Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin-scroll skeptics...

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered my TS HTA 3582 with a 1.0 housing. It will be going on my 2.2L long rod motor which I'm putting in my car right now. Should make a really fun street car.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weap0n
There willingness to post there thoughts and experience to help others (even though they are gaining nothing from it) is testament to there giving and unselfish nature.
that's funny, if you really got that from those two peoples posts..you must not have been reading as i was and they were bickering about who's been building manifolds the longest....who has a former customer of a different shop now saying the previous shop didn't know what they were doing...and to top it off, one shop says let me see the data and another shop says "man i got your data right here..."
Old May 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

i think my fullrace t4 1.06ar HTA gt35r rocks on my stock motor. I mean it spools way faster and make more power than my old buschur kit. I have not seen any other 35r kit on the stock motor make 20psi of boost by 4k rpm in 3rd gear and the top end is great.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-results.html

Last edited by riceball777; May 24, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

I'm curious why no one commented a few pages back (I know this post is old) on 555R's post when he said he overlaid a full race plot over a stock IX and they were identical until 4k rpm's.

If this is the norm....then why is it always said that the stock frame turbo upgrades are better then going GT35R on a stock motor. I don't plan on rebuilding unless I have to but it would make sense to spend the money upfront and have the ability to up in power if you want or use a turbo that is efficient with having to max it out to get 450+.

Am I wrong in my thinking.

So before i was thinking MAP SST/BBK FULL (rmoured XL)/FP HTA GREEN or Red (or rumoured black). Now I can add a Fullrace T4 TS 35R to the mix. I mean if it doesn't loose spool time then to me besides the price this is a no brainer.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

well i pulled the trigger and got me a BW S300 83/75
i can say anything but fantastic things about my kit
its insane and its spools fast
I shouldnt have doubted or waited so long to get it
to date since its installation I only lost to one car and it was an STi with a 35R and methanol
nothing else has come close past second gear and that race was about the top of 4th going into 5th
noone commented because I probably didnt post the handwritten dynosheet I made up
its not the greatest way to compare but it helped me in decidiing what turbo to get
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
I'm curious why no one commented a few pages back (I know this post is old) on 555R's post when he said he overlaid a full race plot over a stock IX and they were identical until 4k rpm's. If this is the norm....then why is it always said that the stock frame turbo upgrades are better then going GT35R on a stock motor... So before i was thinking MAP SST/BBK FULL (rmoured XL)/FP HTA GREEN or Red (or rumoured black). Now I can add a Fullrace T4 TS 35R to the mix. I mean if it doesn't loose spool time then to me besides the price this is a no brainer.
you are 100% correct... most people do not understand twinscroll which is why they are scared of "big laggy turbos" since most singlescroll 35Rs (HTA or not) are a little bit lazy. Twinscroll changes all of that

Originally Posted by 555R
well i pulled the trigger and got me a BW S300 83/75 i cant say anything but fantastic things about my kit its insane and its spools fast I shouldnt have doubted or waited so long to get it to date since its installation I only lost to one car and it was an STi with a 35R and methanol nothing else has come close past second gear and that race was about the top of 4th going into 5th noone commented because I probably didnt post the handwritten dynosheet I made up its not the greatest way to compare but it helped me in decidiing what turbo to get
Im happy as hell to see that you are still stoked on the turbokit. After all those long conversations you pulled the trigger and didnt regret it
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Just last night I had a friend who owns a 35R-powered EVO get behind the wheel of my car so I could sit shotgun and do some tuning. We hadn't even gone but a couple hundred yards down the street when he said, "Whoa, how did you get your car to feel so torquey? It feels awesome and we haven't even got into boost!"

He's now saving for a twinscroll conversion. LOL
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ted B
Just last night I had a friend who owns a 35R-powered EVO get behind the wheel of my car ..he said, "Whoa, how did you get your car to feel so torquey? It feels awesome and we haven't even got into boost!" He's now saving for a twinscroll conversion. LOL

the first time you feel the tq, youre hooked
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Just last night I had a friend who owns a 35R-powered EVO get behind the wheel of my car so I could sit shotgun and do some tuning. We hadn't even gone but a couple hundred yards down the street when he said, "Whoa, how did you get your car to feel so torquey? It feels awesome and we haven't even got into boost!"

He's now saving for a twinscroll conversion. LOL
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Start saving ...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yeap
Start saving ...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I have a ts full race 3076 and sold my cheap xs power twin scroll manifold and got a full race single scroll manifold. The spool up with the single scroll manifold vs twin scroll on my car is extremely different. The ts spooled at least 400 to 500 rpm sooner. I now kind of regret the decision I made. So my vote is twinscroll all the way for bottom end. I am going to redyno with my new singlescroll and see the difference.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i love my new TS setup. it made some awesome power non the less. i really hope i can drive the car in 2010 though and get to the race track. i am making a few changes to my setup again and it should be a fun year.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i am making a few changes to my setup again and it should be a fun year.
what changes spill the beans!

Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
I have a ts full race 3076 and sold my cheap xs power twin scroll manifold and got a full race single scroll manifold. The spool up with the single scroll manifold vs twin scroll on my car is extremely different. The ts spooled at least 400 to 500 rpm sooner. I now kind of regret the decision I made. So my vote is twinscroll all the way for bottom end. I am going to redyno with my new singlescroll and see the difference.
I personally prefer the twinscroll to the singlescrolls, but we manufacture both styles to suit our customer's needs. glad to hear you feel the same way about twinscrolls!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
what changes spill the beans!

i cant spill all my secrets. HA. i sent u a text though. hehe. now you know the spilled beans. hehe.

Quick Reply: Twin-scroll skeptics...