Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What would you change?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2008, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trackstar2885
i think your next step would be some head wor, ported intake manifold and 65mm throttle body... i would go with Buschur but I am biased. also, you are reaching the limit on the stock turbo have you thought about going 20g... technically its still considered stock turbo.
Are you kidding? The only thing stock about a 20g is the shell. That's like upgrading your pistons and rods and saying "technically it's still considered a stock engine".
Old May 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Just buy a nice water alcohol injection kit from 4WS and get it re-tuned. Easiest way your going to make some extra noticable and most importantly safe power on 93 with w/e you want to run 28-30 psi.
Old May 25, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

am I missing something here? you haven't shown us any dynographs or whp #'s with this setup, so how do we know how well your current setup is working? Also, what are your goals here? Or are you just aiming for peak WHP #'s (my guess judging by your cams on the stock turbo)?

I would consider buying a HKS EVC 6 (boost controller) or using a GM boost solenoid and find someone that really knows how to set it up to be able to hold 23psi up at 7000rpm on your stocker.

also, IIRC, the Injen setup was crap - the LICP is modeled very similarly to the stock LICP - it's one of those mods that was not really an 'upgrade'...

Let's see your numbers/graphs to better help you out...
Old May 25, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, thanks for all the replies ppl, keep em coming! Ya, sorry I forgot to add the word engine in there . Kinda iffy about postin numbers (dont wanna be one of those ppl),but if I get asked enough........... Just thinkin that maybe someone has had one of my parts, switched to somethin else, and had better results. I.E: short route IC piping... Heard alot about the gm boost solenoid, think Ill try it out. In the market for a meth kit right now. Just dont know who to go with. At this point its between the Labonte, Aquamist, and Snow.....Any suggestions??? Thanks again
Old May 25, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Snow, SMC, AEM, aquamist all make good meth kits - just buy yourself a failsafe with the kit, so if the meth fails you - the failsafe will automatically switch to running lower boost (wastegate pressure).

I personally don't think changing your UICP out will give you more than 2hp or so - not worth it in my opinion...

yeah, the meth kit will give you the best gains by far for the $$$ - also the added torque makes the car much more fun to drive on the street...
Old May 25, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, 312whp/308trq before the Forge wga. I was peaking at 23.5psi, and tapering down to 18.2 on the stock unit. Havent seen numbers since, and havent even boosted car since! Juuuust put the wga on. Maybe it fixed the taper, maybe not. All this was done on a Mustang Dyno, using only 91 octane fuel, and just my luck! A/C in the dyno room broke that morning Temp in the room was arooouund 120... Dont even wanna know what my IAT's were logged at My plan is to get as much SAFE/SMOOTH/RELIABLE hp as I can without havin to go big turbo. Want to make very last bit of hp with every last part on the car
Old May 25, 2008, 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have good parts on your car. If you want "Bang for the Buck" I would definately stick with a meth kit. Headwork, cam swaps.....etc. All of that is fine and dandy but I don't think you'll be happy with your gains compared to a meth kit. I sound biased but I don't even own a meth kit. I'm shopping around right now. I'm probably going with Aquamist.
Old May 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

Based on your last post, I think you're making good power.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, dont get me wrong, I love it and it feels great, and Im pretty happy, but IDK, im just the type that wants every last hp out of what I have, or what I have to play with. Could also be all the hype on "short route piping", DV's, MBC or boost solenoids, etc. Lotta ppl that SWEAR by some products, u know. Want ppl who have switched over and spent the $, to chime in. And wanna know if theyre results were god or bad. Dont have the $ to be that person rite now
Old May 25, 2008, 09:09 AM

i would get a snow performance meth kit.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
Account Disabled

I hear you about the hype. It's funny how people will swear by a product just because they own it. It's a tough call on some of these things people are posting. Especially cams....and I'm not knocking anyones post at all. If you know you're going to be putting a bigger turbo on eventually then don't get cams that will maximize your stocker turbo by a couple of horsepower over the cams you have now. Porting I'm sure will help.....good luck with whatever you choose.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

bro, try not to get too caught up with all peak whp #'s and all. You're not even going to feel a loss or gain of 10whp, so don't waste any more money swapping out mods you already have on the car just to gain another 2-3 hp.

Given your scenario -- warm climate AND no FMIC AND 91 gas -- the very best mod you can do to your car is a good meth kit -- this will effectively raise your octane (greatly) and your IAT's.

Don't forget that the Green is a bolt-on turbo ( I added a Green @ 29psi on pump 93/meth, and saw another 80whp/70wtq or so after tuning...)
Old May 25, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by mudduck; May 25, 2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: ooops...
Old May 25, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, thats definetely a step up. Green is so iffy, not tryn to bag at all or anything, but u hear of ppl lovin it, and u also hear of ppl hating it......So whats the deal???? Either it makes power or it doesnt. Possible tuning issues?....
Old May 25, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

I, in fact, DO have a FMIC. 3" xs engineering, just fyi

Quick Reply: What would you change?