Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mx4life85
haha I give up.

It feels pretty fast, and I would take it to the track except I don't want to

A- pay for it
B- launch it
C- waste gas driving there
D- don't care enough.
Lol! As long as your happy with it man. Your car, so it serves you more purpose than anybody else.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by mx4life85
haha I give up.

It feels pretty fast, and I would take it to the track except I don't want to

A- pay for it
B- launch it
C- waste gas driving there
D- don't care enough.
If you are happy with your own evo then that is what matters.
Old May 16, 2008, 05:53 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Engine tuning aside, since were discussing determining the most accurate whp.

Why would you believe its more accurate to base the whp calculation off of the amount of variable electrical current applied to a magnet that produces a brake effect on the roller compared to measuring whp by computing the accelleration of a fixed rotational mass.
There, is the common misconception.
There isn't a contraption that accurately measures HP. It measures torque. HP is the result of that calculation.
I choose to use an eddy based load to simulate real world conditions in steady state. WOT dyno pulls are just for baselines to get the car dialed in until we get to the track or just the street for that matter. I like being able to load a vehicle to the point where I can see how it is reacting under various critical conditions.
The "calculation" of a numerical value is of little relevance to me.
Old May 16, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

all it matter that your happy and im happy for you, thats how is all should be like not other evo member talking **** about each and putting each other down.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Just another piece of the puzzle, there are other things that can change numbers on the Mustang dyno, roller weight entered, etc etc
They were talking about setting something to 3650 or 3250. Would that be the roller weight? If so, where should it be set for running an Evo 8, 9 , or X ?

Brian
Old May 16, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
Not to spark even more debate but I don't think anyone has noticed the letters "WC" by the torque and horsepower. "Weather Control" This could mean two things. This mustang has a Weather Station running or it's like BR where it had one at one point but it's turned off and the operator hasn't de-installed anything.

If the Weather Station is indeed running, getting the actual correction percentage that was done on this pull would give more data on the information in question.
I've never noticed that before. My previous two dyno's didn't have the WC on the sheets whereas this one does. Makes me a little less excited about my recent numbers.
Old May 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe its just me but i have some more mods and on a Dyno Dynamics dyno which reads very close to the same pulled for 290HP. Those readings on a mustang dyno seemed kinda high to me for those mods anyway unless thats one HELL of a tune.
Old May 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by urslo4n8
Maybe its just me but i have some more mods and on a Dyno Dynamics dyno which reads very close to the same pulled for 290HP. Those readings on a mustang dyno seemed kinda high to me for those mods anyway unless thats one HELL of a tune.
let me introduce you to the first 14 pages of the thread
Old May 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mcwop23
let me introduce you to the first 14 pages of the thread
You guys need to change your settings. This is just the start of page 3 for me
Old May 16, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I'm interested. Did you guys log boost by chance? I would really like to see some data that validates the gains. Also, I might be willing to try the wastegate as well. I'd like to see a little more data though as money is tight. Does your car hold boost 100% or something? Maybe Casey can post some logs with timing and fuel removed so we can see.

Are you talking about an actual wastegate, or a wastegate actuator with preload?
I dont log boost because it really dont help me tune any, lol. But i can tell you it never dropped past 21psi on the dyno and im sure thats why his tork dropped. But from what I can tell you is that their is a certain boost controller out there, that can make a stock turbo hold 22 to 24psi all the way through the gear. Heres the vid for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSHpnLPqWY ENJOY
Old May 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
I dont log boost because it really dont help me tune any, lol. But i can tell you it never dropped past 21psi on the dyno and im sure thats why his tork dropped. But from what I can tell you is that their is a certain boost controller out there, that can make a stock turbo hold 22 to 24psi all the way through the gear. Heres the vid for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSHpnLPqWY ENJOY
Nice! So, would you happen to know and more info on this certain boost controller?
Old May 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
They were talking about setting something to 3650 or 3250. Would that be the roller weight? If so, where should it be set for running an Evo 8, 9 , or X ?

Brian
Vehicle weight with driver maybe. Did anyone log the car in EvoScan while it was run on the dyno? We can just run it through DLL if someone did.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
There, is the common misconception.
I never indicated that misconception. I know how the various dynos function, I learned in school but wanted to know what your thoughts were.

You've got the right tool for doing your job and that's what you care about. IMO Dyno -> Dyno comparison is a waste of everyones time unless you have a baseline on both, which I said in my first post.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 16, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

mx4life85, change your sig.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Nice! So, would you happen to know and more info on this certain boost controller?
HKS EVC 6.

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635