Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

gt3076r vs Evogreen

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikaru
What psi on pump?
25 psi and 93, 0 knock, 11.5-11.6 afr.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

one consideration i don't see popping up much here and i wonder about is durability. fp makes a great turbo in the green, but has it gone through as much reliability testing as say a garret 3076. couple that with how much harder the green works to produce the same power as a 3076 and that only increases the chance of failure. i can't claim this as factual but i would think a 3076 would be a more reliable long term choice than a green at equivalent boost/rpm. btw i run a green and wouldn't go any larger on a 2.0. it is simply the best compromise for power and spool on the street and we know it can throw down on the track if really pushed. now if you're talking about a stroker, then i'd consider some of these larger turbos.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diiirk
twin scroll hta 3076 or green. personally id get the green. the stock spool is awesome, and the numbers are not too far off. my car is making 424 on pump, and 457 on race gas.

Race gas HP #'s are kind of low for that setup, dont you think?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

hta 3076 baby..with supporting mods over 400 all day..
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark H - Evo 8
Hi all

I've got a 2005 Evo IX

edit...saw u were in NZ
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I just read the whole thread. Great debate!

Since the introduction of the FP Green, that 400+ WHP turbo choice has become more difficult to make IMHO.

If you know you'll upgrade later, go straight up to a GT3076R. Spool really isn't bad at all from what I've seen. I rode in a pump gas 2.3RR 37R car and the even with that much lag, it still had a very usable powerband. Honestly, I think the green would get boring after a few months and after you're used to the power. If you go GT3076R, a GT35R upgrade would be relatively easy, and you then have something to work up to.

Best of luck in your turbo choice! Subscribed.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Burklow
I just read the whole thread. Great debate!

Since the introduction of the FP Green, that 400+ WHP turbo choice has become more difficult to make IMHO.

If you know you'll upgrade later, go straight up to a GT3076R. Spool really isn't bad at all from what I've seen. I rode in a pump gas 2.3RR 37R car and the even with that much lag, it still had a very usable powerband. Honestly, I think the green would get boring after a few months and after you're used to the power. If you go GT3076R, a GT35R upgrade would be relatively easy, and you then have something to work up to.

Best of luck in your turbo choice! Subscribed.
the green is definatly not a bolt on 400 awhp like some seem to think. it takes the right mods and a good tune to make it.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
personally id get the green. the stock spool is awesome, and the numbers are not too far off. my car is making 424 on pump, and 457 on race gas.
Originally Posted by Burklow
Since the introduction of the FP Green, that 400+ WHP turbo choice has become more difficult to make IMHO. If you know you'll upgrade later, go straight up to a GT3076R. Spool really isn't bad at all from what I've seen. Honestly, I think the green would get boring after a few months and after you're used to the power. If you go GT3076R, a GT35R upgrade would be relatively easy, and you then have something to work up to.
the green is definatly not a bolt on 400 awhp like some seem to think. it takes the right mods and a good tune to make it.
I agree that some believe just bolting on the Green and getting a tune would get them to that magical 400whp mark without quality parts to match. This is one aspect that's over-looked and leads to those types of threads we've all seen and read. One of the things that I have to constantly remind myself with is that this is a long-term pursuit/hobby and that technology is always evolving. Now a member mentioned the durability of the Green vs. 76R on the PSI levels and I must admit that I've forgotten about that aspect. I'd have to believe that a 76R pushing 26-28 (maybe higher) PSI of boost would be more durable and efficient than a Green in the longrun not to mention that the 76R would have more power available with the change of a few settings. I'm not wanting to build my bottom end whatsoever but after reading this thread, I believe that I could get closer to that point with the 76R instead of the Green not to mention that if I choose to further upgrade down the road it would far easier to do so.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Great Debate -

Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:41 AM

What a great read guys, its helped me make my mind up.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

this is a nice thread...just got my 3076rHTA...7 blades - looks awesome...so much for thinking meth & bolt-ons is fast...OKIX has proven the green is an awesome turbo too.
hunt for clutch and FMIC is on (fullrace vert flow eliminates much piping - looks nice too)
agree with someone who mentioned about too many variables when looking for those running 10's, etc...driving technique, 60', are user dependant variables. trap speed tells the story. friend's identical setup (meth and bolt-ons) went 12.2 @ 118 mph -28psi and about 330 whp on MustDyno- with slipping stock clutch. for argument - another has green with street tune and had a best 110mph trap albeit his first time at the track and suspected boost leak...
so now with turbo upgrades(assuming adequate supporting mods) we should all be trapping 120+ with dyno tunes. agree?