Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

gt3076r vs Evogreen

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think you can go wrong with either setups. However, the green is one hell of a turbo for both the street and the strip. If I had it to do all over again. I would not change a thing.
Old May 29, 2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by OKIX
I dont think you can go wrong with either setups. However, the green is one hell of a turbo for both the street and the strip. If I had it to do all over again. I would not change a thing.

I agree....both setups are great. I think it just depends on what you want. There both good on the street but the green is a little better. Faster spool for sure. Your TQ numbers are great. That thing must be crazy down low. What is the highest level your green will hold boost at...26-27psi? I m just wondering....i dont know much about the green? I ve been on Buschurs dyno a few times and mad props for that 500+ftlbs. I made 434whp 356ftlbs last year at Buschur with a very conservative tune that I asked Dave for. I only ran 28psi and no more than 8 degrees of ign timing. Since then i did an agressive map. 30psi and 11 degrees of ign timing. I think I should be around 480whp or so but my Tq will be luck to see 380 on BR mustang dyno lol. Im going back soon to do some baselines. Now do you just spike a huge TQ number or does it hold pretty much flat

Last edited by Stikiller666; May 29, 2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old May 29, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unless you use the same dyno, same car, and just switch out turbos comparing is pretty pointless. Too many variables.
Old May 29, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

3076r

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=332881
Old May 29, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

For anyone asking themselves this question think of this.

What rpm do you launch?

What rpm do you shift at? and where do the rpm's drop to on the shifts?

So, where is the 'meat' of your usable rpm band at the track banging through 4 gears?

Take the average hp increase in that range and give yourself .10 and/or 1mph for every 10hp more. This should be your realtime difference at the track.

On the street where the green really shines in the more day to day rpm range, are you 100% throttle, or just cruising around?

If you are going to push the car to its limit with 22psi, then go with the green. If you ever plan on turning that boost knob up anywhere from there, go 3076r.

Fact is, most guys that have the supporting mods to go 3076 end up going for broke with a 35r. It's the logical choice.

Last edited by 4kinboost; May 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old May 29, 2008, 11:09 PM

If the FP green came with a dual ball bearing center cartridge, it'd be my choice. Other than that, my choice goes to a garrett DBB turbo... to each his own.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stikiller666
Steelcityevo has a video of his car running 25psi on his GT3076r vs a heavy modded evogreen running 29psi. PM him and ask for the link to see what happens

I remember watching that...

SBRGT3076r Turbo Kit
HKS 272 cams
Buschur Meth Kit
Buschur ported intake manifold
Buschur 65mm TB
Spearco FMIC
AEM EMS
HKS EVC 2
GHL Turbo back Exhaust
Tial 44mm Wastegate
XS IC Pipe Kit
XS ignition Amp
FIC 850cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
TPG Tune @ 30psi
Exedy Twin Disc
ARP Head Studs
Buschur solid motor mounts
527whp 484ftlbs 93/VP meth 30psi on SBR Dynapack

I'll be doing the same thing but with Ecuflash and Maft Pro. Otherwise mods are very similar. Meth for me is next. I wouldn't trade the 3076R in for a green. 25-26 psi on pump is about all I can manage at this point without pulling my timing thru the floor. I saw your results on the dyno and was very happy for you. I know how mine feels, I bet that thing is fun.

OT: I'd love to see your AIT's tho. If you have logs from the AEM. Preferably normal driving.

I skipped the Green for the 3076R. No regrets at all. And this is a street car.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

To the OP: it's really a question of $$ more than anything else. I could come on here and start spouting about my 50 trim (i.e. close to 3076 setup), but unless you had the cash to go with the same setup, there is no point in talking about it. Having gone through a long and winding mod path myself, here's what I would recommend:

Go with the Green and help it out with some good supporting mods. The supporting mods that I would look at would be: Good FMIC (at the very least a regular AMS or Buschur, if not their 4" core 'race' versions); see if you can score an IndyEvo ported stock intake manifold; ported O2 housing; LICP.

If you're going to go with a 3076, then not only is the cost of the turbo kit higher, but you'll also start to move your powerband past the limits of the stock block and head, and the only way to remedy that is to at the very least build the head, if not the block as well.

Separate question - why the Kelford 272 cams? What other cams do they compare to? Given AMS' recent cam test, I'd be very careful in my choice of cams.

l8r)
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To Green Or Not To Green...

Reading through every single post of this thread, it makes it worthwhile when relevant information is given to the community. Before the Green made its debut, it was recommended to me way back in 2005 to go with the GT3076r given my ultimate goals and intended use for my VIII. And then earlier this year, it was recommended to me again to go with the GT3076r by another individual. Is it ironic that the first recommendation was from Buschur and the second was from ETS? And then the Green came on the scene and changed things up for me. I was glad to still be uncommitted and money in hand. It's a matter of perspective as it is with just about everything. Stock-like spool from a Green on meth or E85 putting out somewhere around 415wtq would be pretty exciting. I'm currently tuned at 301wtq and it makes me feel good hammering through 1st-4th gears. I couldn't imagine having over a hundred more at my disposal. Though true that the GT3076r out performs the Green up to, I could live with that if I got passed through 4th gear. My belief is that there would only be a small number of cars that could deal with a properly set up Green on meth or E85. And then there's the matter of price as it's already been alluded to. If you want to put your car into the stardom category, then by all means the GT3076r would give you a more cost-efficient option to upgrade down the road. Now if that's not your desire, then by all means get the Green and make that baby shine. I don't agree with the "go Green or BIG" train of thought as some of us have no desire of building up a bottom end. However, the GT3076r does sound like a nice go-between if maxing out a Green risking damaging your engine with the ability to push things farther than the Green is capable of in a safe manner. If this is the case, then I'd happily go with the HTA3076r. Now from what I've been reading the HTA Green does sound like a true winner. Time will tell and I have one more deployment to Iraq to make my mind up.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
...Now from what I've been reading the HTA Green does sound like a true winner. Time will tell and I have one more deployment to Iraq to make my mind up.
You need to read more ... the HTA Green has be scrapped for now, since it wasn't going to produce more power, just earlier spool.

l8r)
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

twin scroll hta 3076 or green. personally id get the green. the stock spool is awesome, and the numbers are not too far off. my car is making 424 on pump, and 457 on race gas.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
3076r especially if you want to turn the boost up
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

35r, haha no, you can't go wrong w/a green as long as you can send your unit out. Buying it outright for 1700, i'd rather just do the full turbo upgrade, but i'm happy w/my Green for now.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

can't go wrong with the green
Old Jul 3, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by diiirk
twin scroll hta 3076 or green. personally id get the green. the stock spool is awesome, and the numbers are not too far off. my car is making 424 on pump, and 457 on race gas.
What psi on pump?

Quick Reply: gt3076r vs Evogreen