Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone use Jack's Transmissions???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicEVO
Yeah.. Thats my fault i just read 5 speed rebuild is $899... Didn't see the part that he was talking about the 6 speed. Sorry about that i sent Jack an email so hopefully he can come give some information..

Mark
Believe me, I wish a 6 to built 5 swap was that cheap...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:13 PM

Hello, thanks for the good word all!

I need to make some updates to the site for our EVO section. I have a lot more I want to add as it is a little old and dated in there now, especially when it comes to our t-case service.

We highly recommend to anyone that comes to our shop that they upgrade to the 5-speed trans if they break the 6. There is not a whole lot we can do to help the 6-speed and it just seems better to replace it. Unfortunately, it's not cheap. The customer can find their own 5-speed for us to rebuild or we can supply a core if they want to purchase one. The whole conversion to the 5-speed is not $899, sorry...

Jack
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

+5 for Jack's... Had a boost leak test done there yesterday and having the tranny and t-case done next summer. Everyone around here that runs Jack's transmissions have nothing but positive things to say about them.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JackM
Hello, thanks for the good word all!

I need to make some updates to the site for our EVO section. I have a lot more I want to add as it is a little old and dated in there now, especially when it comes to our t-case service.

We highly recommend to anyone that comes to our shop that they upgrade to the 5-speed trans if they break the 6. There is not a whole lot we can do to help the 6-speed and it just seems better to replace it. Unfortunately, it's not cheap. The customer can find their own 5-speed for us to rebuild or we can supply a core if they want to purchase one. The whole conversion to the 5-speed is not $899, sorry...

Jack
Haha, after I posted here I went back and reread the the 6 speed rebuild page like 5 or 6 times...slowly. Then I finally understood what your trying to say.

Your saying that if you rebuild the 6 speed it should only be for a stock car as adding mods will kill it either way, built or unbuilt.

Just curious though, have you had guys rebuild the six and still add mods with no problems.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:43 PM

The only 6-speeds we have rebuilt were for dealerships, not enthusiasts, so I'm afraid we have not had a 6-speed in a car with a good amount of power to see what it could do. It seems like the EVO enthusiast that has a 6 with a failure goes to the 5 all of the time. From what I can see, they can handle a little power for awhile but they fatigue pretty fast and eventually break.

Jack
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I watched a ton of the videos. Very informative. I have heard nothing but good things about his work from a lot of DSMs. I am surprised more Evo guys dont use him.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I watched a ton of the videos. Very informative. I have heard nothing but good things about his work from a lot of DSMs. I am surprised more Evo guys dont use him.
I think over the next year more people probably will.. Jack has just been so barried with all the work he has had he rarely gets time to some and talk on these boards. Hopefully over the next year he will get some more exposure and start doing some more builds..

Mark
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pricing seem very good compared to shep
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

How much for his T-Case service (not a rebuild, ring and pinion still good, just though I'd get it done while doing clutch upgrade)? Can someone post up his website so I can take a look. This isn't the first time I've heard great things about Jack's Transmissions.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor

WWW.JACKSTRANSMISSIONS.COM
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and what option is the equivalent to Shep's stage 2 since I don't understand the site all too well (Jackstransmissions.com duh lol).
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
How much for his T-Case service (not a rebuild, ring and pinion still good, just though I'd get it done while doing clutch upgrade)? Can someone post up his website so I can take a look. This isn't the first time I've heard great things about Jack's Transmissions.
I don't know if it says on the site.. if not try to email him..

If neither of those work I can call him for ya too..
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh and what option is the equivalent to Shep's stage 2 since I don't understand the site all too well (Jackstransmissions.com duh lol).
Just the performance rebuild would be a similar setup. $899.

I have thrown 600-650+HP through mine for over two years and its apsolutly FLAWLESS.. Tons of 10second passes and even with stood a 1.51, 1.53, and 1.55 60ft times at the track this past weekend without a hickup..

Mark
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EpicEVO
Just the performance rebuild would be a similar setup. $899.

I have thrown 600-650+HP through mine for over two years and its apsolutly FLAWLESS.. Tons of 10second passes and even with stood a 1.51, 1.53, and 1.55 60ft times at the track this past weekend without a hickup..

Mark
Sounds great, much more affordable than Shep. Sounds like something I should do for next season when I do the clutch. Thanks you just made my mind up I'm def doing both of them together, since it's not nearly as expensive .
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Sounds great, much more affordable than Shep. Sounds like something I should do for next season when I do the clutch. Thanks you just made my mind up I'm def doing both of them together, since it's not nearly as expensive .
Yea Jack does a great job and doesn't charge a lot for it. I'm glad i was able to give you some advise. He APSOLUTLY stands behind it too I refered a friend to him.. He had an issue, Jack himself drove over an hour and a half to come pick the car up brought it back to his shop, fixed it then later drove it back and delievered it to the guy!! I was blown away!! And so was the guy!!

Mark

Quick Reply: Anyone use Jack's Transmissions???