Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Making 380WHP with $635

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warrtalon's arguements are flawless in this post, and he NEVER flamed the OP, so I don't know why everyone's getting their panties up in a bunch...

quantitative info (i.e. dyno #'s) need to be put into perspective -- ESPECIALLY by a 'tuner'.

Case in point:

Where are most N00bs going to get their new Evo's tuned?

a) Tuner 'A', who turns out basic bolt-on Evos making 340whp

-or-

b) Tuner 'B', who is relatively new to the scene, and can suddenly turn out basic bolt-on Evos making 380whp?

If dyno numbers are not put into perspective (high-reading or low-reading Mustang/DD/DJ), then they should never even be mentioned because they don't mean ****...

To the OP: congrats on $$$ well spent ; and don't sweat this thread -- dyno numbers are a VERY touchy subject...
Old May 14, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mudduck
Warrtalon's arguements are flawless in this post, and he NEVER flamed the OP, so I don't know why everyone's getting their panties up in a bunch...

quantitative info (i.e. dyno #'s) need to be put into perspective -- ESPECIALLY by a 'tuner'.

Case in point:

Where are most N00bs going to get their new Evo's tuned?

a) Tuner 'A', who turns out basic bolt-on Evos making 340whp

-or-

b) Tuner 'B', who is relatively new to the scene, and can suddenly turn out basic bolt-on Evos making 380whp?

If dyno numbers are not put into perspective (high-reading or low-reading Mustang/DD/DJ), then they should never even be mentioned because they don't mean ****...

To the OP: congrats on $$$ well spent ; and don't sweat this thread -- dyno numbers are a VERY touchy subject...
True true...I see everyones point here, and lets just look at the bright side.

Stock evo on that dyno...280HP.

My evo after the bolt ons....almost 380HP. Thats almost 100hp gains....So...I guess I should of said "100HP for $635".

My bad guys, I didn't mean for this thread to get so out of hand. Lets leave it on a happy note.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, your evo is no where near fast. It's just an average bolt on evo.

Then you come to emphasize you made 380whp on Mustang dyno...haha...

I'll be surprised if your car doesn't blow up, looking at the deceitfulness of your tuner.

I made 411whp on mustang dyno @6250rpm with big turbo and built motor & head.

You're saying your little stocker flows only a bit less than my T61..

This has got to be the funniest thread of the month.

Last edited by evilbada; May 14, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evilbada

I'll be surprised if your car doesn't blow up, looking at the deceitfulness of your tuner.

If you got tuned @ DTM, next time your down ill meet you there and be more than happy to pick on your Ego.

Oh yeah, im friends with Kasey also. He knows what hes doing/talking about. PM me when you come down.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0cRaZy
If you got tuned @ DTM, next time your down ill meet you there and be more than happy to pick on your Ego.

Oh yeah, im friends with Kasey also. He knows what hes doing/talking about. PM me when you come down.
I have NEVER called my evo fast when I was making 308whp on mustang dyno with bolt ons. Hell, it's built now but I still don't call it fast as there are much faster evo's out there.

If you found even a glimse of 'EGO' in my post, then you have problems.

I'm stating facts and putting it into perspective.

And yea, a person who knows what he's doing/talking about will lead a customer to believe he's pushing 380whp on mustang dyno with his stock 9 turbo
Old May 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, there was a Red Evo RS there with cams, exhaust, green turbo, and alot of other upgrades I don't remember...and he made around 420HP on the same dyno. If the dyno number is high..so what...that means both our cars are higher...all I have to do is subtract his number from mine and I get the difference.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

I have NEVER called my evo fast when I was making 308whp on mustang dyno with bolt ons. Hell, it's built now but I still don't call it fast as there are much faster evo's out there.

If you found even a glimse of 'EGO' in my post, then you have problems.

I'm stating facts and putting it into perspective.

And yea, a person who knows what he's doing/talking about will lead a customer to believe he's pushing 380whp on mustang dyno with his stock 9 turbo
If YOU don't realize your ego in your last post you have problems....
Old May 14, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBS
oh **** an e-thug. Never knew they really existed. Learn English and get back at me. I trust tuners like Sean ivey that have degrees in software engineering and can eloquently present an argument. Not some kid that backyard tunes for a six pack of bud.
blowoffsilver is not some backyard kid that tunes for a sixpack....however if that is your interpretation of a backyard tuner is. He shares our struggle and interest for Evos, and the local guys are really impressed with his tune. Shouldn't that be all that matters? For the guys that will never get their tune from him, it does not even matter for you guys if this makes sense or not so pitch in your .02 and call it a day. blowoffsilver is a not a known tuner but hes been tuning for awhile, and even tuners can make a simple mistake. He is just new at the business aspect of tuning. It is his reputation that is being challenged here and I understand why he is upset. The arguement has been posted, the culprit has been investigated, so lets just call it quits now. For your information, Sean Ivey locks your ecu when he tunes your car, thus preventing any further tunes made by anyone but himself.

