Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I doubt you would make that much honestly. Another Evo8 with 272s, 880s, basic bolt-ons, and an Evo9 turbo on pump gas didn't break 400 the same day. Taylors car seems to run very strong for the mods.
ya I would say very strong indeed.. I would think I would at least be making that.. I still think there is something up with the readings.. oh well, gl with the future mods
Old May 12, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Mr. Evo IX, both would be around 116-117mph, but it depends on what you mean by "full weight IX." People always use the terms "full weight" and "bone stock" when neither are true. Also, there are many versions of the IX - all with different stock weights.
I guess by full weight I mean no specific weight reduction mods. I realize if you have an aftermarket TBE you've probably removed some weight over the stock system, and most people remove their spare when they race. I agree with your point but I think we can agree most people consider cars to be "full weight" with light mods and no removal of parts other than the spare and tools.

Removal of crash beams, interior, battery, etc would be an intentional weight reduction and I would'nt consider such a car "full weight".

IMO It's plausable that a IX with those mods could make 380whp on a DynoJet with a good high boost tune. I'm betting that Mustang has some kind of correction applied so that it reads like a DynoJet.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 12, 2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mx4life85
Do I really need a MBC if I'm not tapering off at my boost level?
No. It looks like your boost is tuned already. You don't need a MBC.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressive numbers. But might be little unrealistic.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Numbers seem awfully inflated to me. I bet it would put down less on a Dynojet. Bring it to the track see what it runs. I went 378whp on a DJ on 93octane and went 118.00mph, so if you can run 117+, the numbers are legit.
Old May 12, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

You know its kind of sad to see fellow evo owners knocking each other off, like their puppets! This is what i have to say about this dyno crap! I tuned the car, and the same dyno has put stock 9's around 270whp and 280whp many times. you may say thats high and thats fine. The reason that he came on here letting you fellow evo owners know how he did, and then you turn it around to rub it in his faced is just plain sorry! Taylors car is a beast! In the same day a evo green 9 with brian crower 272's and buschur fmic and all intercooler pipes with big injectors made 421whp. The guy was mad cause he thought i put more time into taylors. Plain and simple taylor has a beast of a evo 9!

Congrats Taylor!! At least a couple of more guys could give him congrats not unless you guys are sti lovers!
Old May 12, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I have the heaviest version of the Evo and ran 91mph/115mph while making 360ish on this same dyno. I believe 116mph is attainable with the OP's car. With your post I would say that this dyno reads close to a DynoJet. That is if the settings are still the same from when I dynoed a long time ago.

I doubt you would make that much honestly. Another Evo8 with 272s, 880s, basic bolt-ons, and an Evo9 turbo on pump gas didn't break 400 the same day. Taylors car seems to run very strong for the mods.
A I was close with 394 , If only I had MIVEC
Old May 12, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
This is what i have to say about this dyno crap! I tuned the car, and the same dyno has put stock 9's around 270whp and 280whp many times.

OK Thanks for the input. We know now that the dyno is set up to read crank hp. That clears alot up

Just curious why set the dyno to read this way?

Last edited by kreionic; May 12, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

OK Thanks for the input. We know now that the dyno is set up to read crank hp. That clears alot up
this dyno was compared to buschurs dyno! a car dynoed at taylors making 440whp and went to the shootout and dynoed on bushurs and made 390, 50 whp different. Also it was compared to a dynojet with a sti, the sti made 425whp on a dynojet in atlanta but on our dyno made 400whp. So you can make all the spectulation you wont but in the end you kreionic are knocking a fellow evo owner by not telling congrats! Thats pretty sorry in my book.
Old May 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

no worries man. I didnt bash or say anything negative at all. I ask a simple question. Since your the tuner/dyno operator. why did you set up the MD to read crank HP? 270-280 is right around stock crank hp

Last edited by kreionic; May 12, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like your cheating your customers to think what they really have. that or actually taking adavantage of him, wastegate=hp...? sounds like vinyals make hp.
Old May 12, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
no worries man. I didnt bash or say anything negative at all. I ask a simple question. Since your the tuner/dyno operator. why did you set up the MD to read crank HP? 270-280 is right around stock crank hp
i tuned the car and installed the parts, we dyno at www.taylorsimporrt.com. from what keith the owner told me, the dyno had a update about 3 months ago and he has it set up like the mustang dyno company program it, you can see it in the top left on taylors dyno sheet, it reads powerdyne. Now if thats all the smart remarks you have to say! then send a congrats to Taylor (MX4life) and get out!
Old May 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by downshift411
sounds like your cheating your customers to think what they really have. that or actually taking adavantage of him, wastegate=hp...? sounds like vinyals make hp.
I will quote for you too! WE HAD A GUY LEAVE MAD BECAUSE OF WHAT THIS GUY PUT DOWN COMPARED TO HIS! I DO NOT IN ANY WAY TRY TO MAKE MY CUSTOMERS FEEL BETTER BY LYING TO THEM AND WILL NOT BE ACUSE OF IT BECAUSE I AM THE TUNER NOT THE COMPANY WITH THE DYNO!!!!!!!!

GUYS I WILL ASK AGAIN IF YOU WILL PLEASE SEND CONGRATS TO THIS NICE CAR AND FAST NO MATTER THE NUMBERS CAUSE HES PROUD OF IT!
Old May 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
great numbers Taylor, but I hate to tell you that they are inflated. I'm sure the car is strong and that it's tuned well, but don't trust those numbers for any type of comparison to another Evo.
Old May 12, 2008, 02:05 PM

dam good job man

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635