Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
that's my entire point, which I have repeated 3-4 times. You did not give this information until post #51, so how can you complain that people flamed the thread up until that point? these cars would never make near those numbers on a normal Mustang Dyno, and now that we know the scale of the dyno you use, everything is fine and dandy. You have to realize how it can cause confusion when someone comes on and claims 378whp with so few mods without ANY context explaining how the dyno reads MUCH differently than any others like it, right? That's my point, and I never flamed.

No, 121 isn't impressive for 445whp even on a Dynojet much less a Mustang Dyno. If the clutch held for the dyno run, then it would hold even more on the drag run, because there is less load (high rpm = lower torque).
Oh yea your right a stock clutch would hold up just fine on a 5k launch at the dragstrip making 445, rofl. Your so smart I bet your stock clutch got you 20k with going to the dragstrip all the time to, didnt it.

Now my view is the stock clutch will hold fine on the dyno for up 500 from what i have seen, oh thats 500 on the only md dyno that reads high. Also the stock clutch will not hold at the dragstrip with more than 350 at the wheels, oh at our md dyno again on the power. But you do not relize you flamed the minute you entered this thread like you always do. Just because this kid want these parts on his car, like the ebay exhaust doesnt mean you have to flame him. Just because this kid is happy with his results, you dont have to flame him. We never said this dyno reads like buschurs dyno, go check it. I told in my posts what stock 9's make on this dyno, I cant help it if you dont like the way that dyno reads!

Also killboy i have to dragon many times as too i have worked on over 20 evos and tune alot more than that, so yea im probally the newb at this!
Old May 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

+1 on killboy is a noob
Old May 14, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
Also killboy i have to dragon many times as too i have worked on over 20 evos...
Well that clears everything up.
Old May 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You live in NC killboy, why don't you come to one of our meets. You can drive any of our cars pretty much, and Kasey has tuned them all. You should atleast check out our tunes before you call Kasey a noob. Hes far from it.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
You live in NC killboy, why don't you come to one of our meets. You can drive any of our cars pretty much, and Kasey has tuned them all. You should atleast check out our tunes before you call Kasey a noob. Hes far from it.
I'm glad somebody's translating for him.

Look, he may be the best tuner in the world, nobody is arguing that, but he clearly does not understand the benefit of standards. When he's got the Dyno jacked up to show a stock Evo making 280whp, it causes confusion among the community.

Thanks for the invite, but I would never have anything to do with someone that deceives their customers and then argues with a veteran's totally rational reasoning.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
Oh yea your right a stock clutch would hold up just fine on a 5k launch at the dragstrip making 445, rofl. Your so smart I bet your stock clutch got you 20k with going to the dragstrip all the time to, didnt it.

Now my view is the stock clutch will hold fine on the dyno for up 500 from what i have seen, oh thats 500 on the only md dyno that reads high. Also the stock clutch will not hold at the dragstrip with more than 350 at the wheels, oh at our md dyno again on the power. But you do not relize you flamed the minute you entered this thread like you always do. Just because this kid want these parts on his car, like the ebay exhaust doesnt mean you have to flame him. Just because this kid is happy with his results, you dont have to flame him. We never said this dyno reads like buschurs dyno, go check it. I told in my posts what stock 9's make on this dyno, I cant help it if you dont like the way that dyno reads!

Also killboy i have to dragon many times as too i have worked on over 20 evos and tune alot more than that, so yea im probally the newb at this!
Uh, unless you only start your dyno runs AFTER peak torque, then I don't know why you think the dyno (load-bearing no less) is going to put less load on the clutch. When drag racing, you are staying high in the rpms where you have the most WHP and less WTQ unless you have a huge turbo. The clutch slips the worst at peak load, w hich is at peak torque in higher gears. On the launch, it's not as bad. I have personal experience with the stock clutch where I clipped off 12 straight low 1.7 60's without the clutch slipping once, and then on the way home, the clutch was slipping only at peak torque in higher gears. Regardless, you never went back out to prove anything with a REAL clutch, so you have nothing but speculation and conjecture. All we know FOR SURE is that you had a very weak trap speed relative to 445whp on a Mustang Dyno. At the time when you used to post your power numbers, you never mentioned that the MD read higher than Dynojets...

No, I did not flame when I entered this thread. I did not say ANYTHING about Ebay parts. I did not flame the OP for his results. I actually complimented him and helped him understand both why others had negative reactions and why numbers in a vaccuum mean very little in case you didn't notice.

Yes, you told us in post #51 what stock IXs make on this dyno. How many times do I have to say that? Is there something wrong with you that you can't understand how that is way too late? The guy blurted out "380WHP with $635." What if my dyno was calibrated even higher, and I had people coming on here saying "430WHP with $635" but then 50 posts later after tons of flaming, I come in and say, "Oh, well stock IXs put down 330whp on our dyno." Does that not register for you? The only one flaming is you, so feel free to stop whenever you want. In the future, please caveat ALL reports from your dyno with the fact that stock IXs dyno higher there than on any other dyno in the country. Cool?