Last edited by EvoHung; May 14, 2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
If YOU don't realize your ego in your last post you have problems....
ego

noun
1. an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others

OP, your evo is no where near fast. It's just an average bolt on evo. --- my opinion, but more or less generalized fact in evo world. (bolt on evo = average evo)

Then you come to emphasize you made 380whp on Mustang dyno...haha... --- FACT which was accentuated with my little self expression

I'll be surprised if your car doesn't blow up, looking at the deceitfulness of your tuner. --- My $.02 based on the way your tuner defended himself

I made 411whp on mustang dyno @6250rpm with big turbo and built motor & head. --- Plain fact which I can back up with a dyno sheet, and this also is a comparable measure which puts YOUR number into perspective.

You're saying your little stocker flows only a bit less than my T61.. --- showing my skepticism about your non-real world dream. In a real world, 16g does not flow a bit less than a T61, but rather a FAR less.

This has got to be the funniest thread of the month. --- again my $.02

Now, where's the ego? I never said or implied that my car was superior.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

ego

You're saying your little stocker flows only a bit less than my T61
Is that not implying that your car is superior?
Old May 14, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Is that not implying that your car is superior?
omg..are you being serious dude?

I'm so sorry I was being egotistic.

You can go have your eggs scrambled sunny side up while having it over easy.

Geez.
Old May 14, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I'm a big proponent of minimal mod monsters. ~100whp for $635 is an accomplishment! Now go see what it traps.

I can appreciate your frustrations but I wouldnt get upset about it. Your also up against the people that invested thousands to get to the ~350whp mark, and your doing it with ebay parts. When you tell most people that they could have had very similar numbers on a IX without their turbo timer's, walbro's, piggybacks, battery kits, jdm exhausts, intakes, IC piping, bov, fmic, or cams on stock turbo IX's they get a little flustered.

And finally, keep in mind this forum is as much a marketplace for vendors as it is a place for enthusiasts. It's still a great board and it's highly entertaining at times.
Amen brother.

People actually believe a FMIC will actually increase hp on a dyno. If you have less restriction and dont turn the boost back down to the same level it will appear to make more power, but its really just the increased boost pressure at the intake.

For the record, my 05 Evo MR with Forge BOV, Catback, and K&N, made 282 on this dyno on the stock ECU program. So it gives you another comparison.

Brian
Old May 14, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Actually that was 506 on a stock turbo on E90 and it was my boss' car. My car hasnt dyno'd on the Green and alcohol yet. It was a dynojet for reference, and I do have the airflow logs of that car so I can tell you what amount of air it takes to make that power.
The Evo with FP Green on E85 was peaking at 28 psi, but would not hold but 24 psi by 7200 RPM with the no signal going to the wastegate actuator above 6500 RPM. That turbo is maxed out and is making 470 or 480 on that dyno. He has 272 cams, 1000cc injectors, dual pump system from buschur, works 02 housing and DP, testpipe, 80 mm catback, FMIC upgrade, upper and lower IC pipe with MAF translator, EVC 6, and a ECU flash. The injectors are maxed out above 6000 RPM and the HP curve is flat from 5800 RPM to 7000 RPM (read same power for 1200 RPM). So you can figure out bhp on E85 with 1000 cc RC injectors and see how much power it is making. The air flow is maxed out on that turbo as well. I dont know what HP the FP Green is good for, but this maybe about the most it will make on this dyno.

Brian
Old May 14, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info Brian. And if your car was the Blue Evo X there with the Exhaust....it looked SIICK.

To be honest, I hated the X's until I saw yours.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, 121 isn't impressive for 445whp even on a Dynojet much less a Mustang Dyno. If the clutch held for the dyno run, then it would hold even more on the drag run, because there is less load (high rpm = lower torque).
Now common War.... You should know better than that. On the dyno, the clutch is fully engaged the whole time you are making the power pull or torque pull however you want to look at it. That is using Static friciton. When you are at the track you are using the clutch as a torque converter to get the RPM up to where you are making enough torque to launch the car hard. This slipping of the clutch to the flywheel is what causes the problem with slipping clutch at the track. You are under the constraints of kinetic friction during the slipping phase, which is much lower coefficient of friction than static.

Example, I can take bone stock Evo and take it the drag strip and launch at 6000 RPM and get the clutch with 220 ft lbs to slip in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, especially if I make back to back launches. You can run a car with 400 ft lbs of torque for a day straight back to back runs and the clutch will never slip. Ask me how I know because we have done it many times.

Babying a clutch of the line because it might slip can and will reduce your MPH by 1 to 3 mph because you cant apply full power for the complete 1/4 mile trip because you have to baby the car until its moving. So average HP for the 1/4 mile is lower than if you could launch hard.

Brian

Quick Reply: Making 380WHP with $635