Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dyno Flash Evo ready to battle at next weekends Buschur Shootout ! (dyno video)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Flash Evo ready to battle at next weekends Buschur Shootout ! (dyno video)

I am looking forward to this weekend's Buschur Sport Compact Shootout at Norwalk Raceway Park. This event was previously the Buschur WRX vs Evo Shootout but this year it has been expanded to include other import makes.

I have been hard at work making preparations for the Buschur race this comming weekend

A nice areo conversion like the one I saw on the AMS Evo

Took off the muffler

Also I removed some excess material in the rear doors

Engine still the same

Interior view

How many Evo fans are comming to the Buschur Race / car show? Norwalk is one of the best tracks in the country and always Master Buschur preps the track very well.

Also there is a dyno day and meet on the Saturday before the race

Here is a video of my preparations today for the big event and a dyno pull without the muffler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxeo3sg70J8

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 18, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, I helped with the construction of that wonderful piece of aerodynamics!.haha
Old May 18, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow you took off the br cop and are using a stock ignition???
Old May 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jezefink
Maybe this time you will ACTUALLY get a pass off and make it in one piece and be able to drive your car on the trailer
This is the typical hater / negativity of the keyboard warrior. I try to stay focused on postive aspects of this business and engaging in dialouge with people who have something useful and genuine to contribute to a discussion.

Not that it matters to you. But keeping it real, here is the VIDEO of LAST WEEK when the same car went down the track at 9.6 @ 154 - drove onto the trailer - still driving and running strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAD_7librM

In case you are interested, my personal goals with my Evo 8 are to try and drive it very fast down the 1/4 mile irrespective of what I break as I actually enjoy preparing the car and wrenching on it more than racing it. As a wise man once said - "If you are not breaking parts, you are not making enough power" Jason Seibles '03. Recently, I have not been driving to the track with the intention of conserving parts or making numerous passes. My mentality is to get out all the stress and mental frustration I have bottled inside from reading thousands of evious nasty posts on the internet and drive the car as hard as I possibly can in order to seek the rush and exhileration of pushing the car to its limits and my driving as far as I can. This kind of approach my not make any sense to anyone else but it gives me a lot of pleasure. if this means I break a few tranmissions and other parts - i dont care. Its fun

This is an example of a great day for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgTab4bQ28

There is no shame in grenaing a trans with 20,000 miles of hellish abuse in it

Also, just for reference, I have won more Evo drag events than ANY one else. I used to want to win thropies and take it easy on the car and play race strategy. I have been there / done that. I was a winner or runner up in every Evo Elinimator class at the Buschur Shootout since 2003 (expection being last year's rained out event - although I did win King of the Dyno Again).

These days I dont even go to most races - I rather take my STI and do braket racing. I like to save the Evo for test and tune night with the real drag racers. Anyone who is into the thrill of speed for speed's sake will understand my position.

Thanks for your contribution. Its a shame that there are no many toxic individuals on the internet, however, I refuse to throw the baby out with the bath water and I keep doing my thing.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 18, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 09:06 PM

Looks good... sounds healthy
Old May 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good!
Old May 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

See ya next week Al.

Car sounds strong!
Old May 18, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Al you seemed to be a firm believer in keeping a drag car, full body and non cut up in the past, why the change of style?
Old May 18, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

good job al

using the stock ignition?
Originally Posted by evodan2004
wow you took off the br cop and are using a stock ignition???
Old May 18, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome work Al goodluck! Be safe Bro
Old May 18, 2008, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Good luck next week Al....hey atleast no one can say ur a bench racer
Old May 18, 2008, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like in Norwalk on sunday?
Old May 18, 2008, 10:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
Al you seemed to be a firm believer in keeping a drag car, full body and non cut up in the past, why the change of style?
I am following the same approach.

However, I am adding some flexability to my position. Since i dont carry any back seat passengers I elected to trim out the winow sliders and the inner door pannels on the back seats. After doing it and weighing the stuff I took out i felt kind of stupid becuase it only amounted to a few pounds. Taking out weight at this point takes a lot of consideration and though as to what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of.

At this point I am taking baby steps as to what to get rid of.

Its ironic to me as my car weighs approx 2900 lbs right now (give or take) (without driver) and its a race car while the Bad Bish is a real street car and weighs 2600 or so with driver. Kind of stange when you wrap your brain around what those costly carbon fiber parts do for you - they are simply amazing.

Anyway, we'll see how far the weight reduction goes

This weeks' modifications were

Remove Cat back exhuast & muffler
Remove weather stipping on the rear doors
Reove rear window regulators
Remove rear carpet
Old May 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jezefink
its nice to break parts and all. But u cone on here claiming. How buschurs a genius. And how his artistic view on evos is amazing. If it was so amazing. Why do u scatter buschwacker trans and why do u scatter buchur motors etc. They should be able to handle the abuse of GENIUS al. Just my two cents and. Yes I'm out on we'd and Fridays making passes on a full wheight car. At etown. For some reason I dont scatter a motor on 40psi with eagle rods. Hmmm. Thank you albert
A few clarifications - I run Shep Trans and that trans that broke was the original one that was in my car for 20,000 miles and 6 years of abuse. I don't expect the stuff to last forever. Actually I did not expect it to last as long as it did. It was the first trans I ever broke, I was starting to think they were bionic.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Great job on the car Al, you never seem to get tired of working.

I wish we had our car back, looks like we may get it back from the chassis shop this week but if we do it's going to be a mad rush to even try to finish it for the race. Not sure it will be worth it, you know us, we don't usually bust our asses on our own stuff to get it ready.

Looking forward to seeing you this week. Looks like a busy couple of days for you when you do get here with the tunes that are lined up for Thursday and Friday.

Quick Reply: Dyno Flash Evo ready to battle at next weekends Buschur Shootout ! (dyno video)