Last edited by Warrtalon; May 14, 2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old May 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

I don't know how you guys can trust him to tune your cars with his poor English and dyno setup procedure. I just don't trust backyard tuners with no engineering background.
Old May 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maikumaru
dood what is up with your signature...?

mistubishi ha jidousha ni noru...
translated
Mitsubishi rides cars?

makes no sense...

don't really know Japanese.. just threw "Mitsubishi Motors" into Babelfish and that's what came out do you know what it should be
Old May 14, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

As much as I hate to admit it, Warrtalon is making perfect sense. Why is this so hard to understand blowoffsilver?
Old May 14, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBS
I don't know how you guys can trust him to tune your cars with his poor English and dyno setup procedure. I just don't trust backyard tuners with no engineering background.
****ing idiot how do you think all these big tuners started out??? Born with a ****ing laptop in there hands tuning an evo?? This backyard tuner did better job then my last tuner witch who is a big tuner on this board that you would pay over $300 to tune your car. I would be happy to post before and after logs and dll sheet between Kasey and professional tuner but I’m not an ******* like some people who like to put other people down just because they are jealous and don’t have a life.
Old May 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Reading comprehension FTL. blowoffsilver plese re-read the entire thread from the very beginning and you will see why Warrtalon is 100% right on all points.

Everyone will agree with Warrtalon. blowoffsilver start from the beginning before posting again. Warrtalon has beaten his easy to comprehend point to death no need to further emphasize.
Old May 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

+1 dont argue with 20k posts!!!!!!!
Old May 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Uh, unless you only start your dyno runs AFTER peak torque, then I don't know why you think the dyno (load-bearing no less) is going to put less load on the clutch. When drag racing, you are staying high in the rpms where you have the most WHP and less WTQ unless you have a huge turbo. The clutch slips the worst at peak load, w hich is at peak torque in higher gears. On the launch, it's not as bad. I have personal experience with the stock clutch where I clipped off 12 straight low 1.7 60's without the clutch slipping once, and then on the way home, the clutch was slipping only at peak torque in higher gears. Regardless, you never went back out to prove anything with a REAL clutch, so you have nothing but speculation and conjecture. All we know FOR SURE is that you had a very weak trap speed relative to 445whp on a Mustang Dyno. At the time when you used to post your power numbers, you never mentioned that the MD read higher than Dynojets...

I did launch it 5k twice that night and the clutch didnt even grab, but the 121mph pass was a 12.2 and the sixty foot was 2.2, so if you really think it wasnt making the power it was then oh well!

No, I did not flame when I entered this thread. I did not say ANYTHING about Ebay parts. I did not flame the OP for his results. I actually complimented him and helped him understand both why others had negative reactions and why numbers in a vaccuum mean very little in case you didn't notice.

Yes, you told us in post #51 what stock IXs make on this dyno. How many times do I have to say that? Is there something wrong with you that you can't understand how that is way too late? The guy blurted out "380WHP with $635." What if my dyno was calibrated even higher, and I had people coming on here saying "430WHP with $635" but then 50 posts later after tons of flaming, I come in and say, "Oh, well stock IXs put down 330whp on our dyno." Does that not register for you? The only one flaming is you, so feel free to stop whenever you want. In the future, please caveat ALL reports from your dyno with the fact that stock IXs dyno higher there than on any other dyno in the country. Cool?

I will start by saying post 51 was my first time reading this thread and i did post the truth in my first post in this thread. I in no way mislead anyone in this thread to believe this dyno does not read higher than said! Also this car made 100hp more than any other stock 9 put on this dyno, is that not werd or amazing?
You know, im sorry your the smart one here. ROFL what does it take to make you guys believe we are just like you in hunt of horsepower and fun times instead of 100posts and 20 pages of bickering?? I ask you guys to say nice car and nice numbers, then everyone starts blameing me for this mustang dyno and the numbers it puts out?????

I will put my next sentence in capital letters so everyone see's it!!!
I DO NOT WORK AT THIS MUSTANG DYNO, FURTHER MORE I ONLY DID THE TUNING AT THIS DYNO THAT DAY!how many times do you have to read this to quit blameing me for this bullsh it??? You know along time ago when buschur started posting his dyno numbers everybody on the evom argued for months about his low numbers and everbody else's high numbers. So for that i say yay, if everbody wants to base off one dyno then good cause i dont give a **** about one dyno because their 1000's of there!
Old May 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

ok its settled everyone lay off. ^ good point. Let's end this thread. Everyone smile and move on.
Old May 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
****ing idiot how do you think all these big tuners started out??? Born with a ****ing laptop in there hands tuning an evo?? This backyard tuner did better job then my last tuner witch who is a big tuner on this board that you would pay over $300 to tune your car. I would be happy to post before and after logs and dll sheet between Kasey and professional tuner but I’m not an ******* like some people who like to put other people down just because they are jealous and don’t have a life.
oh **** an e-thug. Never knew they really existed. Learn English and get back at me. I trust tuners like Sean ivey that have degrees in software engineering and can eloquently present an argument. Not some kid that backyard tunes for a six pack of bud.

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635