Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Injen HPK= LOUD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen HPK= LOUD

Now before you all start up your flame throwers I am not a ricer(my car is debaged with no stickers and a rexpeed lip spolier). I did not buy my hard pipe kit to make my car sound cool, but rather a fairly inexpensive means to increase power. I just did not realize how LOUD this intake would be. I have the following mods (INJEN HPK, TURBOSMART BOV, INVIDIA O2, DP, TEST PIPE, AND HKS HI PWR CATBACK. On spool up with the BOV recirculated this thing is almost anoying. Well enough about my rant I just need a tune now! I would like some feed back on your hard pipe kits, and how loud they are in comparison to stock. Thank You
Old May 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

LOL, dude, most people are trying to improve the sound coming out of the BOV and you are annoyed I guess each of us has different preferences...

Originally Posted by EvosnatcH
Now before you all start up your flame throwers I am not a ricer(my car is debaged with no stickers and a rexpeed lip spolier). I did not buy my hard pipe kit to make my car sound cool, but rather a fairly inexpensive means to increase power. I just did not realize how LOUD this intake would be. I have the following mods (INJEN HPK, TURBOSMART BOV, INVIDIA O2, DP, TEST PIPE, AND HKS HI PWR CATBACK. On spool up with the BOV recirculated this thing is almost anoying. Well enough about my rant I just need a tune now! I would like some feed back on your hard pipe kits, and how loud they are in comparison to stock. Thank You
Old May 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the injen intake w/ upper ic pipe. I love it, but still running stock bov. The intake sounds perfect to me w/ stock IX bov. IMHO. I bought the intake so I wouldnt have to upgrade the BOV. I can imagine it might get annoying w/ an upgrade VTA bov...after a while.
Old May 17, 2008, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

the evo doesnt come with a bov
Old May 17, 2008, 01:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stick with the stock ix bov... Its sufficient for the stock turbo and has a more sedate sound.

All cone intakes will be pretty loud, you always have the option of a drop in filter.. Few hp sacrifice is worth being overall happier with the car.

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2008, 04:24 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Good addition to this thread, thanks for the in depth information!

I am on the same boat as you, I like my peace and quiet. I have two air boxes, may try hacking one up a little and stick it over the filter to see what happens. I have my doubts that it will work though.

The point of the airbox is to keep the car quiet and it does a good job at that IMO, however as a result it is somewhat restrictive. I'll post up a picture if I end up doing it.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old May 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

What do you mean the Evo doesn't come with a BOV?

Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Old May 17, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want a good price and good service, get in contact with Tamer at 4WS Tuning. He's a great guy to work with. I can defintely feel the difference from stock to the tuned performance. Going to the track this weekend to test it out. Hopefully my shifting isn't suck cause I'm expecting low 13s. It's been a long time since I race at the track. Drove a luxury for 2 years and it really slow my gear change ability Hope it's a good excuse. I'll post my times up when I get it done.
Old May 17, 2008, 06:42 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by BGR
What do you mean the Evo doesn't come with a BOV?
He is probably one of those half-wits who argues about the differences between a DV and BOV while never having touched a car. I'm sure he'll come back with some reply that will go nowhere so he can increase his post count.

I tried the airbox hacking. Results were negligible. I'll cope.

I did replace the wee little cone filter I had with a HUGE K&N filter and it seems a bit better.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old May 17, 2008, 08:48 PM

I have the injen intake with the ix bov. sounds good. It is noticeably louder than stock. No drivability issues.