Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
so now you just think you can say 2 years and you remeber, well your pretty funny! you cant prove it because it never happened!! lol so typical evom poster!!! now as for compareing dynos, i could give a rats as s how you compare them, because it was posted what stock cars make and what this car made. if you cant handle that then you need to go post on the mustang forums, because it sounds like your not a evom guru. You are led to beleive that several stock 9's put down 270 to 280 and this car with not much done put down 380, now for that goes i tuned a stock 9 on this dyno it made 270hp and 280tor and tuned it made 319 and 330 with the pill taking out of the stock line! i never said it made 160whp gain and also if you want make spectulations, why dont you go to the mustang forums where you will seem at home!
holy **** dude. just stop talking. step away from the computer.
Old May 12, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JordanS4
holy **** dude. just stop talking. step away from the computer.
i wouldnt have crap to say if all these fellow evo owners would be happy for other people, instead make fun of them and act like they didnt mean to make fun of them!
Old May 12, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing you said here made sense. Let me explain why:

so now you just think you can say 2 years and you remeber, well your pretty funny! you cant prove it because it never happened!! lol so typical evom poster!!!
I did prove it with a link and explanation. Actually, the content of the link says everything for me. Go take a look and see if you remember, because I sure did.

now as for compareing dynos, i could give a rats as s how you compare them, because it was posted what stock cars make and what this car made. if you cant handle that then you need to go post on the mustang forums, because it sounds like your not a evom guru.
Mustang forums? What? I don't know anything about Mustangs, nor do I understand the relevance of Mustangs to this conversation. Anyway, you did not mention what stock IXs do on this dyno until the 51st post...WELL AFTER all the flaming had occurred. Do you not understand this basic principle of the procession of time? Let me help:

1) Thread is created claiming huge numbers with minimal mods and no caveat (maybe you don't know this word?) explaining why the numbers are extremely high. Emphasis is put on the fact that these numbers were achieved on a MUSTANG DYNO, which everyone knows is supposed to read much lower than a Dynojet.

2) Much flaming and disbelief occurs.

3) Many posts later, the tuner (you) pipes up and admits that stock IXs read extremely high on this dyno, thus rendering the claimed numbers non-impressive

4) I quote you and say that no further argument is required now that we understand why the numbers are so high. I also say that numbers from this dyno and others like it should not be posted WITHOUT CONTEXT, which means the stock comparison numbers should be in the original post, not post #51

5) You flip out and go on crazy tangents.

Do you see how things progress over the course of time and how you posting the stock numbers on this dyno way later doesn't help much?

You are led to beleive that several stock 9's put down 270 to 280 and this car with not much done put down 380, now for that goes i tuned a stock 9 on this dyno it made 270hp and 280tor and tuned it made 319 and 330 with the pill taking out of the stock line! i never said it made 160whp gain and also if you want make spectulations, why dont you go to the mustang forums where you will seem at home!
Um, that's my ENTIRE POINT. No one explicitly said these were 160whp gains. It was implied by this guy claiming 378whp on a Mustang dyno with minimal mods!!!! No one has ever seen an MD that reads HIGHER than a Dynojet, and the OP never explained that. Do you think he would be this happy if he was making the exact same power but only had numbers showing 328whp? I doubt it. That's why everyone flamed it. Don't you get it?

I still don't understand the repeated reference to Mustang forums...

Last edited by Warrtalon; May 12, 2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Damn...
Old May 12, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang man, I didn't think this thread would get so big.

Well, I don't really care what numbers I made on the dyno, I could care less. I just like that its fast as hell, and the only reason I dynoed it was so I could get my car fine tuned. I'm sorry if I mis-represented the information. I'm pretty new at this "dyno" thing.
Old May 12, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Dang man, I didn't think this thread would get so big.

Well, I don't really care what numbers I made on the dyno, I could care less. I just like that its fast as hell, and the only reason I dynoed it was so I could get my car fine tuned. I'm sorry if I mis-represented the information. I'm pretty new at this "dyno" thing.
Not your fault - that's the responsibility of your tuner who knows better. In the end, you still have a powerful car with almost no money spent, which is what the point of your thread is. You just didn't realize the whole dyno comparison thing.
Old May 12, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

I'm a big proponent of minimal mod monsters. ~100whp for $635 is an accomplishment! Now go see what it traps.

I can appreciate your frustrations but I wouldnt get upset about it. Your also up against the people that invested thousands to get to the ~350whp mark, and your doing it with ebay parts. When you tell most people that they could have had very similar numbers on a IX without their turbo timer's, walbro's, piggybacks, battery kits, jdm exhausts, intakes, IC piping, bov, fmic, or cams on stock turbo IX's they get a little flustered.

And finally, keep in mind this forum is as much a marketplace for vendors as it is a place for enthusiasts. It's still a great board and it's highly entertaining at times.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 12, 2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Not your fault - that's the responsibility of your tuner who knows better. In the end, you still have a powerful car with almost no money spent, which is what the point of your thread is. You just didn't realize the whole dyno comparison thing.
Yeah, I understand. Regardless of if Kasey messed up the dyno names or w/e you guys were talking about (don't quite understand much of it), he is still one hell of a tuner.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
This whole debate can easily be settled by seeing what the OP's car traps. I bet money it won't be near what a 380awhp Evo normally traps.

OP, I'm not discrediting any gains you've made, and quite frankly I would LOVE to make that much power for that cheap, but those dyno numbers are ridiculously high for your mods. A baseline dyno for your car would've helped immensly in this situation. My opinion, get her to the track and show what she can do.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

When you guys are talking about trap, what exactly do you mean?
Old May 12, 2008, 06:23 PM

your speed in the 1/8 or 1/4.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mx4life85
When you guys are talking about trap, what exactly do you mean?
A quarter mile's end trap speed is a great comparison for how fast a car is... much more accurate than throwing dyno numbers around. Since vehicles all weigh different weights, different dynos give different numbers, and different cars & tunes have different powerbands, a trap speed is a much more accurate way of comparing two cars.

For example, a typical Mustang Dyno, well modded, well tuned, normal weight 380whp Evo would be in the 120-123 mph range.

It's more likely that this car will be in the 112-115 mph range.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shameless Tuning
A quarter mile's end trap speed is a great comparison for how fast a car is... much more accurate than throwing dyno numbers around. Since vehicles all weigh different weights, different dynos give different numbers, and different cars & tunes have different powerbands, a trap speed is a much more accurate way of comparing two cars.

For example, a typical Mustang Dyno, well modded, well tuned, normal weight 380whp Evo would be in the 120-123 mph range.

It's more likely that this car will be in the 112-115 mph range.
Awesome man, thanks for the information.

I would love to do that at the strip, but I am still afraid to launch my car...as weird as that sounds. I baby the hell out of her.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Your trap speed is an average speed at the end of the 1/4 mile. It's a good indicator of the amount of horsepower your engine makes accross the powerband. It is not affected much by the launch at the beginning of the 1/4 mile like the ET is.

You dont need to launch to get a decent trap speed but you do need to floor it (WOT) through the gears and rev the engine to redline in each gear. You dont have to powershift either.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 12, 2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Cheap power, how well does the FP actuator hold boost?

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635