved on his laptop. And yeah, my car holds the boost like...really great!. It tapers off to 21 from 23 at the very top of the RPMs.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Not to spark even more debate but I don't think anyone has noticed the letters "WC" by the torque and horsepower. "Weather Control" This could mean two things. This mustang has a Weather Station running or it's like BR where it had one at one point but it's turned off and the operator hasn't de-installed anything.

If the Weather Station is indeed running, getting the actual correction percentage that was done on this pull would give more data on the information in question.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Not to spark even more debate but I don't think anyone has noticed the letters "WC" by the torque and horsepower. "Weather Control" This could mean two things. This mustang has a Weather Station running or it's like BR where it had one at one point but it's turned off and the operator hasn't de-installed anything.

If the Weather Station is indeed running, getting the actual correction percentage that was done on this pull would give more data on the information in question.
I actually remember something about that after the dyno. At first I got like 380HP..and then they (people at the dyno machine) were like wait, we have to correct it for the temperature. Or something like that. Maybee that has something to do with my numbers?
Old May 15, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys can flame me if you want, but I am sure that the wastegate added a TON of power. I wish someone else would just do the same mods on there IX, NOT A MBC, but just a wastegate ($100 from forced performance), and see what they come up with.
I don't have the forge wastegate but I have the DIY external spring wastegate. All I can say is WOW! What a major difference that spring did to my car, and I am un-tuned. I only lose 1-2(sometimes 3) psi at 7k rpm.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
I don't have the forge wastegate but I have the DIY external spring wastegate. All I can say is WOW! What a major difference that spring did to my car, and I am un-tuned. I only lose 1-2(sometimes 3) psi at 7k rpm.
There you go. Just imagine the real thing (Not sure what the DIY is...I don't even know how mine is setup or anything, Kasey installed it) and then imagine a kickass tune. And then add 23PSI to the mix.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab

ding ding

We might have a winner.

I actually remember something about that after the dyno. At first I got like 380HP..and then they (people at the dyno machine) were like wait, we have to correct it for the temperature. Or something like that. Maybee that has something to do with my numbers?
What were the corrected numbers? Did you make any other pulls?

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 15, 2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

ding ding

We might have a winner.
Yeah but no offense, it seemed like there were alot of really smart people in the thread like that Warrlthon guy or w/e that new alot about dynos. I know NOTHING about them or anything really on that sheet.

Wouldn't that "WC" thing be an obvious thing to look for?
Old May 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe if your a mustang dyno operator - razor has one.

We dont have an awd dyno in our region.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 15, 2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
ding ding

We might have a winner.

What were the corrected numbers? Did you make any other pulls?

These are corrected numbers.

A Mustang Dyno that has correction enabled will show the "WC" which his chart shows.

Either the correction is working WAY too much in his favor (the Dyno assumes it's very hot and humid even though it isn't) or there is some other problem with correction that is boosting his numbers.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shameless Tuning
These are corrected numbers.

A Mustang Dyno that has correction enabled will show the "WC" which his chart shows.

Either the correction is working WAY too much in his favor (the Dyno assumes it's very hot and humid even though it isn't) or there is some other problem with correction that is boosting his numbers.
It was very hot that day in the dyno room, atleast 90 degrees F.

Don't know if that matters at all or not? But before it corrected it I had around 380hp..not sure about the TQ. Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. I only have the "corrected" dyno sheets.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Yea it's a bit of a bummer that the Mustang doesn't print out the correction factors on the power charts. They can be printed out on another sheet that shows a bunch of other info as well. I just don't think anyone does it.

We don't use a weather station so I don't have to deal with it.

I've had a customer go to another local mustang dyno that does use weather correction and his car read 30whp lower on that day. He called me, obviously pissed and wondering where his 30whp went. I told him to swing by the shop and I'll strap er' down. Same day, same general location and temp and his 30whp was back and his hp was within 8whp of what it was 5 months before on our dyno. Imagine that.

Some people use weather correction for evil and some use it for good.

Last edited by razorlab; May 15, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

So does this mean that my numbers are accurate, or inaccurate?
Old May 15, 2008, 10:03 PM
EvoM Guru

So does this mean that my numbers are accurate, or inaccurate?
Just another piece of the puzzle, there are other things that can change numbers on the Mustang dyno, roller weight entered, etc etc
Old May 15, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

haha I give up.

It feels pretty fast, and I would take it to the track except I don't want to

A- pay for it
B- launch it
C- waste gas driving there
D- don't care enough.

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635